DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Bioware persistence petition

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Bioware persistence petition Reply with quote

I was thinking about trying to start a petition to Bioware to get real persistence support of some kind added to NWN's scripting language. I've never done anything like this though and don't know if it would really work, or if people would really sign the petition.

There are quite a few persistent worlds out there in the NWN mod community though, so I suspect we could at least get many of those players to sign on.

What does everyone think? If such a petition was created, would you sign it? And do you think it would influence Bioware to add the needed scripting functionality?

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
CattiBrie
PostSat 09/14/02 7:46pm
deleted

Last edited by CattiBrie on Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total

laz
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39
 66%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: You never know Reply with quote

I don't Bio is a company that sells a product. If enough consumers want something then you tend to get it. Word of mouth advertising is the most powerful advertising there is. You can not buy it, stop it when it is bad but carries the most clout.

L
a
z
View users profile Send private message Send email
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno ... I consider BioWare to be interested in what people think of their product and interested in doing what they can to make folks happy ... but! (and there is always a butt, eh?)

I think there comes a point where feasibility takes stronger issue over consumer desire. You could throw them a million names and if they didn't think the concept did enough to merit the a) time b) effort c) widespread appeal (as lets face it, no matter how many names ... there are way more other players) then they'll pass on it.

I'm not convinced that the core NWN player is terribly concerned with REAL PW play. I hazard a guess that the majority, perhaps even a large majority, are happy with what amounts to pseudo-PW playing. I can say for myself that while the idea of true PW adventures has a nice ring to it for me ... the current manner of things, like with Dyso, is just fine, too.
African Ape
PostThu 09/19/02 7:12pm
Mabey... they left it out on purpose so later they can add it to an expansion and make everyone want to get it.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostThu 09/19/02 9:46pm
lol yes good point ape.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: