DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Sylvendale War

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Sylvendale War Reply with quote

I have to bring dire news: Ogt and his rioting bunch of friends payed the Tempest Steel Mercernary Company to fight on their side against the order of the white rose, the protectors of Sylvendale.
Considering the proclamations Ogt made concerning his plans (Eleriina will be next, people unite, his usual tirade), Shinje and I felt that it was our duty to fight on the side of the roses to defend the law and the good. We were still outnumbered, and though the tides of the battle changed back and forth in the beginning, Ogt, primary due to the help of the tempest steel mercenaries, won the upper hand. Losses on our side were high, in blood and in money and equipment, cause the mercenaries seemed to have spezialized to steal from the fighting and pillar the dead. Finally we called for a retreat, and Grok of the White Roses went as an emissary to negotiate with Ogt. Oh, we should have known better...
After we didn't hear from Grok again for some time, a triumphant Ogt came to Shinje and me and told us that they had captured the unarmed emissary and were holding him for ransom. Then he left without concretizing his demands.
I fear that the White Roses won't be able to win this war for Sylvendale without help, and that Ogts army won't be content with just occupying Sylvendale, so I feel the urge to join our forces with the roses, but, as I know that I am only one of the youngest members of the order, I just want to bring your attention to that matter, and will trust you to find the best decision.
Gwen Fleetfoot
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((ooc -- when you die in these situations, take the respawn immediately, don't wait for a rez unless you feel like losing your inventory.))

IC --

I've known Ogt for some time and he tends to be somewhat unpredictable and such, but generally doesn't fly off on a bender without some degree of provocation. I had the benefit (?) of being near some talking between some Roses and Ogt before all of this happened, much earlier in the day, and I have to admit that the degree of trash being uttered by the Roses in Ogt's direction was rather shameful. I expected that it would lead to a reprisal later in the day and it seems it did ... unfortunately some of our own were sucked in trying to assist in what we thought was the nobler cause. Had you heard what I had heard I think you might have reconsidered your role and maybe even considered that Kental Sin and company brought the wrath to their own door by making threats and insults. As I have said many times there are members of the Roses who are noble and honorable ... but there are many others who are little more than bullying thugs.

We of the OSB are negotiators and advocates, not so much an offensive force unless we absolutely must be. Often times you will find that our best course of action in dealing with the squabbles between some of these warlike groups is simply offering to negotiate some end to it ... and if that fails, let them cleave themselves into pieces if that is what they so desperately want to do. Our group is more dedicated to the security of the Realms as a whole, and the control of Sylvandale is a rather miniscule consideration in the scope of things. Certainly the threats against Eleriina and/or Kravenwood need to be weighed heavily, but it is highly unlikely that Ogt and his mercenaries actually posed much of a threat in that case ... more liklely it was brazen talk meant simply to draw the Roses out into open combat ... which they seem incapable of thinking their way out of.
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( ooc -- you can't respawn so fast as their bunch of thieves was picking, usually there was at least one of them comlpetely dedicated on pping for every person on our side, even while still alive and fighting. and their disarm on dead was usually fast enough for 3-4 attempts before the respawn button appeared icon_evil.gif Not that I expected something different...))

To clarify my point, i didn't want to recommend that we take side with the roses in a war for Sylvendale. Maybe you're right, and if I'd heard what you did hear before the fight, I wouldn't have fought on their side to begin with.
But what had me truly worried was the size of Ogts and the mercenaries forces, the fact that Ogt could raise such a great force, and his and the mercs repeatedly stated announcement that they will claim reign over all lands.
While they may not be able to launch a full front assault on Eleriina, with a force as big as yesterday, they definately could pose a threat to the security of everyone in the realm, for example if they decide to block travels in and out Eleriina.
In the end, Ogt may be content with this victory, but I think we should be monitoring further developments closely...

Gwen Fleetfoot

Last edited by dreamin' on Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
PostSun 01/26/03 4:37pm
So noted, then, Gwen ... a situation to keep abreast of, at the very least.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: