DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Guild Information Request from the King

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Howling Wolf (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Guild Information Request from the King Reply with quote

Greetings to you, the Order of the Howling Wolf.

As you may or may not know, we are now officially supporting organized guilds and groups in Dysotopia. This means that I need your help in adding you into the beautiful world of Dysotopia.

What I need from your guild...

I need to know who your leader is...

I need to know where and what kind of guild hall you would like to have...

I need to know what item you would like to have to signify membership...

I need to know what special function you wish this item to perform when used. This special power can be used only once every 24 game hours and typically grants the member great power for a limited amount of time. Dream big and we'll trim it down.

Please use this forum thread to discucc final details with myself and Bri and feel free to create other threads to discuss these ideas amongst yourselves.

Thanks in advance...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thank you Geshtal, if you didn't already know I am the leader here, I currenlty would like the guild hall to be in Eleriina, but I will discuss all this in this thread and in the meeting next sunday. I will tell it either you or Bri as soon as we know what we want. Since I am currently a little dry on ideas for a guild item(should be a ring, i think), let's hear some ideas.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ecusidor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My toughts on this:

I believe a 'Castle interior' guild hall would be nice, with a big library. What say you, ShadowCore?

And a ring (Seal of the Wolf) for guild item, to cast invicibility (Or something like it) with.

Ogt wrote:
Master ecuisidor you are the one and ony bard in the whole island, as i have said before to you, you are the man!!!!!

ShadowCore wrote:
I'll vote Ecusidor. Go you!!!!!!!!!!! You're also one of the best bards on the isle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the only competitor for THAT title seems to be Kathryn icon_biggrin.gif)
View users profile Send private message Send email
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as guild hall it doesn't really matter to me what it looks like and if it's even half the size of OSB one i'll be more then satisfied.

now for the item ability as this was set up to be a non violence guild it would be fun to have temp imunity to all melee damage but that would make people who are both in this guild and part of the white guardians (like me) completely inmortal for a period of time so that would work. so i was thinking how about damage immunity to all special damage (acid,fire,sonic and such) and immune to critical hits?

and a ring to signify membership sounds fine to me. either that or a fish icon_wink.gif icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FISH!FISH!FISH!(anyone seen Red Dwarf, the cat-man wants six fish icon_biggrin.gif)

Alright, Castle interior would be fine, that's the only suitable one, a big library, some (sober) sleeping quarters, a study + room for me where i could do my work. About 4 other rooms + studies for the highest/best members(currently: Anuiron, Ecusidor, Hidra, and Elex, i think(discussable)). Ehhhmmm, a large bath area/room thing, so all can get clean and fresh. Hmmm, anything else, anyone?

Alright, let's see, Seal of the Wolf:
For the one time per day usage, polymorph into Wolf(no extra stats, just for fun icon_biggrin.gif)+ immunity to all special damage(acid, fire etc.), immunity to critical hits, and 50% concealment.

Well, that sounds nice.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I had another idea, to make sure that we are recognizable, how about a green light that comes from the Seal of the Wolf, but not once per day usage, permanently. Or maybe blue, so that green can be used by the Druids, hmm, feedback? Which color should we have?

Also, let's see, i needed to think real big for the item, right Gesh?
So let's add some more, hmmm, how about increasing the Wisdom of the carrier by 2 permanently, so that one could make wiser decisions about the morality that our guild is based upon(Am i wrong, or are we the only moral based guild?)

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ideas for the guildhouse so far, but do we really want this in Elriina proper? I mean, that's fine with me, but what about having it just outside the city, maybe in Jeshan somewhere? I think that would fit in with the solitary nature of the wolf, but where all of our 'pack' gathers. Well, if it has to be in Elriina, fine with me. Shouldn't we also have a large, outdoor training area?

I think the ring should allow us to polymorph into a Wolf, increase our speed to 150%-200%, give us protection from all magical damage, and protection from weapons of 20/+3, and maybe the ability to summon a wolf, too (*Howling* Wolf). Gesh wants us to dream big, right? I think that, whatever it does, the polymorphing into a Wolf or Dire Wolf is a MUST.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the polymorphing is a must, but the main reason why i want it to be in Eleriina is because it is central, and we won't have to walk all the way there when we are still low-level after the wipe. Anoher reason is my slow PC, in Jeshan or any other large area, i would have to wait at least five minutes for it to load, and I like to be able to get there before the server crashes icon_biggrin.gif

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, change of the Seal, we needed to make it as good as we wanted it, and we should, especially now that i have seen what the other ones do(huge attack and damage bonuses for the OSB, and spell immunity for White Guard)

Seal of the Wolf:
Immunity to all damage. Polymorph into wolf. Blue hue, or some recognisable thing, so we can be recognised, and 50% concealment(i just love that icon_biggrin.gif).
Also, if possible, maybe a permanent stat(probably wisdom) boost, but that may be asking for too much.

Any other suggestions are ofcourse welcome.

Guildhouse until now:
Sleeping quarters, approx. 20 or so, +1 for the Leader with study for work, +4 for significant members with studies, a big library, a bath area, to freshen up, and a training hall outside, for DEFENSIVE training, mainly. And maybe some construction rooms for when the training skills get implemented

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys, I think you missed the point of this thread...

This thread is to post your reply to my question...not to discuss it. Please get your ideas together in another thread and then post the final results here...

Thanks...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
ShadowCore
PostFri 01/17/03 10:37pm
Okay, sorry about that, we did miss the idea of the thread.  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, Geshtal, we discussed some stuff, and i want to know if you would be able to make a cloak visible for the eye to see, if not we would have to go with a uniform armor to make ourselves recognisable, but that would certainly give problems, because we all use different kinds of armor.

So, here are thethings we have until now, tell me what you think ofit:

Hide of the Wolf:
+5 AC Dodge
Haste
If possible: Grey/White, black borders, painted black wolf head on the back.

Seal of the Wolf:
Polymorph into Wolf with these attributes:
Immunity to all damage(magical, physical, special etc.)

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted in your private discussion, but I'll recap here.

The item cannot have any properties on it...it must be plain and simple. You will also be given the option to create a uniform that can be only clothing...for meetings and role playing purposes. Obviously no one wears a uniform out to battle, they don their heavy weapons and armors for that. But if you're walking around Eleriina you could look very impressive wearing the same thing...say if you were recruiting new members.

The special ability:
Polymorph into a wolf
+10 Dexterity
+10 Reflex Saves
Haste +100% additional movement speed
Maybe as you morph you will howl and strike fear into those near you...

Basically you'll become a wolf with incredible agility that's hard to hit and faster than most can keep up with. I'll have to look through the list of stats and see what bonuses I can give you. Bear in mind that this effect will only last a very short period of time...maybe 60-120 seconds and can only be used once per game day...that is why it can be so powerful.

The item can be anything...it can be a stone or perhaps a special fur? It's just for looks really and is used to administrate players in the guild.

Let me know what you think and I can get rolling on it's creation!
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least we have the guild uniform done: The middle one in this link:http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/album_view.php?id=182
And the color hue should be white.
I think it should be called Hide of the Wolf

Also, the guild house should be something like this:
Sleeping quarters, approx. 20 or so, +1 for the Leader with study for work, +4 for significant members with studies, a big library, a bath area, to freshen up, and a training hall outside, for DEFENSIVE training, mainly. And maybe some construction rooms for when the training skills get implemented

And the ring(Seal of the Wolf) should probably be:
Polymorph into wolf(+cool howl icon_biggrin.gif)
+20 dexterity
+10 AC(dodge)
+10 reflex saves
Haste(and even faster movement than haste(clarification(at the request of Elex): meaning haste, AND faster movement than just haste)
Freedom of movement

As you can see, and you suggested, every ability is focused around being a fast agile wolf icon_biggrin.gif

Ecusidor
PostWed 01/29/03 3:22pm
I agree on all of this.  Reply with quote

Filtered Chaos
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 7 / 41 EXP: 7 / 41 EXP: 7 / 41
 17%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most excellent, i know i just joined but i can tell this is going to be not only a great experiance, but a great way to broaden my role playing and interaction with other players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Howling Wolf (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: