DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

how do we worship a deity?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: how do we worship a deity? Reply with quote

I'm sorta new to this D&D universe, and i'm a bit confused with this Deity thing.. can anyone plz explain me what's their purpose and how can i pray for them? (please dont call me lamme! icon_smile.gif )
View users profile Send private message Send email
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sorta new to this D&D universe, and i'm a bit confused with this Deity thing.. can anyone plz explain me what's their purpose and how can i pray for them? (please dont call me lamme! )

u mean lame?
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecto - basically you have to set your deity's name (exactly) at character creation time; there is a Deity button which you click on the final Customize page during the creation process where you can key in a deity name.

As to the specific deity name to use -- see here:

/deities.html

Once in-game with your new character, you will find a special Deity Ring item in your inventory, which will give you the special powers associated with the deity. Use the ring's special power to pray and maybe get bonuses out of the deal.

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Ectovult
PostFri 09/20/02 9:48am
Thank you very much for your help...

I suppose there isn't any way to choose my deity AFTER I have created my character, correct?

Drudley
PostFri 09/20/02 9:01pm
Correct  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of questions myself:

1. Is there a timescale for the rest being put in, I look forward to using Akadia.
2. If I make a deity using char now, will it receive a ring when the deity is implemented?
3. If 2 is yes, how is it going to be spelled (I'm not clued up on this)? I've seen Akadia, Akadi and Akida so far.
4. Will Akadia be like Talos and Kossuth, Aura of Wind and sonic resistance, plus as I've never had a deity so far, what do the different Auras do?

Ummm thats it for now...
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Is there a timescale for the rest being put in, I look forward to using Akadia.
Not at this time...I'll see about adding her when I get a chance though... icon_wink.gif

2. If I make a deity using char now, will it receive a ring when the deity is implemented?
Yes, it looks at your deity on join and if you don't have the ring yet you get it and can use it right away. Self installing deities. icon_wink.gif

3. If 2 is yes, how is it going to be spelled (I'm not clued up on this)? I've seen Akadia, Akadi and Akida so far.
It'll be spelled exactally how it appears in my reference chart which is what is posted.

4. Will Akadia be like Talos and Kossuth, Aura of Wind and sonic resistance, plus as I've never had a deity so far, what do the different Auras do?
Not sure what I can do with her...but it'll be decent. Auras basically damage anything near you with a perticular damage type...and the aura of protection protects allies near that character. They grow more powerful with your level and faith. icon_wink.gif

Hope that helps!

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking instead of having another Aura of ???/??? Resistance deity, you could have Aura of Wind and some sort of Dodge Bonus, since Akadi is the deity of Wind and Movement. Would be kinda like a Talos(offensive)/Helm(defensive) cross and maybe give Tempus a run for his money, he's easily the best on offer.
Of course with Aura of Wind and Sonic Resistance it would round off the all the elemental damage types.
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see what happens and what I have available. icon_wink.gif I dn't even know if there is an aura of wind...

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: