DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

3rd era wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
GTang
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More lively NPCs. People that walk around the tavern, for example. Or walk around town or across the countryside. NPCs that could be saved from danger or attacked (to prove one's evilness?).
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snares wrote:
Back to the 3rd Era Wishlist discussion - will there be more deities made available besides the tradeskills?

If you read my posts you'd know that deities have been completely removed from 3rd era. They are coming back after tradeskills...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's gemcutting do?
I'm definatly going to make a craftsman character using my name. Thats how he started back on IRC, as an artificer icon_wink.gif

Oh, and to keep from going off topic more - I want to be able to build custom golems! Invicible to ice, weak against fire, something like that! More golems!
Malakalam
PostWed 02/12/03 12:32am
Oh! and the black jack dealer should do something other than take a couple steps away from me when I rob him after I lose. (and he sees me)  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geshtal wrote:

If you read my posts you'd know that deities have been completely removed from 3rd era. They are coming back after tradeskills...

Must've missed that one... Well then has anyone raised the suggestion of a bank yet? One where you may make item and gold transactions or simply have them there for safe-keeping? I'm not too familiar with scripting and all (if the data may be stored or not) - perhaps it may not be feasible with server crashes around the corner? *shrugs*
View users profile Send private message Send email
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add that I like that the Deity-powers are removed. Might get us more worshippers who roleplay their deity, instead of stupid powerlamers chosing Tempus onnly for the powers.

Heh, would lie if I said I wasn't extremely excited over the 3rd era thing. I can't wait! roll.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nei
PostWed 02/12/03 4:15pm
I am quite excited as well. Oh and by the way pumice floats. It's a volcanic rock that has many pockets of air trapped in it. : )  Reply with quote

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what's gemcutting do?

Uh...lets you cut gems? Gems are used for imbuning armors and weapons with magical properties...such as adding fire to a sword...or adding cold resistance to a shield. Gems in their uncut form can't have their magical properties harnessed unil they are cut a special way...takes lots of Dex and Int to cut gems efficiently.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Malakalam
PostWed 02/12/03 5:46pm
great! thats what I had hoped  Reply with quote

Darkshadow
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I noticed is that you can't buy any good monk items anymore, such as Robes as the Dark Moon, and Boots of the Sun Soul +5. I don't know if they were purposly taken out or not but I would really like to see some of them back.

View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo_Core wrote:
Quote:

All you fighting types out there choose uber immunities, resistances and saves over AC.

no.........
my saves (out of my head are)
fort 12
reflex 9
will 10(something like that)

i take offence to your generalysation icon_wink.gif (just teasing you griff but don't jump to cunclusions to soon emot-yum.gif )

Actually, Anuiron is one of the (if only) fighting types that do not use pink (hart) armor. Everytime I see him, it's the usual red dragon armor.... he's the only fighter i respect for not using that pink garbage... thumbs up for Anuiron! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif !!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Griff
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh! I want airships, that'd be awesome! We could have invasion forces arrive on airships and that'd explain thier wierd "suddenly appearing" tactics icon_wink.gif
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a fun idea, how about a badger sandwitch...you eat it and poof your a badger. Anyone who has had a nice item eaten, or a key to a chest eaten by a badger can now put the bite on those loveable but vorasios creatures. icon_mrgreen.gif

I would also like to see an ability to design clothing, like a taylor or seemstress skill. On diffrent mods I have seen some very nicely done normal clothing and non magical armor. None of them were using hack packs. I know that Tia's secret was a nice RP attempt to get folks to change out of armor in the city, and it was fun for the shopers as well.

I would also enjoy some churches/temples, even though the prayer will be removed it add alot to the RP value of Cleric's and Paladins. I might even be possible for worshipors to collect gold and have a temple built for their god to show respect and have a place to gather and speak on matters holy.

Something that would also be nice is townsfolk and citizens, nobles, heck even a dog or to, the citys seem so abandonded. Perhaps if possible going about the town in some kind of daily affers. If they even had simple scripts so you could speak with them, that could change as events happen.

Lastly I saw something intresting you might consider. The addition of some 'monster races' available as player char's (very limited and only earned by RP folks chosen by the DM) some examples Orc's, Goblins and Nymph's. They might even be limited use char's for special DM events. The one's I saw were a mixture of active players and DM special events, and it added a lot to the RP. Our party met a Lizardman player who took us to his village and told us lore about his people and the struggles they endured and how thay became respected and accepted in the comunity, took half a day and was quite an experience.

Grok
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last idea Grok, would involve creating subraces. And indeed, they would be very nice for both RP and diversity in character creation. That's what I hope will be implemented in 3rd era as well, most of all since 3rd era will require a char wipe anyways, and I can't see subraces being implemented without a new huge wipe.
Same goes for the reinstating of deities.
Adario
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 16 / 19 EXP: 16 / 19 EXP: 16 / 19
 84%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, something must be done to deities...Tempus is so owerpowered that...maybe all deity-bonuses shouldnt be removed, but they cant be like now +5 to attack +2d6 dmg...
Tempus should give rage or strenght bonus, not dmg and attack bonus...
Something little from deities, not much roll.gif
ShadowCore
PostThu 02/13/03 8:42am
Ehh, last i heard the deities were taken out, so there is no trouble there, i think.  Reply with quote

Ogt
PostMon 02/17/03 1:13pm
a still want a broken wine bottle of wrath that i can equip as a weapon and it cant get dissarmable  Reply with quote

Aling Karrde
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that originally, worshipping Tempus meant you got a ring that gave you those added abilities. I agree that the benefit of worshipping this god should be a little less overdone, such as a brief Str boost or Rage rather than a constant attack and damage bonus given by a ring that the person wears.

As an added idea though, I figure that the player should only get those benefits if he or she uses their Emote Wand and actually pray to their god first before receiving the brief benefit.

I'm also of the opinion that there should be more NPC townfolk aside to the merchants. And I was wondering if it was possible to have the occasional country-wide event that affects everyone, but starts out as small rumours being started BY these NPC villagers. I'm sorry if I'm not making much sense, but to clarify, I'm thinking something along the lines of the "latest rumors" dialogue option used in Morrowind. The NPC the player talks to makes reference to the goings-on in the area about a particular person in power looking for said player or perhaps another player that you might be acquainted with.

Finally, I've noticed that in the current version of Dyso, the only quests taht I've come across that my character can actually DO are in Eleriina. and I'm a Level 10 character to boot. now it could be that I just haven't explored enough, but I was able to do the Eleriina quests at levels 5-6 (with the exception of the ogre eater, for which I had to join up with others) all by myself, and now there's nothign I find that I can do without having a Level 16 character with me (such as the emerald armour, given by a man in Butterfly Fields).

and just a side question, I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, but is there a particular reason why the Eleriina innkeeper doesn't actually pay up when you give him the payment notice for delivering his ale to the Pit Tavern in Butterfly Fields? I've tried twice and the SOB never gives me the money.
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you've already read the bit about Rebirth, so a lot of what you've just typed here has become obsolete (they will no longer be problems in the near future).
I just wanted to comment on your bit of the deity ring though. What the Tempus ring gives is a bonus discipline I think, and the bonus ability of cleave. After using the ring to pray (not the emote wand, but same effect), you get a temporary attack & damage bonus. Not as brief as you'd like it to be, but still temporary.
Aling Karrde
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my bad emot-yum.gif

do you have to use the ring to pray and get the benefits? or can it be done using the Emote wand? I'm just not entirely sure how to do it using the ring (I'm new and dum, sue me emot-yum.gif)
ShadowCore
PostThu 02/20/03 8:35am
If I'm correct, you need to use the ring to pray, the only thing the emote wand does, is show an animation.  Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aahh good old Aling Karrde, likes to steal a Rogues Ogre Eater rewards..

Almost slayed that bugger and levelled up until you turned up out the blue stealing what was mine! I SHALL HAVE REVENGE!

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what.. in the 3rd era? Cause I know you wouldn't be going off topic in my OOC thread. Twit icon_razz.gif

I want half dragon camels, or at the very least, penguins - http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2351
Selenia_Genoell
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33
 78%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the holes inthe current weapons types to be filled.

Ex: There are basicly no rapier's of comparable power to the more popular weapons.
Prisca
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 11 / 13 EXP: 11 / 13 EXP: 11 / 13
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Selenia on the lack of rapier issues.

Basically the way my character developed I wanted to train her in being a swashbuckler, and the most balanced weapon for such an idea (as I've done previously in PnP D&D) is the rapier - playing fencers and swashbuckling fighters. Unfortunately, because of the severe market shortage, it limits her effectiveness, because I would rather RP her with two +4 or +5 rapiers and the cap was around +3. Combine that with the fact the most powerful rapier isn't as powerful as the other stuff at Gloth, it means I tend to end up taking a shield into battle, instead of relying on stuff I've taken as feats (2 wpn fighting, ambidex, imp 2 wpn fighting, dodge, etc..)

My $2.99 on this issue
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: