DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Level-up announcements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Announcements Reply with quote

I read somewhere else in the forums that it was being considered to remove the leveling announcements. I really like the announcement for leveling. It is a celebration of a lot of hard work and hours spent on Dyso.

Our group makes it a point to congratulate each other at leveling time. We also use it as a time marker for roleplaying purposes. I usually always congratulate other players for level 20 (if I see the announcement).

Perhaps limit the announcement to 10th, 15th and 20th or something, but don't remove it. Especially 20th.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drudley
PostMon 03/03/03 9:59pm
If you read it, why dont you reply there?

Okidoki then

Last edited by Drudley on Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total

gaea106
PostMon 03/03/03 10:22pm
It was mentioned as a sidenote in someone's post, it wasn't the main topic of the thread.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, every 5 levels, or perhaps announce at 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20, as it will apparently be extremely hard to reach higher levels in rebirth.
Drudley
PostTue 03/04/03 12:43am
15 and up, 10 wont be too hard i think  Reply with quote

Uin
PostTue 03/04/03 8:44am
Or how about none at all.

And if you non-RPers really need some make it lvl 20 only.

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree wih Uin, nothing, or just lvl 20. Since you yourself notice it, perhaps you could say something like "I feel I have grown in power" or something.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Non RPers Reply with quote

I don't think this has anything to do with if you RP or not, which I do. I enjoy leveling my characters in the course of roleplay, and it takes me a lot longer to do so than the "power levelers". That is what makes it such an acheivement when my characters reach the higher levels.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but isn't it a bit ooc if people congratlate for leveling? It's tad bit weird, when everything is about roleplay, and not about leveling.
And, as I said if you want to be congratulated, you could always say something as in"My powers have grown", or something like that.

Uin
PostTue 03/04/03 8:00pm
But thenm you might as well say "I've just lvled". Same thing. Just don't bother mentioning it.  Reply with quote

Darkshadow
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see it taken out entirly, if you really want someone to know you made it to lvl 17 or whatever just tell them (NOT through shouting, I hate it when people congradullate people for lvling through shouts). Here is an example of where it just becomes annoying: I was helping out a freind hide from all these guys he ticked off(they also put a bounty on his head) and I was telling everyone interested in the bounty that he was a super powerful tank that could destroy everything that came across him which kept most off of his tail except for the most powerful Mages and Fighters. Then he lvled and everyone found out he was lvl 13 and within 5 minutes he was killed 3 times. Then all the people I lied to started chasing me around for awhile. My point in the end... Get rid of it, it is annoying.
gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Good points Reply with quote

You all have some great points. I can see now why people wanted to get rid of it, I didn't realize how much trouble it caused for others.

By the way. Shouting congrats is bad icon_sad.gif

Pretending you are more powerful than you really are to avoid attack is great roleplay. However I have to say that that is bad roleplay for the people that killed the level 13 to kill him based on OOC knowledge. He was also probably lower level than the others too...
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, "my powers have grown" icon_biggrin.gif

It's not like the character *feels* he gained Lightning Reflexes, or +1 in str or +1 skillcheck to taunt.

Simply, remove it totally. And when you level, say OOC "Level!" and your buds can say "Yay, grats!" all OOC, no need to find an IC excuse to say it. God, this is so silly. icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a topic about it a long time ago and plenty of people wanted it gone, I think the vote was at 25/7 something, yes favored more to loose it....i am constantly tired of getting tells and/or seeing people say on SHOUT: "w00t, w2g d00d, ur rockin now so and so!" it pisses me off royally and I even killed someone for doing that when standing right next to me then they went and shouted "OMG some lame ass just killed me for shouting! oMG BAN THIS PERSON!!! DM!!!!!" i got a good kick out of it and ignored them, as i dont care to waste my time on those kinds of people (that happend a long time ago btw) but anyways remove the retarded leveling annoucements, no reason at all for them, not even on action servers that i have played on, so why is it on an RP server? who knows, but my vote is to remove it, even if it means nothing to the creators

since of course they are in charge and do what they want, its their mod they do as they please, and of course they can icon_twisted.gif ...

but thats why we have a suggestions forum isnt it? to make the mod a better place for us, the players to play, and for better RP (which is what they want) it would do good to remove level annoucements would it not?

*cough*

peace
Z
Hero

XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this topic was made eons ago and I believe a unanimous agreement was to take away all the lvl 1-19 announcements and have one at lvl 20 saying something like "peak of their skills".

....But nothing happened, it was then brought up again in a different topic

....But again nothing happened, and now its brought up again....

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I hope that something will happen this time, I really do.
If you REALLY want to be congratulated by your buddies, say "I think I've become a bit better" or something, anything.. just remove the level announcements, it'd make stuff a lot better.

Oh, and Z, nice link in your sig icon_wink.gif

Z
Hero

XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAhahaa, sorry to diverge, but that banner is one BIG B***H, itll attract a bit more attention than my pansy link...

But maybe the lvl announcements were scrapped in the 3rd Era...... which is going to come out when? (and dont answer that...)

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not sure yet, but I'm guessing it'll take a few weeks. Bri is trying to get the tradeskills done, and I think that it'll go live when he either has them, or gives up on them.

ANd yeah, I thought the bigger the better.

Glorin
PostWed 03/05/03 10:08pm
thats TCA or whatever  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: