DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Subdual Damage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Alisttair
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 3 / 20 EXP: 3 / 20 EXP: 3 / 20
 15%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Subdual Damage Reply with quote

I think subdual damage ought to be implemented in this mod (switch it on and off with the emote wand or just a command or whatever it is that can do it). This would be good if you just want to "beat someone up" or to take someone down to have them arrested. This can work good for good aligned characters who dont want to kill but dont want to be killed. Overall it would be very usefull. Just dont forget to change back to lethal damage when your ready to fight trolls emot-yum.gif

Caster McFear - professional wrestler
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Malakalam
PostTue 03/04/03 12:36am
er... how?

Maybe a version of damage that doesn't reduce the person below 0 health?

Alisttair
Master

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure. I just know that I've seen this implementation in another module before making my way into Dysotopia. I think it was available in your right-click commands, you could switch between subdual damage and regular damage. I remember putting it on and when I would beat someone down to 0hp, a message would appear saying he was knocked unconscious, and he would remain so for a short ammount of time.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
African Ape
PostTue 03/04/03 12:52am
Hey this is a great idea! It would make it possible to order a hit on someone without having the person actually die and lose gold/xp.  Reply with quote

Alisttair
Master

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's another thing. The xp/gp penalty should only be incured upon hitting the "respawn" button, not merely when reaching -10hp. This takes away part of the benefit of being resurrected. It makes it so that resurecting is only usefull in areas far from portals.

African Ape
PostTue 03/04/03 1:42am
It was like that until people logged off and back on to avoid the respawn penalty.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm not entirely sure. I just know that I've seen this implementation in another module before making my way into Dysotopia.

Awesome, I'm all for it.
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was done in urath, it's SImple

WHen some one's HP reaches O, they are knocked out (dont lose EXP or gold) and get a item called Death kiss)
upon LOGING in with Deaths kiss, you fully Die -11 HP. (solves relogs)

Now.. after your hit to 0 you cant be hurt at 10 secounds.

after 10 secounds....you start normal healing /bleeding, and the person can finish you off

thus, it allows you to be knocked out for a little while.

- thats how urath did it.
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent for jailing. I am so sick of mods going on power overdrive jailing people when its so not RP

you cant jail a person you cant subdue
psNN
PostTue 03/04/03 5:33pm
that would be cool! its just like they have at daggerford  Reply with quote

Darkshadow
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it sounds great now, but did you stop and think about how thieves would use this? I can tell you from a long experience of using theiving characters that this would definatly be useful.

But if you really want to implement this... Its alright with me icon_biggrin.gif
Alisttair
Master

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hey even as a possible victim of thieves this works even better FOR that as well. It's more realistic. Thieves will be more fun to play. Knock that guy out and loot him. I didn't think about it, and now that I do, it makes me want it even more EVEN if I will be one of the targets of a mugging emot-yum.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: