DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Powergameing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Glorin
PostSun 03/23/03 5:48pm
ogt for kung?  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostSun 03/23/03 6:01pm
ooooh lame  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c icon_cool.gif badger.gif badgeranim.gif icon_cool.gif badger.gif badgeranim.gif icon_cool.gif badger.gif badgeranim.gif icon_cool.gif badger.gif badgeranim.gif icon_cool.gif badger.gif badgeranim.gif icon_cool.gif badger.gif badgeranim.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostSun 03/23/03 6:37pm
So many badgers running around lately.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostSun 03/23/03 6:39pm
liying sonofa.....  Reply with quote

Jenus
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMAO Thanx Ogt.

Yes im not to unknown. I have been here a long time and im a "powergammer" and if you never heard of me then that just prove's my point.

If you don' remember some old character's name's
Jenus
Myth
Myst
David
Clandestine Greed
and a few others as well.
And as for killing dragon's yeah Iv'e killed a few including the Chaos Dragon with a lot of help from some friends.
View users profile Send private message
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get back on topic!! Maybe I shouldnt have made the name Powergameing, now everyones just argueing about known PGers.
The last post that i see on-topic was from me. I forgot fatigue, so instead of the 20 min thing, how about you only get maybe... Half of the HP needed to hit max. This way, it will be important to bring clerics around.

Oh, and how come the monsters cant fight back?! I am level 4 and can kill 3 Gnolls and a Gnoll Shawmen without geting hurt at all. They just stand there takeing dmg. Now perhaps this is why people can get to high levels in such a short time.

Hello ogre eater, you just stand there now why I kill you. Thanks. ((I dont think the ogres and ogre eaters really stand there, its a exsample))
PaulJonas
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11
 81%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to get the reason behind all of this complaining about powergaming. There are people who spend vast amounts of time online, either because they have nothing better to do or because they have no job, no girlfriend, no kids, no life, poor health, whatever. In any case a lot of the other ppl out there who don't log nearly as much time are ticked off because the powergamers are making a name for themselves and aren't forced to haul an army of low lvl characters around with them for support. Get over it already. I can't remember where I heard it but someone said why not just start version 8.x and everyone can just drop dead as soon as they log on. Sooner or later people are just going to have to accept the fact that there will always be players with significantly more powerful characters and not all of those players are going to be receptive to doing you favors. I know that my character is lawful evil and I am not about to haul a lower lvl player around with me out of charity, not now or ever.

Sure I would love to RP with anyone, but so far I have yet to see any RP other than trade. What are you going to RP about? Sit around and make up a bunch of garbage about from whence you hail? Practically everyone I have had a RP convo with (a few exceptions) has been boring, dry, and pointless. Maybe, instead of trying to change the system so ppl are forced to interract with you, you ought to change your style fo gameplay so they will want to.
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAH! Rping will always be more fun than Pging!
Im not saying anything about Pgers whcih is not what this topic is about. cussing.gif
Ogt
PostMon 03/24/03 2:53pm
i dont know why i havent died , it must be my high tolerance to addicting substances

gilrs, alcohol, smokes, you name it

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulJonas, stop being so pessimistic. If you don't find RP, it's your own fault. Start it yourself, start by ASKING A NAME and then ASK IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN YOU and talk along the way about stuff.

ANd the reason why most people are pissed about powerLamers, is because it's stupid. They spend all of their time NOT rping and killing people who might be remotely going for the same treasure or beast they encounterd. And they hog any kind of quest, are just uber-lamers who don't care about roleplay(did I say that already) and generally ruin it for others. Can you imagine how irritating it is to be roleplaying to see some guy come along and just KILL your party because HE wants the XP? Or to see someone come along who starts to blabber about "XP, gold, I own you, go away, or even a polite...can I kill those beasts, I need the XP and gold?

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt wrote:
i dont know why i havent died , it must be my high tolerance to addicting substances

gilrs, alcohol, smokes, you name it

Definitely gotta be tolerant to girls. But see, that's just it - as long as you let the fine ladies of the world work their magick on your mind, body and soul, you can do anything and live nigh forever.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ogt the good cleric agrees 100% with mr maelstrom"

"ogt recommends it" cool.gif
Maelstrom696969
PostMon 03/24/03 6:29pm
*raises his cup to Ogt*

*raises his cup to all the fine ladies*

"Juuubil-ATION!"

*drains his cup*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: