DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Sir Lyons has been presented with a request for trial here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Sir Lyons has been presented with a request for trial here Reply with quote

*Grok reposts on the meeting with Sir Lyons*

Tae was the first to meet with the party that arived on the coast of southern Jeshan. She sent me a Pixie requeting I come immediatly.
A small force from Neverwinter was there, including a kind gentlemen who's name was not mensioned, at first they wanted to speak with the accused, and perhaps ask some questions. A brash man began to insinuate we were incapable of the intelegence required to even answer such questions. I first offered to accompany them to offer protection and to help make sure more misunderstandings would not occur. It was then that his name was first mensioned, and I welcomed him to our shores. He seemed relucent to speak with me considering me a half-breed and a savage, and made the comment that I could most likely not even read. To counter this I read aloud from a complicated forien text I had been studying earlier.

After more disscusion, I presented our Idea of a trial to be held here, for their law would most likely require the hanging of the accused if found guilty, and that since the alleged crime was commited on our soil that the accused should stand trial here. I also invited them to attend, and present their evidence. He seemed that this might make matters easier, and that he would consider it, though he stated that he made no promices.
I then introduced myself and my title, which suprised him that we had a knightly order. Though his manner was brash, I can understand why he would feel weary, considering the loss of life of his countrymen.

Tae spoke some of trying to visit their ship, and possibly trading resipies with Sir Lyons wife. This pleased the kind man, who seemed more disposed to frendily conversation. They then left. All considered the meeting went quite well, and without conflict.

With in moments of their having left a small group of greataxe weilding half-orcs attacked, and someone who may have been their leader carying a double bladed sword. They attacked so swifty there was no chance to talk, Phazer who was with us, fell before we were able to rally and defeate them. No information on where thay came from was found on their remains. It was a strange occurence, and I am glad that they had not attacked while Sir Lyons was there, as this could have ruined our chances to offer our request.
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It saddens me at the death of such fine men, and as well at the stubbornness of these Axe wielding evil men. I am also ashamed i was not present at that time, i am sure i would have helped a great deal in the defense. However, I am very proud of you, my brother, you sound like you impressed the Neverwintan Forces with your fine etiquitte and may have possibility reduced such a bad event to a simple trial with consequences. You have done very well indeed, however i sense these people who failed their murder attempts have realized by now their assassins have failed, and will send larger numbers. I must be there next time to defend them with my lives. I am proud to serve with you, my brother, you make me proud.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14
 92%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think now there is another pressing problem. It is probably nescessary that after the dead are buried, given funerals and the such, as well as the diplomacy we must find out who it is that seeks to plague us so.

This is crucial because if we do not several regrettable situations could occur. Firstly, the next time it may happen that this group will appear when the Neverwinter emmisaries appear. This, in addition to the deaths of several Neverwinten citizens, a tragedy on its own could spell dire diplomatic problems for Dysotopia. Furthermore, if we allow these murderous, fool-born miscreants to continue in their taking of life, it cannot be fathomed hom many might perish on the steel of their tainted blades.

For these reasons, I suggest that a few Knights who are not widely known by the public to be of the Order attempt to find out more about the group, ideally by Infiltration. With more knowledge of what the group we face is capable of, and more about its aim in general, we can then better decide how to deal with this problem, and allow for greater diplomatic steps to be taken with the City of Neverwinter regarding the sad event which befall this land of Dysotopia.

(OOC: Sorry for the long-ish post, I have the habit of often talking In Character even when not forced to or such, and Stragen's meant to be somewhat eloquent and well-spoken, and as such much of what he says is often somewhat lenghty.)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends,

I believe I would much fit the proper description to infiltrate the ranks of those so set on disturbing the peace in our fair land. I am recently knighted and therefore not widely known as a knight of the order. I have made many friends over my years in the land, and have many who trust me, as I have been a man of honor and justice my whole life. To this end I think I may be an effective gatherer of the information we seek.

Where I may fall short is in the ability to defend myself. Although I have been training for quite a while, and am able to defeat many of the evils of Dysotopia I fear I may not be outfitted to defend against this force, if indeed they do discover my membership in the order. I know I can trust you, my brothers and sisters, to help me out if it were to come to that, but I would like to have some very near by in case the situation becomes a reality.

Well, I leave it to you all to decide if I am fit, and worthy enough for this very important assignment. As alway, may you be guided by the justice and honor of the order *bows*

Sir Izboliek Vulame
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Grok speaks*
Please remember that I ama walking store house, if we had an armery at HQ, it would be stocked with enuff items to equip a large number of people, I ofter seek out others, just to see if they need equipment. If you need anything, just let me know. Be it a +5 cloak of protection, a neckalss of natural armor class +5, or A +3 weapon..if you have a special need I will do my best to aquire it. My only desire is to serve, and I consider all I have to be owned by the people of Dyso, it's just that few can hold so much.

As to the idea of infltration, I have many friends and perhaps can arrange a secret meeting to set them in motion to exploring the unknown. I have not done so as yet, except to speak with Omen who seems to have some information on a group looking to do bad things in the world, and they approached him as a good canadate as hired mussle.
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am deeply concerned that Dysotopia is being attacked on more fronts than we can handle. First it was the Drow, then the Neverwintians (although they did not directly attack), now the half-orcs, vampires, and some sort of half-dragon species. Yes...vampires attacked and killed a man last night in Eleriina. A friend of his found him dead in an upstairs bedroom. Then half-dragons appeared and seemed upset by another person that had been nearby.

*sighs and shakes her head* I do not want to see us stretched thin against so many foes. We can handle one situation at a time, but as Sir Stragen pointed out, too many at one time could spell disaster. I do not have a solution for any of this, but merely wanted to voice my concern.

Nicha
View users profile Send private message
guitarrML
Master

XP
 54%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha...*tilts head back and belts out a HUGE laugh*....I am the PERFECT spy....nobody even noticed that I spoke here *chuckles to self again*. Pick me, pick me *jumping up and down, waving arms*. icon_razz.gif
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

XP
 92%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir...Izboliek, is it? I must say this to you. From what I have heard of you from others, not actually having had the chance to make your aquaintance, you would indeed do very well as a spy. But please remember this. Putting yourself forward is a huge risk. Consider that being discovered could have dire consequences, and as much as I hate to say it, ones that perhaps we could not stop. I ask you, please consider this carefully, and well, if you decide you still wish to be the one who attempts this, if it is attempted at all, then remember that first the whole idea needs the approval of his Lordship theCommander Hollows.
guitarrML
Master

XP
 54%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*kind of chuckling*

Stragen (ooc, I'm going to assume this is your player name since it says that in your sig), I new you would be able to shed some light to this conversation, and I much appreciate it. I thank you for your concern, and I have very much weighed what this all could mean to me personally and my existence, but I have decided that as a knight it is not me that I must be concerned about, but the Order, and the land we so lovingly defend. Each of the Knights, High Knights, and of course Lord Hollows has shown on more than one occasion that we put the the Order and the wellness of the land above all.....I see it as my duty to do the same.

To that means, I continue to keep my name out there for consideration for this most important task, if deemed worthy and the correct knight for the job.

*bows* and thank you again for you most wise guidance Stragen.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((as Conrad))

The Order of the Shining Blade does not resort to espionage as a matter of official policy. If members of the Order happen to find various useful tidbits of information in their travels or via their contacts ... that is one thing ... but the Order itself does not authorize or condone the use of spies and deception.
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

XP
 92%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Lord, I'd suspected as much. In fact, I tend to agree in general. Though, I thought I'd suggest it to you all regardless, because sadly I saw and still do not see any other method, rather than luck. Though, it is perhaps not luck required but faith in the gods. Truly My Lord, I apoligise for suggesting such an idea, I should undoubtedely have known better, having been around for a fair amount of time...In any case, I hope that, lost in my thoughts, I have not suggested something that would be seen to thou as unforgivable, for truly I realise that such a suggestion is not something that I should have spoken of.

In any case, we must find a solution to this problem, and though Espionage is not the answer...something must be. I hope my advice and explanation on the matter up until and to this point has been satisfactory...
*Stragen sits down on the ground slowly, seemingly lost in thought, not noticing that the chair he intended to sit upon was roughly 2 feet to his left*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: