DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Anti skill stack script

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Anti skill stack script Reply with quote

For anyone who wants to take a crack at it:

OnLevelup: unless all skill points available on leveling are spend you dont get to level up. Should be fairly simple to script, right? Hope so anyway. Should help a lot of players get some perspective on multiclassing...
View users profile Send private message
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, too bad it might screw stuff up, say you use all your class based skills thingies and max them all out, and have 1 skill point left... then htat guy cant but points in the skills he wants to, cause non class skills take 2 points.

For it to work you have to make so that you are forced to spend all points except 1
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have to be more too...I noticed that yesterday. I have two cross-class skills, so I am stuck with two leftover skillpoints every two levels. means it would be three skillpoints if I had three cross-class skills...damn, might be tricky.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is to code it this way:
after level up, instead of checking wether all skillpoints are spent, check wether the PC has a skill where his legal maximum skill ranks are exceeded. If they are exceeded, drop the PC one level, send him a message why that happened, and give him back his XP so he can level up again. If I ever finish my persistent (Web)shop system for NWN, I'll start with the level up script, but at the moment university keeps me busy icon_neutral.gif
View users profile Send private message
Marquis Drayfox
PostTue 05/13/03 10:10am
O_o Dreamin... that is an EXCELLENT idea!!! *applauds*  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostTue 05/13/03 3:45pm
good one, dreamin, wish my scripting skills has matured a little, but slowly getting a handle on some of the basics now  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better yet, make a script that places a magical permanent effect, that makes the skills always stay at 3+class level which is the same as the scripts that drop the PP skill from a character that enters a pvp action arena, that would work too, wouldnt be difficult to script either, if i played around with it i -might- be able to do it, would be another form of doing it... that way if you attempt to cheat by taking skills, the script auto drops the skill to what it should be and you just wasted your chance, no way to get them back with re leveling icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Worldbuilders All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: