DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DM TERRORIST ATTACK
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It's not like you are being charged to play here. AND the administration team is not being paid either. So take a little consideration in your griping and hollering about "I don't like this...and I don't like that" You people act like the administration team is the enemy...and their world should revolve around each and every one of you.

I like you and get along with you but this just isn't true. "Each and every one of us"acts like they're our enemy? Does that include you? I think the world revolves around me? What leads you to believe that?

This is the kind of generalization that is hurting people here. Who are "us people" anyway? Do you seriously think all the people he killed are whiners who think the world should revolve around them?

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wehnoka
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clarify a little better, MerchanT.....I was not aiming my comment at everyone....especially you. It's the ones that insult the mod, insult the administrators and more or less insult the people that choose to support Dysotopia. Those that are trying to provide constructive criticism without throwing insults are more apt to being listened to.

I can't really understand what point was being made by DM slaying the players either. I wasn't there. And I am not supporting the fact that he did it. That was wrong to do that and proved nothing IMO. It's the entire section of the forums that gets to me....the ones that think saying Dyso sux, and F*** this, and things like that which make me cringe. There is a way to relate your opinions...such as you did, MerchanT and then there is the other way....as mentioned.

Sorry if you and others thought I was ranting you, it wasn't meant that way. I would just like to see Dysotopia prosper again too.
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured you weren't talking about me but that was part of my point. Nobody else distinguishes either. The other day in the forums a DM told us that Gorb hated all of us and he didn't blame him. And then we all get killed like I mentioned. And the little "server wipe" the other night cost one of my friends a L20 character of his... punishment for the actions of people who don't even play anymore. These are just a few examples too. I could find you many other comments made in these forums by mods/admins/whatever that are similar and are way too general. When someone says "you all suck" and "all you ever do is whine" I just don't think that's conducive to a healthy relationship between us all.

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wehnoka
PostTue 07/08/03 1:15am
I couldn't have said it better. You are right.

(now you all know why I never post...what I try to say never comes out right)

Ng'ree
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14
 85%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are right but here is the point, if you don't like the mod go somewhere you like, ther's plenty of choice.
For those who want to criticize the devellopers (the following are strictly speculation enligthened by a few hours of internet research while dyso was down a while ago).

Dyso used to be faster a T1 is great as long as you don't have to pay for it (however servers don't move static IP's easily (that is until you get an ultimatum from let's say a boss)....Internet access (T1+) tend to get expensive. Currently Gorb PAYS $50/month so that the rest of us play for free (I ain't bunbleing electric/AC bills and usage of a server in that)!!!!!!!

The Mod is too static not enough devellopment.......These guys (gals) apparently work for a living and in today's economy ppl have to work harder cauz they are easily replacable, those of you who live off of mon and dad (and those who work) could start paying these guys (typical IT salary $40,000-85,000) I am sure you will get great new stuff for let's say $65,000/year each + benefits and vacation for 3 or 4 devellopers.

could go on and on

Summary: don't like Dyso 3 choices: 1- go to another NWN server (and deal with some of the same, 2- start your own mod and taste some of your own medicine from some of the A-holes out there, 3- go pay $20/month to Bill Gates to be allowed to play a game that you have already purchased Ultima On-line is Great Bill is not rich enough from milking the masses for Desktop OS, Server OS, and now game consoles (heard of a project called Palladium? sponsors are Intel and Microsoft do your own research and see your gaming future)

Personnaly I thank the people who DONATE their time and MONEY so that many people who they never have (or never will) meat can enjoy themselves for FREE.

Gnobi Chaos Moon Clan
Stupidest Gobo on Dyso
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could kiss you, Ng'ree. Seriously.

One thing always leads to another ... and over time, the collection of players here have become more and more combative when it came to the administration. That is a fact and nothing anyone says will change my mind about it. I am not saying ALL players, but the "tone" (if you will) steadily became more of an "it's an us vs. them" thing ... built up and steadily fanned by He Who Shall Be Banned Forever.

The administrative didn't suddenly start pushing players around ... certain players decided THEY were the law and THEY were gonna push some administrators around. What happened, for once in like forever, is that the administration pushed back ... and pushed back hard. The collection of players were shocked, amazed, that the admins actually showed some backbone ... but they would not be outdone ... so they continued to push, finding other ways to do it ... some of them are still doing it. It ranges from fanning flames on the forums to causing problems in game. The administration continued to push back, getting more and more ruthless in the process of so doing. It turned into a big pissing match, who could take it to the next level and of course the players behind it were not going to back off easily if at all. In the middle of it ... some of the individuals who the administration always thought were "solid supporters" of the module decided it would be more fun to join in the pushing against the establishment.

That's where we are now.
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor, I always beleived that superiors should set an example. You must gain respect, I understand what you're going through, I've had the similiar experience when I ran a Counter-Strike server. You want abuse against admins?! Go try CS.. You'll love it.

Anyway, everyone has a voice, no matter how stupid, arrogant, truthfull or full of shit they are, they should all be heard and treated with respect whether or not they show respect.

As a DM especially you should be setting an example like I said above, these kind of actions just dig the other DM's deeper into the grasp of the immature whiners. All they're going to do now is complain about DM's abusing power by slaying everyone and the merchants.

I always loved and still love Dyso, it has problems, bugs and morons that play it. But on a balance I'd have to say the mod is excellent. It's the most unique mod I have played. I'll continue coming back for as long as it remains on a dedicated server..

Yes, I've had my rants in the past about you Falkhor and the other DM, that's all in the past. I acted like some of these people now but I realize you were trying to do your job at the end of the day.

I think everyone needs to cool off, maybe take a week off the mod, not DM'ing/moderating or editing anything on it. See how a fresh start feels..

But Falkhor, you're just stooping to their level and you should just ignore or simply leave, there is no way around it I'm afraid.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont understand why everyone should have a voice I see no reason for that..We never had a voice in all the time of Dyso and it was great and still is if approached correctly.Everyone having voices the chaos the noise the i know better than you Sorry THAT is a recipe for disaster not success.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-hehm, don't remind people that they have no opinion here when they're starting to actually get one, M-K.

Nemor - Hmm .. yup. That's the most constructive thing I can think of.

Conrad - Yeah, so just keep pushing. Eh?

N'gree - See Conrad's Post

Wehnoka closed the little bit between her and Merchant, so I guess i'll stop there.

*Sigh* Such a feeble attempt to make the post mildly constructive. icon_rolleyes.gif
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-K the fact remains this is the internet, everyone chooses to voice their opinion whether people like it or not.

A complaint is a complaint, a suggestion a suggestion etc. etc. I agree with Falkhor though, that every suggestion and complaint should be constructive critiscism. Theres nothing worse than a pointless one.

There should always be reason, suggestion and their view on how to fix or better a problem.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-K wrote:
Dont understand why everyone should have a voice I see no reason for that..We never had a voice in all the time of Dyso and it was great and still is if approached correctly.Everyone having voices the chaos the noise the i know better than you Sorry THAT is a recipe for disaster not success.

If we didn't care about the mod, then we would truly stay silent.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... um... you know, I can *slightly* agree with Falkhor, but then again, I totally think what you did was wrong...

Ah well... not my job to say I guess icon_biggrinno.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it rather amusing. I was trying my luck at the trolls, when I suddenly dropped dead. Then my buddy dropped dead. And then the rest of the server dropped dead! Then I got to respawn and I ran to Eleriina only to find all the merchants petrified. Appearantly, their plot-status had been removed. So me and me party killed em all. Then we found an unlucky noob who had been petrified. We played around with him a bit, kept pushing him around town. Heh, it was fun. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, a little dm kill isn't as bad as some dm stuff can do...

you wanna know how to be a dm from hell on a going away spree?

I've seen too many of them do it...

Dm set someones stats off by one, stripe them to level 1, strip all items, boot, repeat to entire server to invalidate chars if enforce legal chars is on...

Very evil.

I had it done to me on a server once when I went on a Pk spree just for kicks, a very smart dm tried to boot me but I just kept coming back, so he set my strength to like 50 THEN booted me... and I had to remake a new character, very effective and I can't say I blamed him, he was just trying to do his job and I was pissed because everyone was killing me and when I try to fight back I get the boot, so screw em I just nuked his server and called it a day... some people can be real jerks, but a force kill isn't the worst thing that someone can do to someone else....

trust me, it's not, if you want evil.... check the server log for cd keys icon_twisted.gif

anyways, love you all, peace.

lighten up...
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Kindo, good to see you were RP'ing so well..... *evil laugh* icon_razz.gif icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Kindo
PostTue 07/08/03 4:05pm
löl icon_lol.gif

Yeah, I'm quite great.

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE GREATEST KINDO EXPERIENCE EVER:

Roido continuously Paralyzes some chick with the Mask of The Gods and Chain pps her, She runs to a no pvp area and he teleports her back and repeats...

i know i've told it a million time but that is just great
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostTue 07/08/03 4:36pm
She had it coming. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Jon316
PostWed 07/09/03 2:29am
almost as good as a strip all items command.... icon_neutral.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostWed 07/09/03 9:18am
Yeah, I didn't have that one. I did the next best thing, in my opinion.  Reply with quote

zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe, everyones so gay now
boy, im glad i havnt been a bad boy and flamed the DMs and mods icon_wink.gif

i miss dyso..i was easier for me to pk ppl..now..im like second best on the other servers.. icon_evil.gif
Falkhor
PostWed 07/09/03 4:05pm
Gay is so 80's. To be cool these days you have to be bisexual.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually plain ol' bisexual is pretty 90's. To be cool these days you have to be straight or gay, but just really dig the other sex that you're not usually attracted to, too.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Kindo
PostWed 07/09/03 4:39pm
I'd say I'm pretty hip, then.  Reply with quote

zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, just for the record.....................nevermind....... icon_rolleyes.gif

So falk went on a power trip and killed everyone and made a mess?!!?
hehehehehehehehe!!!!!

nice work! icon_twisted.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: