DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Memetic AI

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Memetic AI Reply with quote

Anyone played around with the Memetic AI toolkit?

http://memeticai.org/

I took a look at the demo module, and made some custom NPC in a test module with it, and I think it's the best AI system for nwn I have seen so far. It's flexible, once you've set it up easy to use, very powerful, and as far as I've seen it's well written (unlike much other stuff on the vault).
View users profile Send private message
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Dreamin' that's what we'll most likely use in the future for both tuskan and the new mod. It is an amazing AI system. Together with the CODI AI for combat should make npc's more intelligent than half our players icon_wink.gif
You can expect npc's to go to work get hungry, move to the inn, decide to for a drink instead, get into an argument with his wife, thrown in jail, for indecent exposure.
Well, theoretically, but we do want intelligent npc's and these kinds of things are possible with the memetic AI.
ShadowCore
PostMon 07/14/03 5:56pm
You know, it's starting to sound an awful lot like the sims icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you plan to start implementing it soon, or do you want to wait for the first user release? I spotted Memetic AI quite a while back, but never actually implemented because of the many changes it underwent from (developer) release to release.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here Dreamin, we had our eyes on memetics AI for months but waiting for the first actual release, in the meantime focussing on other AI issues like onperception data gathering and responses, and making some of those persistent so a guard can spot crime, and store this information. When caught redhanded too often a team of bountyhunters might start chasing you. Logging off won't clean your criminal record nor will server crashes. Just an example of stuff worked on.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm ... logging off not cleaning criminal record? Guess i'll have to kill everyone instead of a select few.

Oh well, no skin off my back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Worldbuilders All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: