DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Post all squires here
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Post all squires here Reply with quote

IF you add a squire to the Order or know of one who is not on this list, post their name, class, and level or whichever of those is known here so other knights can be looking out for them and observe them for knighthood.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to also offer an idea ... to limit rampant and unchecked growth (which was the lesson learned from the first go-round), I do believe we need to set a limit to the number of squires we have rostered at any given time. Only when one is promoted to knight should a new squire be considered. What that number should be ... I am open to suggestions, but I think it shouldn't be very big ... perhaps 5 or maybe even less than that.
Lazuil Oniryukain
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 5 might be kinda hard to keep an eye on even if you are a DM icon_smile.gif. 2 or 3 at most I think would be much easier to follow up on. But thats just my thought on it.
Conrad Hollows
PostTue 12/17/02 12:45am
Well, that's why I threw the idea out there ... 2 might be too small, but hey, I'm open to opinions on this.  Reply with quote

Arniz
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27
 22%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well let meet in the middle.
All good things are 3.

And i suppose 3 squires should be able to carry my whirlpool, my collection of shoes (only 20 pair till now but working on it), my cloaks, my dresses,.................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................and my beautyness items like combs, shampoo, lipglos,............................................................
...........................................................................................................................................................................................oh yes and my millions of goldpieces.

Greets
Llew
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh ... that Llew's got style. icon_smile.gif

OK, so three then? Is that agreeable with folks? Yes?
Doug the Average
PostTue 12/17/02 1:38pm
who is going to carry Llew?

3 is fine by me...whatever you guys want is ok, Im new so I will follow your lead.

Lazuil Oniryukain
PostTue 12/17/02 5:34pm
3 sounds quite fine. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

*dragonbane*
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe 2 would give us a better read on ppl, but 3 sounds fine. If we dont like them we can still give them the boot icon_biggrin.gif . Anyway what was the trial period for squires?
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok we'll go with three ... and a minimum of around a week to a max of around 2 weeks. The thing is ... if it's looking like they aren't gonna be around much, we may cut the rope sooner. Can't tie up all three squire slots with people who played a bit and then never came back. This Sincardious guy looked real good for the time I watched him over a couple days but I haven't seen him in 2 days. The server has been acting up, too, so that may have a lot to do with it.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the following PM today ... and replied back that our general M.O. was we observed and recruited possible members, they didn't come to us looking to join. Anyhow, sharing the mail here FYI ... and for any commentary on it. Along those lines, keep your eyes peeled for the worthy, I have not seen either of the two squires we currently have listed around for a bit so it's perhaps time to begin looking seriously for other possibilities. I would be suspicious about anyone who seems "too eager," however.

I also note this person used the same mispelling that a couple other ne'er-do-wells use with my name. Perhaps a coincidence, but perhaps not. icon_smile.gif
-=-=-=-
hello conard. i have a char named alinna taiger lvl 20 paladin(lawfull good)...i played with her a long time and helped lots of ppl when they asked me for help....i will be glad to be at your guild.
i wanted to join this guild long time ago but just never did anything about it....plz tell me if i can join the guild. if u want to talk to me in game, so my name is Alinna Taiger. cya in game i guess
Arniz
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27
 22%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well this person who wrote this post is

Red Wood- Red Wood

Throattripper-Alinna Taiger, Lucifer Dante

Not really sure if he is the right person for The OSB, but check it out

Llew
*dragonbane*
Adept

XP
 21%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Red Wood, also has a character named Satan. Alinna Taiger is nice, but Red Wood may be too young(15)/ immature for what we are looking for. He is one of those ppl that bomb you with tells when you first join for the day. ( I think he gets his feelings hurt easily) icon_redface.gif Dragonbane
Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Dante Reply with quote

That character dante she has was one of the powerlooters you jailed that nights I was in emerald and you and falk were DMing Todd. He helped his friend wall push then waited to run out and steal the key when my party had killed the lord. I really don't think thats a good idea to quire him because as much as we try to be fair IC about different chars being different people we do have to judge ooc to an extent as the LGoG and WRs do cross that line at times and we have to be on our gaurd. As High Knight I really have to say no to squiring this person.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it may restrict our growth and so on and so forth, I am of the belief that we need to get quality people who are going to be mature about things as well as RP fairly well and not be terribly brazen about exploits and such. I see us as trying to set an example by how we play inasmuch as what we do when we are playing.

I have nothing against teens in general, but the points provided about being a bit over-sensitive and immature, etc. are the sort of thing I want to know. I didn't accept them as a squire as it was and as I told them, we can be sorta on the look out for them to see how they may evolve in gameplay. If they demonstrate the ability to do things our way, then we can always review them later.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a few of our folks have made some new chars so if you're putting them into the Order, please be sure to post.

For me ... Argus Lorncrest makes his long awaited return to Dyso. He's our resident scout/rogue type ... ranger, fighter and rogue combination. We'll consider him a squire for the time being.
Doug the Average
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Wood told me today he wants to be a member of OSB. I didnt know he/she had already approached others about it. Just wanted to let you know. Some one may have to give him a definite no to bring closure.
Lazuil Oniryukain
PostMon 12/23/02 3:41am
Since Ganuzal has become NG, I would like to say he is a squire in the Order as well, if no one has anything against it.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone approaches you, the standard answer is basically "we don't take applications, we find you ... you don't find us." You can tell them you'll keep them under consideration and of course do what you can to tell the others here they were interested ... and thus we can all keep an eye out. I don't, however, want to get into an application process because I think our purpose and cause should only appeal to certain select players.
Lazuil Oniryukain
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I offered Merideth Jareth squirehood today with Ein, he accepted so please do watch out for him. He is a lvl 16 Human Wizard, his familiar is a pixie by the name of Sarah. Anyways, see you guys later in the game. icon_wink.gif
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got this in my mail the other day ... anyone have any details?

To: Conrad Hollows
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:14 pm
Subject: OSB ((OOC))
HI,
I am very new to Dyso (2 weeks) And am just learning the game(This is my first ever attempt at PRG's) My char is a lvl 17 Paladin (pure) And has advanced really fast. I was looking at the guilds and read about The OSB and am very interested in it. I feel that my character Nienna is in allignment with the belief's of the OSB. Hope you are still recruiting and I would like to be a part of the OSB.
Thanks for your time,
Nienna Rothich
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh her, yes, seen her a few times, cant really say I am familiar with her... maybe set up a meeting and see if she is (it doesent matter how i say this, i thought about it for 5 mins, its gonna sound arrogant anyway i say it so here goes) worthy of being in the OSB and is prime material..

i do recall one ocasion when she was asking to do the renders with me as Jonathan, she respectfully asked and i said i didnt care so she helped a little and i said she (she asked me for it) could keep the tome and she bowed and thanked me LOL.. odd but thats the only time i seen her...
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a side note I just remembered, she shouted to ask if she could join the OSB now that i remember, i told her to ask "Conrad Hollows" back in a tell and mentioned the account name "Sidd Neverr" to her and she was happy about it
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on that Jon ... if nothing else that sounds basically encouraging. We'll have to see if we can catch her in game at some point or other for some further talks.
Conrad Hollows
PostSat 01/18/03 1:15am
another update ... Terra Branford (KitsunaJin) has currently entered squiredom.  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A possible member I have seen some time ago wanting to join:

account: "Oryon007"
Char: "Xander Di'mana"
or close to it, was inquiring of how to join the OSB... told him to speak with Conrad Hollows when he meets him about possible employment...
Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I squired a fellow today after talking with him for a while, good attitude and roleplay. Seems like just the sort we're after. His account and char name are both Turalyon Northwind so chekc him out if you're on. He is fairly new so help him out if you see him and get back to me and Conrad what you think of him so if we can decide to fully membership him.

P.S. Todd I used the recruit power on him, dunno if its more then squires are supposed to get but beatrix had it so I figrued it was ok. I don't know what level of item they get or anything but we can always remove it right?

Ben
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: New Guy Reply with quote

Yeah I was partying with that Tury guy for a good couple of hours. Heh, he doesn't seem too bad. Doesn't talk much and is always eager to help... (although sometimes I find him lying dead next to the troll I'm trying to fight because he wants to jump in a little TOO eagerly ^_^ ) but from what I saw, so far, so good!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you used the item ability on him, you have effectively knighted him ... as now he can get into the hall and so forth.

I guess I should make that clear, so I will ... if you've got the ceremonial OSB sword, then you are a Knight of the Order. Squires are not yet Knights and thus do not have the item.

I'll leave it to you to see about if he has a forums account and you can add him to the roster for this area.
*dragonbane*
Adept

XP
 21%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted it to be known that i have squired someone today. Her name is Anna DuBois ( account: Tantara) she is a priestess of helm. Keep an eye out for her. She also has a wizard that fits the bill.Dont know the name though, something like miarry?
icon_biggrin.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: