DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Post all squires here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Conrad Hollows
PostMon 05/26/03 2:52am
I am agreeable to that so long as Brant, Elsa, Muric or Grok (or me for that matter) can RP out the squiring process...  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
PostWed 05/28/03 1:27pm
Another one I wanted to ask about ... what about Tae? Anyone have any particular views on that character?  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shopping freak, or should I say SHOPPING (theres a big difference between shopping and SHOPPING, as tae will no doubt advise you).

Perfectly cheerful, and definitely good.

OSB material however, questionable.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Muric
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tae is a really nice, likable person, and is friends with many of us. When I first met her over a month ago, I asked her about her group affiliations, and she was involved with some merchant guild run by Redstorm / Cain. More recently, she has been involved in a PC run clothes store with Selene Wolf, with custom clothing for sale sponsored by one of the DMs. Whether her character is a good fit for OSB or not, I am not sure. She certainly has the friendly, helpful to others part down.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am not saying she's a great fit, or necessarily a bad one either ... just threw the name out there as someone who generally seems to be helpful and affable and is also generally a decent RPer, albeit playing the "girl wild about shopping" bit perhaps a bit too well. icon_smile.gif
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Tae and think of her as a friend (ic) she had been helpfull and fun in an RP sence. I have often thought of her as a possible choice for squire.

I would recomend her. And think she would add a bit more fun to the OSB.
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd- isn't she part of the White Guard? I've seen her wear that little costume of theirs- I might be mistaken with somebody else though icon_eek.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if she is part of the WG then forget about it, I don't want to be stealing away their members ... Berto has enough stuff to worry about than that.
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall speak with Tae, and return with the information. I agree, we are not to steal other guild members. Nor encourage them to quit, so we can have them join us.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Grok, speak with Tae ... and can I assume someone has officially spoken to Da' about her being a squire?

Also ... any other possibilities?
Spears
Grandmaster

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well from what I've heard, the WG is having several problems with their members- they seem to be diminishing at an alarming rate if you know what I mean.

Also, it seems as if Caranthir is stealing them away too, trying to get Doc to join his exploits and such icon_smile.gif
Conrad Hollows
PostWed 06/04/03 3:33am
I can't say I am amazed about Doc ... I was surprised they asked him in the first place to be honest.  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember- Doc asked me if he could join the OSB; so I said I'd think about it, when I really wasn't so keen on squiring him in the first place.

I logged on as Spears (my first day of evil), and with my own eyes, I saw him lie about the whole thing. He said that "West and Draku" invited him into the OSB, and he declined our invitation to join the WG- he said this in front of a whole crowd too, which he probably thought would make him look more noble or something. icon_cool.gif Whatever.

He also seems to take everything OOC if things don't go as planned- with Ogt and his cronies and now with me- he refuses to RP with Spears, only West (he told me this ooc) because of our verbal confrontation... which he claims 'he won'- not to mention during that confrontation he spat on me and kicked me in the nuts.

I really don't get people nowadays, which is why we really have to hand pick who we want to squire- Doc is a nice guy at first glance, but his antics do get tiresome. This could be true with many others- so being evil really has its perks- you get to see the worst in everyone.
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Kalor::
Friends I have been away for some time now attending to my estate in Kali, but I wanted to send word of 2 citizens that I met up with in my patrols, Rayden Joxil and Guioco Krag. Rayden expressed interest in joining the OSB after observing the events that were happening in our lands. In his words "I have spent some time my friend watching and observing the conduct of events..trying to stay low key to get a true eye on things, and I feel that my services and skills can be put to good use with your guild ..if you know what I mean. While observing both sides of the fence my friend and getting to know who's who... let me tell ya I'll take sleeping in that pretty castle anyday in place of them damn crypts ". Rayden tends to have a humorous attitude, but when it come time to get serious you can count on him.

Guioco if you have not met him makes up for his ugh how can I say this..." his intellect" with his kindness and good nature. He is a fine warrior, and is humble and a good friend to have at your side. I asked him what he stands for, and he said "Me no think be any gud wit youse...how meze help youse?" I told him that we stand for Justice, honor, loyalty, and protection of the lands, and then with a smile he says in Guioco fashion "Me can do tat too Kalor, me like bash the baddies".

I feel both would make good squires and I hope that some of you have met them already. I would ask one of our High Knights to consider them in the squiring process.

Travel safe and may Tyr's Justice let your blades strike true.
Muric
Grandmaster

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalor, it's good to hear from you. You have been sorely missed during your travels abroad. I look forward to meeting both of these men, as any friend of Kalor's is a friend of mine. I know your judgement to be exceptional, so I do not doubt that these men are of high quality. It is exciting news indeed to hear of these potential squires.
*dragonbane*
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of squiring Raina'Li Yama. She seems like a very nice and helpful person. Also it seems that she is always in an OSB party, so someone else must see something in her besides myself. Anyone familiar with Raina'Li, please give us your opinion so that we may make a decision.

thanks,
Elsa Dragonbane
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC wise ...

I thought Joxil was supposed to be part of Spear's fun bunch? icon_smile.gif If not, I don't have any particular objections to offering a squiredom ... have seen Joxil about some, seems like a stand up fellow.

Raina I don't know and havent seen a whole lot of ... but what I have seen seems decent.

Guioco I love his RP but there is a big problem ... he's CN. The only align that a barb can take and be official for OSB would be NG. That may be more of a change than he is willing to make ... tho I must say his play is more N to NG than it is CN.

Bottom line here folks, we have 5-6 possibles listed in the last few posts ... Da was added as a squire, but have not seen Da in ages ... so I suppose she could be dropped. Even with that, we have three slots ... sooo ... well ... decide. Remember it takes a HK to actually annoint a squire (which does not involve the ceremonial sword, however ... the sword is for knighting). And if someone is squired please remember to post it so we know.
Muric
Grandmaster

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added Rayden Joxil as a squire. He seems to be a good man. He respects the law above all else (LN) and he is a follower of Helm. Everyone please get to know him and observe him in the coming weeks to determine his suitability for Knighthood.
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have talked to Tae and she isn't in any guild. She is neutral good, and meets our requirements. I shall take her as my Squire.

Grok
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record Guicco asked for an alignment adjustment to NG and then spent the next 15 min asking be about what the OSB does ... and I gave him a general run down. He seemed agreeable to that but I told him being squired I would leave to the other High Knights. With Rayden and Tae added with Da already there, that's our running allotment of three ... unless the general view is that Da has run off (which I haven't seen the character in ages) in which case we would have 1 more slot.
*dragonbane*
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am correct, Da' is Iphoosti. It seems she has given up Dyso for another server called Arkania I believe.
Wconfused.gif
*dragonbane*
PostFri 06/06/03 11:45pm
I want feedback on Raina! log in Reebar....give me some opinions! icon_razz.gif  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then we can remove Da from the squire list, then ... which leaves us with Tae and Rayden as squires and one slot open.

DB ... on Raina, I can't give a whole lot of input on that one because I haven't seen a whole lot. Seems to be generally ok ... seems to RP fairly well ... but not one who does a whole lot out there so don't have a lot of mental notes on her.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see of Guioco playing, the more he makes me smile and laugh with his witty little comments and such. Sure he's not obsessed with becoming terribly effective power-wise with his character, but he's a damn good RPer and generally amusing to have around ... not to mention being someone who likes to help out where he can. I am inclined to see him Squired ... insofar as Raina goes ... well as I said before, I haven't seen a whole lot of commentary supporting that one yet.
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you have it now, Guioco, is a great guy...I say squire him, he will become a squire as soon as a knight will sponcer him, he has my vote.

Raina...well as much as I play...I don't know this person...let me get to know them, then I will let you know.

Also any objections to Knighting Tae. About time we have a few more Knights. (for the moment we hold on Tae...more will come to light on this...trust me)

Last edited by Grok on Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be pleased to see Giuoco as a squire, have been around him a quite a few times lately and think he would be a good addition.
I would gladly take him as my squire if a high knight does the required squiring icon_smile.gif
Grok
PostSat 06/14/03 2:43am
Then welcome Giuoco as a new Squire...he deserves it.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can safely table current reservations on Tae for the time being ... if more does come to light, it can be dealt with after the fact. It doesn't take too much effort on my part to go into the vault.
Grok
PostSun 06/15/03 8:16am
Then I would recomend we Knight Tae.....what say you my brothers and sisters ?  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((As Vurg))

My good friend Teric was interested in joining, and is willing to wait for a spot in the roster, if you would have it. I have spoken with Muric and he has agreed to take young Teric as a squire, mage to mage, if allowed.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: