DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The policy of the Howling Wolf(ie. what we should do)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Howling Wolf (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: The policy of the Howling Wolf(ie. what we should do) Reply with quote

As Maelstrom has suggested, I think that we should begin to be more active, by helping others.

With this by helping others, I mean helping others by distributing things like potions, books and scrolls. This will be a great way to show others that we actually do something.

Also, I would like you to start recruiting members, you may seem fit to let them join. Before they can officially join, you should talk to me about them, so I can let them join.

If you cannot find me, talk to either Anuiron, Raisthenal or Master Ecusidor.
They should then come and talk to me about them.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Order of the Howling Wolf stands for respect, freedom, and life. Where any of these three things are repressed, we bring counsel and aid. We care not for material things, except to strengthen us to help others who are deserving of it.

Some will say that we are just do-gooders.
Some will say that we lie about not wanting material things.
Some will say that we are only for true nature-lovers, as the Ranger or Druid.

When someone holds respect for another, indeed they are doing a good thing. However, we do not say that our members must only aid good folk. Any living thing may deserve our help.
When we say that we need monies or other material things, they are only to further our cause for fighting for freedom. As we evolve, we cannot expect to continue to be able to aid others and survive if we do not acquire things like a guild hall or other things "owned" by our Order.
If you have respect for life, and believe it should be free, then it is true that you have something in common with those who wholly follow nature, but you don't have to be a Druid. Just someone who respects and honors life.

This is the Order of the Howling Wolf.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Ecusidor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we help others, no matter if they are good or evil by nature. Only if someone truly acts "evil" towards you (By attacking you or stealing from you) should you refuse to aid them, and only defend yourself if you are attacked first, and take screenshots. I suggest that we show such screenshots to the CW so that they will be dealt with according to the law.

Please correct me if you disagree with one of my suggestions. Thank you.

Ogt wrote:
Master ecuisidor you are the one and ony bard in the whole island, as i have said before to you, you are the man!!!!!

ShadowCore wrote:
I'll vote Ecusidor. Go you!!!!!!!!!!! You're also one of the best bards on the isle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the only competitor for THAT title seems to be Kathryn icon_biggrin.gif)
View users profile Send private message Send email
Ecusidor
Hero

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we be allowed to take the donations that some people wish to offer our guild? I think we should, like we could get healing books from that money to increase the aid we can offer others.

Ogt wrote:
Master ecuisidor you are the one and ony bard in the whole island, as i have said before to you, you are the man!!!!!

ShadowCore wrote:
I'll vote Ecusidor. Go you!!!!!!!!!!! You're also one of the best bards on the isle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the only competitor for THAT title seems to be Kathryn icon_biggrin.gif)
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse we could accept donations to our guild, but nt for self gain, only to help others.

And we do help others, no matter their beliefs, unless they indeed try to steal from or kill you, or someone else in the vicinity.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, all living things should be aided. Someone or something evil may be able to be turned if they are shown mercy.

The details of any violent events that directly effect any members of our Guild should be shared within the Guild, along with any local authority, if it exists. This way, we can all be on the lookout for those who have harmed us, and be ready to take action against them if need be. THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE CONDONE VENGENCE. But if someone were to strike down or otherwise accost one of our members, we could challenge them with questions next time we find them, and be wary in their presence.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i think that, since evrything around items and houses has been sorted ou, we should now start to focus on recruiting members. Those of you that have the Protector status have the full power to recruit people into our order, but they will need to run it through me after accepting them(mainly so i can allow them access to these forums). Also, I hereby promote Raisthenal Maelensharon to Protector, I have heard many things of your actions, and they all seem good to me. You also have shown a great deal of devotion to our order.

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most gracious, my Lord. Thank you for this blessing. I hope to bring more of Dysotopia's peoples to our understanding of peace and freedom from material possessions.

/Raisthenal Maelenshareon
Elex
PostWed 01/29/03 8:22pm
i agree with you shadow. i havnt seen him alot ingame but i think that even in the forums he adds alot to our guild. well done Maelenshareon!  Reply with quote

Ecusidor
PostThu 01/30/03 12:57pm
Congratulations, Raisthenal!  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting tired of all of the fighting going around here, and i really think we should actually go and do something about it. If guild houses are all implemented, perhaps we could go and demonstrate in front of warring guild houses to stop the wars. If we see a fight or war, we could try to make them stop, and try to negotiate a peace. In that way, we would be peacekeepers of the lands of Dysotopia, without forcing the law upon anyone. The more i think about, the more i like. As a matter of fact, I'm going to put something about it in the IC forums now.

Ecusidor
PostWed 02/05/03 11:48am
A fine idea, especially the demonstrations! I have already been trying to stop and settle arguements and fights whenever I saw one.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, so have I. Which server do most of you play on? I'm actually usually on the Secondary one, and I admit I'm not always on a Raisthenal, I'm usually on these days as my Monk, Marek D'Shaun, since there didn't seem to be much going on with our Guild these days (and I really really like playing a Monk, I find). Maybe he'll join the guild, instead, since his views about war and money are similar to Raisthenal's, although Marek is Neutral, not Good, and is more concerned with attaining enlightenment himself than helping others. But is a strong Healer, because he does enjoy helping in this way.

Anyways, I'll go check out the IC forum. Again I ask, which server are the rest of you usually on? I do like this idea of demonstrating! Should cause quite a ruckuss, and maybe get people to think twice if we bug them enough.

I'll be on tonight from about midnight, GMT, to 5:00 GMT (that's 19:00 to midnight, here icon_smile.gif )
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, well, I usually check to see if i see anyone interesting on either one of the servers, and just to go to the server with the people i need or want to talk to. If I don't see anyone, though, i usually go to main.

Ecusidor
Hero

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always on the main server. I only go to the second when the main server is down.

Master Ecusidor is also neutral, chaotic neutral actually. He is pretty much a apathic pessimistic doom-thinker, but tries to hide it with his bardic ways. He joined the Order to do atleast a little good, and maybe make a little diffirence, generally aid as much ppl as he can. Other than that he thinks all things are useless and in vain.

Ogt wrote:

ShadowCore wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Howling Wolf (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: