DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Excessive PKing - Must be Stop!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Sensations
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 1 / 8 EXP: 1 / 8 EXP: 1 / 8
 12%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Excessive PKing - Must be Stop! Reply with quote

I speak for majority of the players on this server. I think we need to start doing something about the execess PKing. I have seen many people say they are leaving for other servers/MOds. It is distrupting a person fun because someone have no respect of other players.

Not only Players Leaving, it causing heated arguements/SPAM. Tempers are heating up. Sometimes all I see is arguements from various players telling the same few people who thinks PKing especially PK lower level players a humorous. Some PKers call it RolePlaying(Political Corectness???) but what the benefit of sitting there kiling people over, over and over especially lower level.

So you can feel good that you bully some person. I can see it done once but it the thrill goes away. All I can say, it is pathetic and sad that someone find jolly spending most of their time just PKing ppl. Nothing is gain from it other than making yourself look like a bully.

I can imagine a person who excess PKing bragging about it.
[In a Bar or School, beautiful girl/woman, trying to pick-up]
Hello
{girl} Hello
{girl} What do you do?
I play a game NWN, it a dungeon an Dragon computer game. I spend all my time PKing ppl who lower than me.
{girld} Geek, Loser. ...

View users profile Send private message
African Ape
PostThu 09/19/02 7:10pm
Why dont u lvl up faster? icon_lol.gif  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....the "I play dungeons and dragons" part. The girl would have left the moment you said that, as dungeons and dragons is stereotypically thought of as several ppl with glasses and acne sitting around a table rolling dice.

Er.... anyway that was waaaaaay off topic. PKing is a terrible thing when over-done, and especially when done to lower levels, and even worse when done for no reason whatsoever. BUT, evil people, especially chaotic evil, can kill others as part of them role-playing their alignment. That's the way it is I'm afraid. It's just the job of the good-aligned people out there to put a stop to them. Failing that, Griff Inn can always loot some valuable items from them, and give them to the newbies that were PKed. icon_lol.gif

Griff
Ugluk
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 25 / 25 EXP: 25 / 25 EXP: 25 / 25
 100%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true that some Pk do it with no reason, on the other hand victims are often partly responsible for their fate by meddling in fights that should not concern them or by uttering disparaging remarks that do not fall on deaf ears.
Another problem is retaliation from thieving, not all pickpockets are willing to be attacked by angry victims or willing to put up with " Give me that back you thief slut bitch " remarks.
In those cases there is a good chance of seeing some killing follow the theft.
I fear that as long that pickpocketing works the way it works characters will have to rely on their wits, friends and other vigilante groups to be safe from crime.
Ugluk.
Glorin
PostThu 09/19/02 9:42pm
dont have much time, so i just skipped all the Posts

but i agree that excessive pking needs to be cut down somehow

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
dont have much time, so i just skipped all the Posts

but i agree that excessive pking needs to be cut down somehow

glorin, ur such a hypocrite (remember spock, who set a new record for dead time? that was cool)
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The popularity of the mod and its loyal followers present a double-edged sword that the creators can either deal with or ignore, essentially. So long as the PKing is excessive then new folks will vote with their feet and walk away to other servers. Eventually there will only be those left who either don't get PKed or who manage to avoid it. That'll be far less than otherwise, however. What to do? There's probably a few different things that could be done ... but it's not my place to get into it.

All I can say is the word spreads around fast enough and nobody likes to try a new server and get Luci LaSombre'd (if the name is unfamiliar, I can explain if you like. Heh) inside of 10 minutes. They leave and then often don't come back. I rather LIKE seeing the new faces coming up and doing things ... but if its destiny is otherwise ... oh well, it'll all get old in a hurry.
Glorin
PostFri 09/20/02 10:48am
shuttup teapot.......  Reply with quote

Aspen
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:11 am    Post subject: PK'ing Reply with quote

I agree with the comment about too much PK'ing and people leaving the mod for somewhere else, Dysotopia is one of the most popular mods for NWN and I'd hate to see it go to the badgers because of the excessive PK'ing. I know it's role playing, but use some common sense at the same time.

PS. Love those furry little badgers
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
theXLTed
Mortal

XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roleplayin is just an excuse for those people who PK. There is no way to detect alignment. If its not alignment based then its racial...... and if that was the deal then all the drow should be KoS everywhere they go. However there is no way to detect that either. PKing for a "rollplaying" reason is pure BS and its just an excuse to be an ass to another person so the Pker can feel supirior in there own pathetic way.
Drudley
PostSat 09/21/02 1:20pm
Kill drows on sight, there is nothing wrong about that, drows are known evil and if they arent evil too bad for them, you just cant take that risk  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostSat 09/21/02 3:19pm
my moms evil  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: PK'ing Reply with quote

Aspen wrote:

PS. Love those furry little badgers

that's strangely... disturbing...
btw glorin.. that was in the pit.. so it was ok (wow that was funny though... good times, good times...)
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
XPhoenixX
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt is at his random killing crap again. I will offer a wopping 1GP!!!!! for each skull of Ogt. So kill him like 100,000 times for 100,000GP. In fact, you dont even have to bring me a skull if Im in the game. If i hear him yell something like "Stop killing me #$@!!" that will do nicely.
Falkhor
PostSun 09/22/02 1:12am
Luci LaSombra??? OMG OMG OMG!
Who is she in here?
I know her.
No wonder we can pk problems...

Atharva Veda
Master

XP
EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25
 72%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets THINK logically, . .

Since there IS a government in Dyso, said government needs to institute a judicial system wherein lawbreakers are tried and, if convicted sentanced.

I would imagine the punishment for MURDERING innocents would be DEATH(char deletion).
Falkhor
PostWed 10/02/02 1:01am
Get-a-grip-it's-a-game...  Reply with quote

Atharva Veda
Master

XP
 72%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor wrote:
Get-a-grip-it's-a-game...

Thats right and it's just your char that will get deleted.
I'm just taking RPing to it's fullest extent.

You're typical of the vast online multitude that thinks just because it's a "game" there's no reason for you to act decently or, within the set rules.

You can't have it both ways sonny.
METELHED
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the first comment about RP/PKing that has made any sense to me. It would be extremely hard to enforce, but most effective. PKing would not stop but would take planning, cajones, brains and be willing to pay the conseuences for your actions. Which would be the deletion of your beloved character!
Maybe an Elrina Judge with several jurors which would hear the case on the forum and proclaim justice.
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not equivalent. When you are PKed, you just resurrect. You don't lose your character.

Perhaps a better punishment might be an extremely heavy iron ball which you are forced to carry around until a justice sees it fit to have it taken from you. How long would be determined by the justices.

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Atharva Veda
Master

XP
 72%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about multi PK/resurect ?
A friend told me yesterday how someone pk/rez him so many times he lost nearly 3000 exp.

In this case, I believe a charactor deletion isn't enough punishment.
Isn't multi pk/rez in direct violation of the EULA and should this persons CD key not be banned ?
Multi PK/rez is MUCH worse of an offence, in my opinion, than a 2 hour TS spree.
Bloodjinn
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9
 88%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: pking Reply with quote

You know theres a good solution to stop getting someone from rezing you and pking you over and over. Its pretty easy if you think about it. DONT REZ, respawn. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out. I cant belive how much people whine about being pked and pped. Its part of fantasy and should make it more exciting, although ive been playing here for about 3 weeks and have a level 20 and 13 and neither character has been pked or pped once. I wish someone would mess with me, I get bored just killing monsters all the time. Thats an invitation to everyone, I dont give a damn about dieing and losing a whooping 200 exp or whatever compared to the server resets where i frequently lose up to 5000ex[ and 50000 gold. emot-yum.gif
Atharva Veda
PostWed 10/02/02 6:07pm
You should manually save.
It DOES work.
I know, I use it frequently.

Farstryder
Mortal

XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Sensations

What wit sensation ..truly your play on words is something to look forward to..(like the bar scene)

(trystan will reply for me about pking excessive)

P.s From Trysatn

Killing for no cause Paladins and warriors of good everywhere hear my call we can not let the weak be preyed upon. Evil must fall!..and sensless bloodshed must be from Talos himself, and his sick twisted mind of destruction!..Jump on our swords now evil for we will not be so gentle!

Trystan the true..warrior of Torm
Farstryder
Mortal

XP
 50%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last word on roleplaying correctly i beleive it is true if i was chaotic evil i would slay anyone that even looked at me wrong for example ( if you had a high lv character you would have a world crushing ego) walking in lower kraven wood someone passes you stop!..low weakling pledge yourself to me now and bow before your new master(of course the person is going to say no ..or less saintly words use) then of course the chaotic evil would slay him and laugh Infidel!.....and on the trial thing just how wpuld he come to trial by a shout(thats nnot very likely or realistic or fair for an evil person how would you catch him a shout is blatant disregard for any actions you would justify as roleplayin though a good idea..perhaps a man hunt...maybe more good people need to hunt the evil...?well its all just ideas and everyone has had good ones agreeing and to dis-agree

Farstryder
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read other threadS!!!!!!!! Evil people DO NOT pk because it draws too much attention. Evil people bend people to do what they want and go for self improvement NOT PKING. Chaotic Evil is blatant disregard for rules and restrictions, NOT pking.

read the Roleplaying Evil -101 thread
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Drudley
PostWed 10/02/02 8:02pm
so.. there were no murderers in these times? thats nice, then its all peaceful, we might as well make all areas no pvp  Reply with quote

Bloodjinn
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9
 88%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:35 pm    Post subject: pk Reply with quote

Your interpretation of chaotic evil is one way to look at it, but not the only. I consider that more neutral evil myself. Chaotic evil in my opinion is pretty much a pyschotic person with no regard to how, when and who he kills. My cleric follows talos, which is the god of destruction. The doctrine of talos requires his followers to live only to destroy. Now since he cant exactly tear down buildings or destroy forests etc. in this game..that only leaves people. Also as a cleric of this god i have no desire to manipulate people or improve myself through decieving them as you put it. I only wish for them to cease to exist. Theres more than one way to RP evil. The people that just pk newbies for no reason and talking in d3wd language are the people i have problems with.
asterith
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: pk Reply with quote

Bloodjinn wrote:
Your interpretation of chaotic evil is one way to look at it, but not the only. I consider that more neutral evil myself. Chaotic evil in my opinion is pretty much a pyschotic person with no regard to how, when and who he kills. My cleric follows talos, which is the god of destruction. The doctrine of talos requires his followers to live only to destroy. Now since he cant exactly tear down buildings or destroy forests etc. in this game..that only leaves people. Also as a cleric of this god i have no desire to manipulate people or improve myself through decieving them as you put it. I only wish for them to cease to exist. Theres more than one way to RP evil. The people that just pk newbies for no reason and talking in d3wd language are the people i have problems with.

icon_confused.gif Hmmm, your character sounds like he's lacking more than a few points in the Int area. "Live only to destroy", ok, well you can do that by killing one person at a time, which will inevitibly bring undo attention upon yourself. It's likely that you would then be hunted down and killed by a band of Palaldins or similar posse. OR What you could do is manipulate LOTS of people to do your will, and have them destroy as much as they can, while you reap the rewards from your deity. When they are done destroying those building, towns, etc., that you are unable to tackle by yourself, and if you have created a fanatical enough following, you can have them matyr themselves in a a sacrifice to your god. icon_biggrin.gif

Being Evil doesn't mean you're stupid...

Asterith
Farstryder
Mortal

XP
 50%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin I agree i was not contradicting you chaotic evil do kill for no reason i was just giving examples. And in the defense of Talos he is the god of destruction and his clergy or any who follow him do have intel, but they are still bent on destroying everything sort of..um..wel you know hard to play sometimes ..and easy at same time destroy all and everything.

(p.s Trystan had some things to say about talos....)

That Foul Evil needs to return back to the dephths that spawned him he is a blight upon the wo...blah blah blah blah blah ( I have edited out the rest of this to save everyone's time and just let you know he repeats the same thing over in many different ways with unpleasent words)hould be destroyed that said i ask Torm for strength

Trystan Farstryder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: