DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

3rd era wishlist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: 3rd era wishlist Reply with quote

Now that its probably too late to have anything new implemented into the 3rd era, I thought we should all whine and moan about what should be added

-- I want a nice set of black monk robes!
Cherrn
PostSun 02/09/03 4:57am
He dost speaketh the truth! Black monks robes!! YES!!  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a pony!!!
and...
cussing.gif FOOZ FOR MINOR DIETY cussing.gif
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
PostSun 02/09/03 6:50am
Lol... Demigod perhaps?  Reply with quote

Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would like to see implemented is a nice guild/war system.. But I think that's already being worked on and such. Also a nice database system to make the module completely persistant would be nice to see as well. It would have to be independent (running on a different CPU) to avoid crashing itself though, so people, keep donating and such (I know I will as soon as I get some cash again).
View users profile Send private message
Prisca
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 11 / 13 EXP: 11 / 13 EXP: 11 / 13
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendations:

Clothes for the constructs and summons, if possible. More on why I want this below... icon_wink.gif
Horses, and riding stuff, and fodder for them (or maybe let them graze).
Weird and wacky jobs - I like the idea of running a circus or travelling roadshow (which I'm currently trying to experiment with in this current era). I'm thinking you have a single object, hooked into a persistent database, which means they are the circusmaster (or such), and have to roleplay to keep that item. (Perhaps also designate janitors to fix and maintain sewer systems, along the same view of thought icon_idea.gif ). This is also why I want clothes for the constructs and summons - every good circus has an attire for all it's roadshow.
icon_biggrin.gif
The ability for a party-wide dance, jig or such, on the whim of the party leader. icon_surprised.gif
Cream pies at the tavern, plus the ability to throw them at people (a range attack, with a pie) icon_smile.gif

My thoughts.

Prisca
"Lost in the Lost Woods ? We never get you lost"
Nefiorim
PostSun 02/09/03 1:27pm
The cream pie attack thing could be a nice easter egg or something icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could have one wish it'd be that more, some exp were given for RPing, and that it be harder to level. I mean all the characters in Dyso are either 5-8th level or 17-20th it is incredible. Plus this may get rid of some of those people who just play to piss people off and level. after all Dyso is a RP server and not an action server
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll be surprised at what's coming...
and many will be happy icon_mrgreen.gif
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for black monk robes!!!
Anyway, almost everything you can wish for WILL be added to Dyso for as far as i can see anyway. So there is little use in suggesting, because if it is nice, it will be added.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like the suggestiong though...many a great idea has started out with someone hopeful posting what may seem like a silly idea and it turns into (with some thought and work) something really cool.

So keep the suggestions coming...even if you don't think they are heard...I read 99% of them!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have no idea how excited I am for this third era to begin I truely hope it is soon. Another wish I could have which I am very happy to hear is being addressed is immunities. They are quite absurd in many cases. Like Nei with her awesome 6 str is immune to knockdowns because she worships Helm. A stiff wind could knock down Nei. And Bioware for some reason greatly underextimates Mind spells. A char doesn't need to be very high level at all to be immune to those. And that takes illusionists and peaceful spell casters out fo the game. I know this is already beign addressed, I just wanted to reemphasize it. Thanks for all the hard work, it is appreciated.
Adario
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 16 / 19 EXP: 16 / 19 EXP: 16 / 19
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope some of those immunities would be deleted...then saving throws should be increased though, cause otherwise everyone would be necromancer icon_lol.gif
Malakalam
PostMon 02/10/03 9:43pm
try making a character with more than 8 wisdom, your saving throw goes up just fine.  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

half orcs can get decent will, as i just found out... wisdom is not restricted... which is a load of crap... i seen an orc with a 28 will one day, no joke.. not a cleric, a full blown FIGHTER... i got so pissed off because i once had an elf char fighter which i worked long and hard at who had a 27 will.. and a half orc power lamer can do it better
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:: grins at the prospect of no immunes as some thing do not require saves ::

icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif

:: remembers he plays a kickin fighter ::

damn... i need a cleric for clarity dammit!!!!!!! and death ward!!!!

Like it FRICKING should be.

Not lame ass immunes.

Team up sometime as it can be a hell of a lot better than soloing and relying on immunes.

Tho I must admit, one immune everyone loves and I don't see why we should get rid of it is fear immune... just fun, but..... yanno... bards will rule the world without fear immune.... their first level spell is fear!!!! omg,s!!!!! ruuuuuuuuuun uber bard scared me AHHHHHHHH RUN HES GOING TO KILL ME!!!!!!

:: jumps into a lake and swims away ::

icon_biggrin.gif

haha j/k ....

lets remove the immunes and depend on each other for power and see how it goes!

Forge master with his best friend a mage... forges a full plate +1 from sheer skill and his buddy casts endure elementals and it gains 5/- resist on all kinds, that would be a fun thing to do...

then imagine the level 20 forger (no one will be level 20, LOL!!!!!) with his epic level 20 mage friend..... forges a wicked full plate +5.... his buddy then casts a concentrated meteor swarm and horrid wilting and enervation on it..... poof.... 30 fire resist... +5 fort saves and immunity to negative levels/ability drains... (at that level that immune might not be so bad, as no one will be level 20, this is taken out of context... hehe) and the item limit cost shoots upto level 49! whoo hoo and they sell it for cash as they cant wear it....

TELL ME WHY THE HELL A LEVEL 2 COULD NOT USE A HAMMER OF THUNDERBOLTS IF HE SOMEHOW FOUND IT!?!!?

REMOVE ITEM LEVEL RESTRICTIONS AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

ok rant done.
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part; here here. Immunities do just encourage soloing and having chars that are just a royal pain becasue they have taken advantage of everything. Hopefully this new system willl see more unique characters that can only be forged through good role-playing instead of these cookie cutter powerful chars that anybody can make. Whatever powerful mix you're thinking of, somebody has done it before. Do something different. I cannot wait for the wipe so I can remake Nei. She is going to be a little weakling even more so than now, but put her in a good group and she will add to it immensly. I'm quite excited!

However a 1st level fighter with some abomination of platemail +5 and a keen rapier +5 bonus feat improved crit from the hell forge doesn't sound so cool. maybe if there are going to be unique items take the level limit off if possible, but I don't see it being positive for all items.
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, removing level restriction would be cool, since you wont be able to BUY uber items...

You can only make and find, there is small chance a level 2 will find uber level 20 items, but what if this person is a masterforge and makes a uber level 20 item, should he/she not be allowed to even use it?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Jon316, immunities are too much right now, I play a half-orc who was designed to have a flaw vs many spells, but with items ava, I can make him quite resistent to most spells--even wail of the banshies ( with a +5 forotude ring) It means he can solo most anything in the game---where is the fun soloing too much (just play a single player game) the one spell that gets me is harm, and In a big way a cleric can really do a number on me even a mid level one, as long as i dont get him in time that is... icon_twisted.gif
What attracts me is chalenge, and some spells like darkness make it too easy.
I love a good mixed low or mid level party lots of good fun...
It seems we get too spoiled with the grab bag of uber and semi uber items ava now in dyso...make us work for victory, make us struggle for survivle and we will love it, because we earned it...
becasue we are so powerfull the dm must put tons of monsters vs a party to chalenge us and then the server goes into a crawl...with less power in the char's hands the monster wont need to be so numerous..and we can enjoy a good planed event without the lag...even a regular dragon will demand respect and get it on the pile of dead bodies icon_wink.gif

A lot of care and good planing have gone into Dyso and it's been a good learning experience, I know it will keep getting better---
Thanks for all the hard work
Grok
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not want level restrictions either. I don't know if level restrictions are in the core rulebooks, or if BioWare added them especially for NWN. In any case, I don't like it. The older games did not have level restrictions on items, but it was not unbalanced just because of that. You found items in a nice order, and did not get overpowered.
Shihi
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 2 / 22 EXP: 2 / 22 EXP: 2 / 22
 9%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Immunity against spell classes. I personally dont have anything against a bracer which makes a char immune to meteor shower or fear or something like this.

For all those people out which think that str 6 chars are ok... what would happen if there are NO BAG OF HOLDINGS out you can buy?

Grok mentioned that harm is devastating. True its a very very good spell (but not in pvp). On the nwn forum I saw a thread with Derek French that probably harm will get a fort save in one of the next patches.
IF this is true, lighten up people... harm will be *poof* gone forever. You wont see harm anymore because no one will use such a crap.

I only want to point out that item level restrictions were also implemented because so many lv 1 chars "found" hammer of thunderbolts. I mean... we cant even switch anymore chars during a server uptime because of evil reloggers, why should the item level restrictions be removed?

Shihi
Snares
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neater-looking helmets. The pot helmet designs in Gloth aren't very impressive. Was it Silver Iourn Stone or something...? And dire-penguins. We all need to summon dire-penguins.

As much as you all are asking for less immunities in items, adding saves to Harm would make it too easy for the other classes out there... icon_mad.gif AND it's not crap compared to the other crap I've seen.

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
View users profile Send private message Send email
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's see, harm is useful for two reasons:

1) All you fighting types out there choose uber immunities, resistances and saves over AC. That's your choice so live with it. Everyone has to have a weakness vs something otherwise there would be god-like players.

2) Tempus. A cleric combining tempus with harm is very powerful. Glorin has proved it.

I'm a rogue and harm rarely works against me, and my maxed ac is 45, not that high. So I don't really see why you're getting all worked up about it.

Griff
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like immunities because half of the unique and fun spells that a spell caster gets, are rendered useless. It would be nice if powerword stun could actually work on even a 6th level fighter, but it doesn't. Why even have the spell then? Lets see, have you ever seen a decent leve char ger entangles, slowed or caught in a web? Nope, freedom is everywhere. Is tehre any reason to go invisible? Nope there isn't a character above 10th level that cannot cast true seeing. how about fear? Yeah bards are extremely charasmatic, why couldn't they cause fear? Oh yeah because everybody over the age of 2 is immune to it. Hmmmm so I guess the spell casters of Dyos will have to keep with the fireballs, horrid wiltings, time stops ect. oh wait I almost forgot then we have improved evasion on half of the 20th level items. Damn get to dodge those too. Lets go to the fighter/rogue side. They have to be sick of trying to knock over weakling gnomish mages, but just bounce off. And trying to sneak attack a decent level char. good luck. All of these immunities just limit the diversity in classes. maybe you will need somebody with you to cast clarity, what a shame. Maybe a mage who can stun people will be useful again, darn. Come on people give up a little power, you cannot be immune to everything.
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-agreed....

mage's should be finished when they are knocked down......

and due to my helmet, i cant ever be stuned....
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

All you fighting types out there choose uber immunities, resistances and saves over AC.

no.........
my saves (out of my head are)
fort 12
reflex 9
will 10(something like that)

i take offence to your generalysation icon_wink.gif (just teasing you griff but don't jump to cunclusions to soon emot-yum.gif )
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I have two things to say:
1. You are not supposed to be an uber-ass-kicking-i-cannot-be-killed-super-power-guy, there are always weaknesses, everybody has them, and it's normal. The trick here is, is to make a decent guy, with as little weaknesses as possible, but then you'll have less specialization powers. It is all about choices people, all about choices.

2. Monks are going to be what they are supposed to be: the spell-caster beater. They'll get kicked by fighters, but it will be almost impossible for spell-casters to beat them: high saves, spell resistance, immunities, bonuses, and other stuff noone has. That is one way of looking at that class, instead of:"I'll loose my items, and I'll never be...". You see, try looking at the bright instead of the bad side, if you cannot find anything, at least think of this: Everybody else will be worse too.

I hope that will stop the whining of people around here icon_biggrin.gif

[edit]fixed some stupid spelling and grammar mistakes, probably missed some too[/edit]

Last edited by ShadowCore on Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Shadow, that's pretty much what I've been trying to say. This will allow for more unique characters. I want to see weaker characters across the board. I really want to make Nei even less offensive than she is now, but I cannot because everybody is immune to the non-offensive spells. My problem is that items now make the character, not level progression, class, or rope-playing.
pillb0x
Hero

XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the great debate goes on.

The problem here, as I see it, is that role-playing is done by people.

And when ever you add people, hoo boy, head for the hills.

I say, kill everyone ! Yay !

(the only reason some people are allowed to live, is because its against the law to kill them....)

Am I venomious today or what. icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Snares
PostTue 02/11/03 9:43pm
Back to the 3rd Era Wishlist discussion - will there be more deities made available besides the tradeskills?  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: