DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Please upgrade secondary server

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:41 am    Post subject: Please upgrade secondary server Reply with quote

I do not mean to be a jerk about this by any means, but it would be REALLY nice if the secondary server could be patched to 1.28. I realize that 1.28 doesn't support any versions that aren't English, but still. Since the patch I have not ever seen more than 5 people on the secondary server. If you ask me, that is a HUGE waste of a server just to make 5 people happy.

Also, with the secondary server unavailable to those that are patched to 1.28 (w/o doing the reverse patch), the primary is loaded to the hilt, causing very frequent crashes and a much less than stellar gaming experience.

Just my two cents worth.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
MerchanT
PostTue 02/18/03 6:16am
Make it four cents - I concur.  Reply with quote

Zedium
PostTue 02/18/03 6:31am
well, still those 5 people want to play dyso too, and why bother, the primary server has enough space...  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it usually is full. And it is a bit more than the server can handle. It usually doesn't take more than 10-20 minutes before the lag gets irritating. But you just have to wait until the germans get their patch. If you got a problam, nag on them icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I neverunderstood why they needed a different language every time, if we can do with english, why can't they? I even think that when stuff gets translated to Dutch, it just sounds stupid.(Same goes for EVERY other translation in ANY language I have seen).

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm, there is a german patch 1.28... and a french patch. Both are beta 2 but work with the official english patch, so it's not necessary to keep the secondary server at 1.27 icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, is there a way to let those that are using the secondary server know that their is a beta patch available that will get them to 1.28?

Also, to the point of "well, still those 5 people want to play dyso too, and why bother, the primary server has enough space...". I agree with you that they should be able to play Dyso, but shouldn't I be able to also??? "You can" you may say. I guess it depends on what you consider "being able to play". To me, being able to actually log in to the server and play for a whole 10 mins. before it a) crashes, or b) lags so much that it is not worth my time is not "being able to play". Also, I go back tot he point that it is a waste of a server to have only 5 people on it. Efficiency experts would pass a brick on that one! icon_razz.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want our Kraut brothers of Dyso icon_biggrin.gif to not be able to play, but the Primary server is basically unplayable when there is close to 60+ people because of the lag and constant server crashes. It crashed 6 times within 40 minutes last night.

Is one of our German players willing to download the patch and see if they are able to play on 1.28? They can always revert if it does not work. Does anyone know who the Foreign players are?

Last edited by Darkshadow666 on Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Selenia_Genoell
PostTue 02/18/03 3:56pm
Oh thats nothing. Last night it crashed 12 times within about 20 minutes.

Can we please open the secondary server back up?

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, thought of something. "Those five players want to play too." Well, because of those five, the 60+ players on the main server can't oplay either. Due to server overload. Think about that icon_wink.gif

Anyway, the Germans actually dubbed that Al Bundy shjow, Married with Children. And I tell you, Al Bundy speaking German really ruins the "American" feeling if the show...
There are some coutnries that are really bull-headed. They *Refuse* to have anything in its original language. Everything HAS to be in their language. Germany, France, Spain and Italy are the ones I know of. And their stubbornness really ticks me off.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

XP
 86%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkshadow666 wrote:

Is one of our German players willing to download the patch and see if they are able to play on 1.28? They can always revert if it does not work. Does anyone know who the Foreign players are?

This time in bold for you stupid americans:

There is a german (and french) beta patch that works with the english 1.28!
When a Kraut player says "it's working", he usually means that it's working
icon_wink.gif

Kindo wrote:

Anyway, the Germans actually dubbed that Al Bundy shjow, Married with Children. And I tell you, Al Bundy speaking German really ruins the "American" feeling if the show...
There are some coutnries that are really bull-headed. They *Refuse* to have anything in its original language. Everything HAS to be in their language. Germany, France, Spain and Italy are the ones I know of. And their stubbornness really ticks me off.

Does it take away from your fun that some people might use a french/german/spanish/korean/chinese or whatever language version instead of the english versioni? I doubt so...
icon_rolleyes.gif
Little Teapot
PostTue 02/18/03 8:11pm
heh... you just called a mod stupid... now he's going to send you into the pit of eternal flame... hehe... can I watch?  Reply with quote

dreamin'
PostTue 02/18/03 8:22pm
You get to call me Kraut, I get to call you stupid >icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germans. reguardless of their mistakes, are a good people

unlike the french. who, BITCH about many thing's after ALOT of are courty man died freeing them.

not to mention, they surenderd
BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me put it like this.....SUSE.DYSOTOPIA.COM will be upgraded to 1.28 on Friday afternoon that should be plenty of time. This will help balance out weekend game play when DYSO is the most popular. Also by early next week we will have more RAM in LINUX.DYSOTOPIA.COM.

icon_arrow.gif icon_exclaim.gif icon_question.gif icon_idea.gif icon_surprised.gif

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif

Last edited by BriHurley on Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa whoa whoa... lets end the cultural fighting. And Marine, do not underestimate what the French did for us during our revolution, and The US is certainly far from faultless. So lets end this before somebody does get offended. Can't we all just get along. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we cannot. This is obvious in the fact that the French are snobs, the Germans are full of hatred, the English have a broom up their arse, all the rest of Europe (and Canada) are pansys or too drunk, the Russians are paranoid *and* too drunk, Africa and Central and South America are all out of touch with reality, the Aussies are lazy, the the good ol' U.S.of A. is a bunch of whiny, tantrum-prone brats!

Let's all sing "it's a small world after all" now. icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif

/joke
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Selenia_Genoell
PostWed 02/19/03 12:48am
Russians are paranoid *and* too drunk......

And have thermo-nucular weapons.

Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I offended anyone...but come on Who likes David Hasslehoff music? Doesn't that scare you that he makes a killing on music there? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Sorry Dreamin' I meant no offense to you. Thanks for letting us know about that Beta patch.

And thanks Bri...for letting us know about the upgrade plans.
dreamin'
Hero

XP
 86%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkshadow666 wrote:
Sorry if I offended anyone...but come on Who likes David Hasslehoff music? Doesn't that scare you that he makes a killing on music there? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Sorry Dreamin' I meant no offense to you. Thanks for letting us know about that Beta patch.

No offense taken... that's why i used the icon_wink.gif smilie
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: