DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Spam Troubles

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Spam Troubles Reply with quote

Alright, this is getting way out of hand. That new forum idea was perhaps the worst idea in a while. Why do you need to give people an EXCUSE to spam?

We need a new forum mod, we really do. Kuma is never around, Fooz isn't around that much either. And Solo locks stuff, and sometimes deletes it. But there is just too much that get's through. Now, I have no idea who should be a new forum MOD, but whoever it is, he or she had better do something about all of the spam around here, because this is just terrible(Yes, I am talking to you Kindo, and Glorin)

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the events forum, it has a pretty interesting new aproach which i tend to use in more forums also will i start checking back every single topic one by one checking in upon them. and about the new forum, i'm not sure wether it will stay but at first it did work as hoped, took the fun out of spamming for at least glorin,tp and kindo. i'm starting to like the new aproach more and more. icon_smile.gif if the new forum keeps people from going oftopic on other posts as in suggestions and such then i think it's worth it. better to have all spam in one place then to have it spread out over the whole forum. in addition making something "legal" often takes away the fun of something. and i hope that effect will take place here too.

Last edited by Solo_Core on Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ecusidor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore for forum mod! icon_biggrin.gif

No really, why not? ShadowCore is a trusty and honest enough guy, and he's around often...

So why not make ShadowCore a new forum moderator?

Vote ShadowCore!

Ogt wrote:
Master ecuisidor you are the one and ony bard in the whole island, as i have said before to you, you are the man!!!!!

ShadowCore wrote:
I'll vote Ecusidor. Go you!!!!!!!!!!! You're also one of the best bards on the isle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the only competitor for THAT title seems to be Kathryn icon_biggrin.gif)
View users profile Send private message Send email
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

XP
 69%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not changing anything more (unless maybe about the new forum) till i've spoken with fooz. i was thinking we might let every forum have it's own little mod who is there just for that forum. also i have never stated that this forum is a permanent one but it seems to work for now. if you ask me i've seen much more valuable posts in the the other forums and less "in between" posts. though i like the idee of every forum his own mod too. it is also used on other forums i've seen.
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think adding in the stupid anything goes forum is wrong. It encourages spam, and will not eliminate it from the main forums. Why don't you just make the rules clear in large print (new link, like search) and anything you see, lock/delete, and persistance after warning will result in a (temp)ban.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

XP
 69%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naming glorin the badgermouthed encourages spam too, but it's fun and spam can be fun too. it's not really spam i'm oposed to, it's more going offtopic with spam. though i send my idees to fooz and i hope he agrees with them. and yes they do include removing this new forum. but for now let it be and see how people respond to it.
Kindo
PostMon 02/24/03 1:33pm
Er, ShadowCore is quite a good spammer himself. But sure, make the spammer forum mod if you wish...  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I also add that (although I'm not 100% sure what Fooz intended when he made this place) these are forums for Dyso developement, news, comments and general info, not a kiddies playground.

Last edited by Uin on Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

XP
 69%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i changed it first to no new topics then to no new posts and now to hidden without anyone noticing apearently. i hope things will settle down a bit now so i can talk with fooz. icon_smile.gif
oh and as i got it, fooz also wanted this forum to be fun for all peeps even though it's hard to make all happy. we are after all playing the game for fun and not cause were getting paid..... well maybe Uin emot-yum.gif icon_razz.gif icon_wink.gif
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Er, ShadowCore is quite a good spammer himself. But sure, make the spammer forum mod if you wish...

Oi!! I resent that. I'm not a spammer, I just post a lot of useful things, because that's about all there is to do for me in school.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ecusidor
PostMon 02/24/03 3:31pm
Im getting payed ingame ^^  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea shadowcore you really are, im the king, i know one when i see one.

you joined later than Kindo and already are competing on post size with him.

itd be like making me forum mod
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the ****** is going on on these forums? Sjeesj, it's spam all over. GET ANOTHER MOD IN HERE TO DELETE SOME STUPID STUFF!!! This is just getting incredibly stupid. There is way too many spam around here. And something needs to be done.

Kindo
PostSat 03/01/03 4:06pm
And you love it, don't you, Shadow? icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: