DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rumors

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Rumors Reply with quote

I keep hearing rumors about the Mountains of the Sun being accessible, being inaccessible, being hidden somewhere with a high Spot check needed to find the entrance, being accessible only with a nonexistant item ...

Can someone give me the scoop on this? I hear tell DarkStrike has apparently gotten access to this area or some other area where he got trained with some kind of dragon skills, and can summon a lvl40 blue dragon or something...

Rumors!! Can anyone illuminate me here?

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Strike is a dragoon and can summon a dragon (now or later)...
And about the mountains, the enterance is hidden and needs a high spot to find, but you cannot get there without the eye of planar remembrence, which do not exist, but will ina weaker version when it goes to beta
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info ..

So -- how does one become a dragoon? I tried setting a new character's subrace to "Dragoon" but that did not appear to do the trick (I didn't get any special gear or indication anyway).

?

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragoon Prerequisites:

Must be True Neutral (50, 50).
Must be a Fighter.
Can only use a spear (but there loads of good ones lying around).

Plus you have to go to the Sun Mountains, find the Dragoon City and pass the Dragoon Test/Quest.

The items that are definite are shibby armour, helmet and an amulet that summons the dragon.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dragoon city is not necessarily in the Mtns of The Sun or atleast if it is its veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyy well hidden, either way u cant become a dragoon untill beta, and even then it will beeee EEEEXXTTTREMELY HARD!!!
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK PEOPLE! Let me try to clear all of these rumors up for you...

This is the pre-availability Dragoon Kit reference guide...this guide is subject to change and does not reflect the final version of the Dragoon Kit.

Dysotopian Dragoons 101

A Little History...
Dragoons are powerful and diciplined fighters that have an inert ability to interact with dragons. Before much of the Forgotten Realms was occupied by people, dragons ruled the lands...the dragons were threatened by the encroaching presense of humanoid races and began to force our races into submission. A small group of humanoids who had been raised by a magnificant golden dragon and taught the ways of dragon life rose up against the evil dragons causing all of the troubles for the human race. Trained with their primitive weapons, simple spears, they managed to give the humanoid races an advantage and allowed them to wipe out a large number of the dragon population, thus making many areas of the Forgotten Realms inhabitable by humaniod races.

Long after the Dragon Wars were ended the dragoons continued to protect civilization and maintain balance in the Forgotten Realms. With their might dragon companions and their inate abilities in melee combat they were feared by many. Theatened by the increasing power of the dragoons, the kingdoms of the Realms sent forth their most powerful warriors in unity and defeated most of the dragoons by destroying their dragons while the dragoons were distracted with other issues. Dwindling in numbers, the mighty gold dragon that once taught them how to make fire granted them passage to an uncharted continent off the Western shores of the Realms. This place has come to be known as Dysotopia.

The remaining few dragoons have gathered in Dysotopia for many many years, secretly passing down the smithing skills and fighting tactics of the sacred dragoons. They are well hidden from the everyday traveller and are typically shy when dealing with other humanoid races.

What IS a Dragoon?

A dragoon is a melee class character kit that is based on the fighter class. Dragoons are specialized in affirs involving dragons, either hostile or friendly. The dragoon kit wears a special armor set that protects them from physical and elemental forms of damage as well as granting them immunities to common ailments. When a dragoon reaches a ripe age (lv20) they are challanged by their tribe. There are several challanges that put the dragoon to the test...they are as follows...

The first setp in becomming a dragoon involves the set of armor. The dragoon must use his/her resources to construct and smith their own set of dragoon armor. This process is very difficult as the materials for the armor have become more and more scarce in the lands of Dysotopia.

Once the armor has been forged it must be taken to the Sacred Mountain where it will be blessed by the mighty gold dragon that spawned the tribes.

After the dragoon in training has their full set of armor they must now go about receiving their spears. The dragoon spears are created from several rare artifacts...the Dragoon Spear is created from what are known as Elemental Stones...stones that contain the powers of the elements themselves. This spear is used by the dragoon when combating dragons. It allows them to slay very powerful dragons with "ease". The other dragoon spear, the Tail of the Dragon, is a powerful +5(+5) spear that is constructed from adamantine and several scales from dragons. This spear is used by the dragoon in day-to-day tasks.

Once the dragoon has achieved his/her armor and spears they must then travel the lands in search of a dragon companion. They must find a dragon that they can convince to bind their life to. Once a dragon is found the dragoon must place a drop of the dragon's blood as well as a drop of their own blood onto their Amulet of Dragon Control at which point the three (Amulet, Dragoon, and Dragon) are united. This now grants the dragoon the ability to call upon, once per day, his dragon companion to fight by his side. If the dragoon's companion falls in battle the link os broken and the amulet is shattered. The dragoon and his companion will both fall to their death and the dragoon is fallen until they can prove to their tribes they are worthy of another chance.

How to Become a Dragoon in Dysotopia
During your character creation you need to be a True Neutral Fighter!
As you progress you will want to choose spear type skills...

Dragoons typically focus on accurate and smart fighting tactics...they are not well liked by people and don't care much for history. An example of a low level dragoon type character would be:
Str 18
Dex 16
Con 16
Wis 8
Int 14
Cha 8

Now that we have the character basics setup we need to go about training to become a dragoon kit fighter...the MOST DIFFICULT part of becomming a dragoon is the alignment limitation. In Dysotopia, everything you interact with will eventually affect your alignments in some form or another...you will be forced to PLAY the alignment you choose to be instead of just choosing it. Even though you may choose to be true neutral I garuntee that 99% of all players out there don't know what TRUE NEUTRALITY is nor how to be true neutral...it is one of the most difficult tasks in the D&D world period. This is also a reason that dragoons are unliked throughout the lands...

You must seek out the Village of the Dragoons and complete the tests they present you with. You must gather the components required for the armor and the weapons and you mus tthen travel the lands in search of your dragon companion...convince the dragon you are worthy and then bind your life force with the dragons. At this point you are a fully developed dragoon.

As far as the whereabouts of these things...well, you think something this powerful should be known to all? icon_wink.gif

Yes, there are Mountains of the Sun and yes you have to find a secret passage to get there...and pass some other character tests before you can get to the Lost Ruins and the actual Mountains of the Sun but if you're meant to discover it someday...you will. icon_wink.gif

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a very nice story u have there

where does Dark Strike come in? hes the dragoon lord or will be in the future.....or atleast the dragoon city king or whatever....i think all the lords shuld have special backgrounds and historys behind them or soemthing that some NPC in their city will tell like Glith kraven dark can have one and i think i already have one with the whole Glorin the wrecthed thing
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Strike is going to be the lord or a DRAGON city...where dragons and humanoids interact...ther emay be dragoons here or not...and he may or may not become a dragoon...that is up to his skills as a player. icon_wink.gif

It's kind of a personal quest he has been sent on to try to discover his history through small clues...just as Glorin has a history and a reason why he is so evil and full of rage...partially developed by him...pertially developed by me...I only intervene to make sure a player doesnt make up a story that doesn't jive with the history of the land. Other than that they live out their own fantasy...I just wish I could spend 90 hours a day working on this and finish it so we could get into some hardcore role playing and action!

Still working my arse off....

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Falkhor
PostSun 09/22/02 8:02am
So basically since spears are necessary to become a dragoon i suppose Halflings and Gnomes are excluded from ever becoming a dragoon?  Reply with quote

Zedium
PostSun 09/22/02 12:00pm
I guess so falk, unless toothpicks count as spears emot-yum.gif  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostSun 09/22/02 12:03pm
I know 12 ways to kill a man with just a toothpick!  Reply with quote

Drudley
PostSun 09/22/02 12:13pm
That just wont do, unles you know 12 ways to kill a dragon with just a toothpick  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostSun 09/22/02 12:17pm
hmm, i could make him swallow me whole wearing acid resistent armor, then start chipping away at his intestines...  Reply with quote

Zedium
PostSun 09/22/02 1:18pm
with a toothpick? icon_eek.gif  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostSun 09/22/02 7:20pm
i may be small but i'm persistent!  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geshtal wrote:

Dragoons typically focus on accurate and smart fighting tactics...they are not well liked by people and don't care much for history. An example of a low level dragoon type character would be:
Str 18
Dex 16
Con 16
Wis 8
Int 14
Cha 8

If the Dragoon armour is Full Plate (judging by Dark Strike's Kit) isn't 16 Dex a waste?

Last edited by Uin on Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total
Glorin
PostSun 09/22/02 11:22pm
no kairo i believe it is batman who is the waste  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, the hulk is a waste... just a strong guy...
nothing else, not even SMART like batman...
u oughta imagine glorin as a weak hulk...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Geshtal
PostSun 09/29/02 3:37am
That was suggested...if you don't wanna follow that you don't have to...just remember that when I say "I told you so!"

Gesh

Aspen
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Dragoons and sun mountain Reply with quote

Can you please finally clear this up for me or anyone else who reads here.

At the current time, is there access for people to actually Get to Sun Mountain or any other areas that havent been told about

If there is an item required to get to sun mountain, is sun mountain loaded into dysotopia at the moment and is that item available to find?

Thanks
Glorin
PostSun 09/29/02 8:17pm
sun mountains are not reachable, period. please read the other posts in the thread.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
no kairo i believe it is batman who is the waste

in another post u said u LIKED batman...

so UR THE WASTE, JUST LIKE UR MOM GLORIN, JUST LIKE HER
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: