DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Disarm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Darkovn
PostMon 03/10/03 5:06pm
You should ban Disarm Its really annoying when peapol walk up to you and steal your weapons that cost a fortune at shops with one single move.  Reply with quote

Drudley
PostMon 03/10/03 6:12pm
Just ban disarm stealing, disarm is a legit move..  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but this has already been discussed in the mod forums. Seems banning it won't go through. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, because it's nearly impossible to do so without breaking real roleplay opportunities. But I do think that something should be done against it. But I think that the chain-pp script also picks it up if you do it too much, which is good. Perhaps a bit of restrictions should be placed on it, and misuse should be a bannable/bootable offense. But other than that, I don't think there's anything that can or should be done.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maul'Kin
PostMon 03/10/03 7:41pm
Disarm stealing is considered a bannable offense on many a server. Disarming as a tactic is perfectly legit...  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 03/10/03 7:47pm
See? Lots of other server has the rule already. Why can't we?  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing it upto lameness should be banned indeed. But since stealing is basically allowed, so should disarm stealing. But not if it is abused.
The fact that it is banned on many servers doesn't mean anything, since other things that ARE allowed are banned there as well. I think that other servers are usually way too restricitive: No PPing, No PKing, no insulting, no attacking, no disarming no NOTHING! It's very hard to play evil well on some of those servers.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostMon 03/10/03 10:26pm
guys scamming is more of a threat then Disarm lameness  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Glorin. How come scamming is more of an offense than running around like mad, disarm-stealing weapons (can be up to 20) all the time. It's bad RP, it HEAVILY harms the victim. Much more than a pathetic PP or a single kill.

Side note: The reason I am against disarm-steal and not PP (and I believe I have said it several times before) is that with disarm-steal, you are guaranteed to recieve a valuable weapon (sometimes two) each go. With PP, you'll most likely just recieve a fruit, arrow, gold, or a bullet anyway. With Disarm-steal, you'll get so much more.

An example:
PP:er goes on a stealing spree: It turns out to be successful, not caught once. He ends up with around 1000 gold, 3 fruits/berries, 5 bullets, a minor book and perhaps maybe a valuable weapon or the like.
Now, a disarmer goes on stealing spree: This one gets around 6 various weapons, all worth around 300-500k each.

Do you see the difference there? There is no chance for the disarmer to end up with only gold or some bullets, he ALWAYS gets extremely valuable items!
Glorin
PostMon 03/10/03 10:53pm
sorry i meant lamenessness not lameness

My b

Alisttair
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 3 / 20 EXP: 3 / 20 EXP: 3 / 20
 15%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disarming without RP is like PP without RP. Disarming cause your in a duel or fight bla bla bla is all perfectly good. There is NOTHING wrong with it overall. Banning it "completely" would be absurd.

Caster McFear - professional wrestler
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostTue 03/11/03 9:37pm
Noone says that. Only banning disarm stealing.  Reply with quote

Error247
Master

XP
EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20
 30%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like disarm... but i would only keep the disarmed thing(s) if the owner was an ass about it... any other time someone does it they are just being an ass...
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
African Ape
PostTue 03/11/03 9:56pm
If you don't like your weapons being stolen then be unarmed or have high discipline instead of bitching about it in the forums.  Reply with quote

gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Roleplay Reply with quote

Ok, here's my deal. I think that most warriors, especially high levels would rather die than take a use a defeated opponents weapon. The people doing this are

1) too lazy to raise their own cash OR
2) without honor (without a lick of roleplaying ability)

Ever heard of honor? You disarm them to shame them. Then you leave. Why would you even touch their weapon? It's despicable and contemptible just like the person you just defeated.

icon_rolleyes.gif
Error247
Master

XP
EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20
 30%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

African Ape wrote:
If you don't like your weapons being stolen then be unarmed or have high discipline instead of bitching about it in the forums.

i think hes a mage... and multiclassing just to get disc would kill because of spell loss...
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil characters might not have any honor. Say I'm a Chaotic Evil Barbarian. The one thing I love more than anything is grasping my opponent's wrist, squeezing until the bones turn to mush, shaking their weapon from their grip, forcing them to the ground and then lopping their head off. Simply wonderful! *sigh* icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

I didn't say you couldn't disarm. I think an evil character disarming is completely appropriate. I just said he wouldn't take the weapon. So go for it and leave the weapon where it drops.
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do agree that disarming and being able to immediately take someone's weapon ain't great. However, if you kill them first.....

I don't know. It's totally realstic to assume that you'd be able to take their weapon once they're dead, but then we get into the whole messy discussion about lootable corpses (please let's not start talking about that here). I think that for now, disarm should stay like it is, except that like you say, gaea, the weapon should stay with the character, maybe not be able to be used until combat is over. There's a way to keep people from switching armor during combat mode. I wonder if it would be relatively easy to code it so a weapon couldn't be equipped during combat if it had been disarmed during that particular combat?
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
African Ape

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error247 wrote:
African Ape wrote:
If you don't like your weapons being stolen then be unarmed or have high discipline instead of bitching about it in the forums.

i think hes a mage... and multiclassing just to get disc would kill because of spell loss...

Mages don't need to carry a weapon and if they do when a fighter type is around then they shouldn't be surprised if it gets taken in a fight.
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disarming can be lame I admit, but why does everybody always want to ban everything? Maybe warn/ban the individuals who do it totally wrong and without RP, this will be hard to prove, but better to have the freedom to role-play than have that entire avenue taken away. So if you have a problem with a player, take some Screenshots and contact a DM/Mod quit complaining about it here in the forums. Banning legitimate RP activities because of a few bad apples really pisses everybody off, look at the taxing/scamming thing that came up a couple of weeks ago. Not that I feel like bringing that up again, but banned play is just irritating. I'm ranting in circles now so I'm going to stop.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
kental-sin
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33
 3%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

1) too lazy to raise their own cash OR
2) without honor (without a lick of roleplaying ability)

ok i have to comment sometime.
alright one im not lazy enough to get my own money i carry AT LEAST a one million of gold i earn by killin the rock golem, the divine arcane and dark lord, are topaz boss. LACK OF ROLE PLAY ha if you were in the game and all of this was real and some big half orc comes up and is hitting you with some bastard sword your taking alot of pain even with your big equipment on your not going to want to sit there and have him keep hitting you with it your going to want to DISARM him so he doesnt hurt you with it.
(and ape if you can show me where i posted that i will gladly accept the fact i wrote it but others wise you made that up)
I get people who try and "claim kraven are sylvandel as there own" and threaten citizens that elerina will be next i go and fight em and once i disarm someone i got ohh mod ohh mod suck it up its a form of roleplay just like knock down, pp, taunt, and all the other skills are.

Tempest Steel
View users profile Send private message Send email
gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Well Reply with quote

gaea106 wrote:
I didn't say you couldn't disarm. I think an evil character disarming is completely appropriate. I just said he wouldn't take the weapon. So go for it and leave the weapon where it drops.

See above icon_confused.gif
Messiah
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33
 87%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen thieves stealing the most important armor , belt , weapons etc. with PPing . As long as there is PPing there will be disarm stealing . And if you put points enough to discipline you can prevent disarm , for PP even if you are spotted you can steal .

For myself , when I disarm someone %90 of the time I give it back . For some asses , I request some money (like 1/3 or 1/2 of the item) if that person has caused me some economical damage .

" I want a reason to die for , to make it beautiful to live "

Founder - coleader of the eXiled Spirits<xS>
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before, disarm-stealing insures a valuable item or two to get in your possession. With PP you most likely just get minor ass treasures. Like the famous bullets. It is unfair.
Zedium
Hero

XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the only really lame disarm is the unarmed disarm, you basicly knick someone´s precious sword, and he will have nothing to do against it, seeing the next weapon he will wield will suffer the same fate.

I say just make unarmed disarms fling the weapon just like armed disarms do, so you can at least wack the bugger real good when he bend over to pick up a sword.
Kindo
PostWed 03/12/03 11:37am
And he dies but keeps the sword. icon_mad.gif  Reply with quote

Zedium
PostWed 03/12/03 1:12pm
at least in rebirth you can get stolen weapons back when you kill someone  Reply with quote

zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real fighters can never get disarmed.
For mages/clerics or any other, dont show your weapon. Its not like ya gonna be using them much in combat.
Error247
PostThu 03/13/03 9:19pm
its called a sorc/wiz stick for mages... you know that 450k stick in gloth that you cant use without a level as mage? yeah those things...  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: