DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Roleplaying a flawed character, Advice requested?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Show signatures  
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33
 84%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Roleplaying a flawed character, Advice requested? Reply with quote

Hello I'm Coral_Reef,

I'm having a great time living in Dysotopia! I'm new to roleplaying online and I have a bunch of questions.

My current character named Coral Reef, She aspires to greatness by healing and helping other people but she has some huge flaws. I'm wondering what she should do.

She's a cleric who has a god (Palandine) that doesn't exit in this world, This isn't her fault since when she was born her creator didn't know anything about Dysotopia. She prays regularly and seem to still get spells so her divine power comes from somewhere that she can't explain.

I don't know anything about the god Palandine I found the name on another persistent world site before I found this site.

Can I role play that she worships a god more consistent with this world? How do I do it.

She has fallen in love with a Caotic Evil follower of Bane, who hates Paladins. One of her best friends is a Female Paladin.

She orginally started out as a fighter (3 levels) but then shifted to be a Cleric (now level 7)

This may have been a mistake. She has terrible Charisma - She tries to compensate for that by wearing low cut tops but it just provokes catlike responses from the females she meets. I now see that she doesn't have enough wisdom to be a really great cleric (she started with 14). I've never played a Cleric before, I'm learning slowly what the good spells are.
So far I mainly just heal people in combat. I choose my feats and skills based on what I think would offer the best role playing value - This is causing problems with character from an effectiveness point of view.

Her specialized weapon is the longbow, but she has only 12 dex, not enough to get the Rapid Shot feat, which I'm told should be part of every viable archer.

The other question I have is, "Does anyone have any advice on properly role playing female characters if you're a guy."

After playing 2 chapters of the Official Campain as a male I was tired of spending hours looking at a butt ugly dwarf butt all day. (admit it guys ... Laura Croft was a hit because of her big ... eyes?).

Suggestions?
View users profile Send private message Send email
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a good friend of mine once told me :

"First I think of a man, then I take away accountability and reason."

icon_smile.gif Thanks Nei.

Edit: yea, its from a move (as good as it gets ?) but, Nei is always using it.

Last edited by pillb0x on Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Coral_Reef
PostTue 03/11/03 8:14pm
???  Reply with quote

Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC thats SOOO off of a movie.

A: you have more or less a crappy build, as far as combat, but DONT WORRY your RP orainted, and that's GOOD people LIKE that, changeing to a celric -mid life, is harsh, as far as combat, but ive only see Some one Else do it

What i suggest as far as RPING a owmen is simpley:

Pick the kind of women you wnat your char to be.

every time she get's in to a situation, try and RP it, FAKE IT how you think she would act.

I dont know how a ELF would act, But i can fake it, cant i ? so Fake it, Pretend

if all else fails, fall on your alinment.

and remember, if your confused, odd's are so is your charachter

just some idea's PM me or post in this thread if ya like what you are reading icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Marine,

Is it possible to switch dieties to something more in tune with the world. A clerics life should be centered around their diety and I find it hard to do this if they don't exist. My character is slowly losing her faith. - She's acting Chaotic Good now.

Pillb0x, I don't really understand your post. Can you elaborate?
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not really

But who is to say, what you call god on this world, is the same in anouther ?

Meaning you still worship god A but it's called god B here, pick a god you like and switch it, but RP it as though, it never has switched, just called something else

thats what i would do

and ingore the pillbox he's wacko
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

Well, I am sure glad you asked how to roleplay a girl if your a guy. That one has been getting me. There are a lot of female chars out there that I know are being played by men/boys. Being a girl myself, I stick to girl chars. First of all, I talk to much to be a guy in char or out. icon_lol.gif Girls are chatty. Keep that in mind.

I really think that developing a personal history for your character will be helpful too. Keep in mind that female adventurers are fairly uncommon and it's mostly a man's world. So how is it that she left the safety of her families home and took up adventuring? Running around with theives, bandits, and warriors is a tough crowd. I find female characters without a lot of backbone unbelievable unless she is part of a larger group of roleplayers.

Usually those historical references will help you keep your character in line. Having a past helps you reflect on new situations similarly. For example, was she of noble, common or merchant class birth? This will help you in social situations as to responses and actions.

As for the god, I don't think you can change gods. The only possible way to do so might be to ask the DM's. However I have heard there is going to be a character wipe soon anyway so it may not matter.

Another suggestion might be to remake the character with the same name and new statistics. A lot of players do this for changing classes and having new adventures with popular characters.

As for creating a character with the proper statistics I suggest you use the decide what class you want to be and whether or not you want to multiclass. Use the recommended button and then see what scores it gives you. Then do the same for the next class if you want to multi level. Then cancel and do it again spreading the scores from both classes with the points you have. The class description on the first screen tell you which ability scores are most important for that class.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ogt
PostTue 03/11/03 11:32pm
BACCHUS IS MY GOD!!!!!  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, from my understanding, you can simply stop worshiping the old god. Many clerics worship an ideal, and an outsider of great power who respects that ideal grants them thier spells. You can also worship a god that doesn't exist, thats fine too (its simply putting a name on your ideal). There's probably an outsider somewhere who will hear your prayers for spells and respect your ideals and thoughts and grant you power.
As long as you promote your ideals and preach them to the people, you're doing your job as a Cleric, you don't need a god.

As for this Chaotic Bane follower.. tell me who he is so I can bash him for being Chaotic and following a Lawful God.. unless he's got a real good reason. icon_smile.gif

Also, can I have some more details about your character? What are your Dex, Str, and Wis, as well as your character levels?
As long as you end up with (10+your max spell level) wis, you'll be a half decent cleric.

Edit: if you make a character by the same name, please remember to add a . or a ' or something to the name so that it doesnt overwrite your old one. Sometimes the old one will overwrite the new one as well.. so its generally best to make at least a small difference
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
PostFri 03/14/03 2:14am
soo.. I take it from the inactivity in this thread that everything worked out?  Reply with quote

Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great advice!

Sorry I took so long to reply. I have been writing background material for Coral Reef.

I'm going to follow the advice on Gods given here and roleplay that she is having a severe bout of existenital depression. She's handeling it by drinking and is well on her way to becoming an alcoholic if something doesn't catch her attention soon.

Here is some more background on Coral Reef: This is all from memory.

Str 16
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 14
Cha 8

She has 3 levels of figher and 9 of cleric.

Feats she has are: Toughness, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus Longbow, Power Attack, Cleave, Combat Casting, Empower Spell. I relize I should have focused on one are only - either missle or melee or spells but not all 3!

Her Cleric Domains are Air and Healing.

gaea106 - This may sound kind of sexist but I agree - Only girls play female characters well - I don't think I've seen a guy play a felmale char perfectly. That said, I'm going to try to be more chatty with my character, Any other hints on playing a female? Your idea of building a complete background ont he character is a good one. I'm putting it together now.

I'm going to post a complete historic background on my character soon.
gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

Glad the advice helped you out. icon_lol.gif

Writing the history is really useful.

Hmm other suggestions for being a girl? You should not wear your armour all the time... and have a least two outfits. (preferably some that shows cleavage and some that don't icon_eek.gif ) You should hopefully be able to tell when to wear which one... icon_rolleyes.gif

I usually pick chaotic alignment, that allows for the mood swings... icon_lol.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, ouch, you only have 2 ability points left, so I suggest getting
8 total levels of fighter, 12 total levels of cleric and putting the both points into wisdom. That will get you the archery feats you need and you'll be able to cast up to 6th level spells so you'll get heal.

You also may want to consider focusing on melee, as you have more strength than dex. I suggest taking focus and specialization in a melee weapon as two bonus feats (you'll get three of them).
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaea106 - This is great advice! Looking at my wardrobe, I notice all the outfits have low cleavage icon_lol.gif - This is might be a symptom of having spent hours looking at a Male half orc's butt in the Official Campaign. icon_confused.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

I like playing Chaotic Good alignment. it works well for me.

Any other suggestions for playing a female?

Malakalam,

Feats:

I think I'll never be a great archer since I can't get Rapid Shot since I don't have 13 dexterity, Mine is 12. I wish I thought of this before I put points into Point Blank Shot. Also , as you say I have more Str than Dex.

I was considering forcusing on Melee, that's why I chose Cleave and Power Attack. But I don't have a good Melee weapon yet so I stopped putting feats into Melee. (I have an Astral Sword +1)

I was considering choosing Maximze spell for use with Blade Barrier and Pillar of Flame. But it will be many levels before I can use Blade Barrier at that level.

Does this make sense?

By the way, My Diety is Paladine and I'm Lawful Good. -> heading Chatoic Good.
gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Oh no! Reply with quote

Oh my! icon_confused.gif All of them are low cleavage? See that would be a guy thing I would notice. That's what guys want us to walk around in all the time! icon_biggrin.gif

Ok here's the scoop, you obviously need help.

The more modest outfits are for your large social gatherings like hanging out in town socializing with new people. You don't want the crazies drooling on you when you are just hanging out, so avoid the low cuts in those situations.

If you spot someone interesting invite them to a more private conversation with a smaller group and change outfits. OMG don't do the cliche "let me change into something more comfortable" thing. GEEZ Just wait until they leave the area and change, or get to the arranged meeting place first and change before they get there. (I have my outfits and armour in the ctrl quickslots for easy changing)

The low cut outfit is for the smaller gathering type situation. Say having drinks at the inn for example. This should be to show that you have another side than the armour and war. It's the softer side, the desirable one. This is a great outfit for flirting. (More on flirting later)

Ok, then if you are curvy and have a special someone in mind try an outfit that you only wear for him when you are in the mood. This is a mental signature for "I am yours! Take me now or I will jump you!" That is if you want to go there of couse! icon_eek.gif

Ok now flirting:

Flirt with only three people and only if you are not involved, more is tacky/sign of slut. If you flirt in public keep it light and tame! You never know if another great guy is watching! Flirting while drinking is good, cause if it goes badly or he ends up being a jerk then you can blame your actions on the booze as a good excuse.

Do watch Mira in character for tips.
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional tips gaea106 / Mira that was a great post!

I'll be watching you for more ideas. Looks like I've got some shopping and observing to do.

I find flirting the hardest thing to do.

Thanks for the ideas.

Coral Reef
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clothes for women will always be a bitch. I remember when I first created Ameli and went on lookout for casual clothing. About 80% of the clothes were totalyl inproper for a timid girl as her! Grrr at those horny freaks at BioWare!

Oh, background story (story up until coming to Dysotopia) is recommended to have. It's way fun creating it, and it adds more depth to the character. And then you can keep a journal to keep track on events from coming to Dyso to "whenever". But that's a bit too much perhaps. But could be fun too.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Coral_Reef
PostFri 03/14/03 9:12pm
What do you people think of Lisa's Clothing Hak pack?

I think it's fabulous!

gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Huh Reply with quote

I never got to go to the store that was open sometimes. It was never open when I was online. I really don't know what you are talking about. Please enlighten me.
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What girl doesn't want more clothes?

Check out the huge selection by downloading
Lisa's Complete Clothes Horse

sample url

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/data/1040598113289.shtml

Parade in some of the outfits (I've seen you girl) , mop up the drool and petition the powers that be to enable this hak for the new mod.
Trinta
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like what gaea had said about what you should wear in town, however, i have a different opinion...of course, it depends on what kind of girl you're rp'ing as...myself, i was the kind of girl that always wore armor in town, to keep away all the jerks, but as soon as i went into a house or something, i immediately changed, not into something low cut, just something...umm...sorry to use the cliche, more comfortable...usually sorc. robes or something that is little more than a piece of pretty cloth...
i would suggest that you pick a favorite color, so that you have that much more insight into your character and how to rp as her icon_smile.gif

sorry for butting in like that, just felt like sharing my opinion and hoping i could help out a little. i dont get to play anymore (i got grounded...oops) but i really like the server, since the wipe i only have one char. but before i was Trinta Menthen, and before that, Mantrei Jarshby, when i get back on (and get some xp again) i'd be glad to help you out and maybe give you some tips on rp'ing as a girl...one thing i agree with completely about what was being said was that you have to talk...A LOT...if you dont like to talk that much, just rp as a shy girl, it helps out a lot...thats all i have to say, but i hope you have fun and i wish you well
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Trinta and welcome to the forums!

I'm just starting Coral Reef (Female version) again as Coral Reef'. So far she keep dying in the East Island.

Does wearing armor around town help cut down on jerks?

Favorite Colour? ... I really like the way the black Necromancer robes look.

I'm trying to be more chatty when I play my female character.

I've only just started playing my female character again. Since the wipe until recently I've been playing Coral Reef a a Male character.

Flirting:

I must admit I'm never totaly comfortable with guys hitting on my female characters. I'm not homophobic or anything. I'm heterosexual Male. It's just and I feel kind of dishonest if I decieve them. I feel bad if I disappoint them telling them I'm Male in RL. But if I told them "I'm Male" it destroyed the relationships/roleplay involved.

Given all this you might ask, "Why do I play a female character?"

The inital reason was simple. For guys, females are much nicer to look at for the 100's of hours you will spend looking at a character.

However as I started to play the female character I found I enjoyed "getting under a woman's skin" so to speak. There is a different dynamic going on with respect to your relationships if you're female that you can't experience Role playing a male.

Coral Reef

PS

This might be more information than many of you want to know. I fully expect to be flamed by a bunch of young guys who are still trying to build their image of what it means to be male.

Last edited by Coral_Reef on Wed May 14, 2003 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total
River
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the other side, Coral Reef'! I hope you survive the trials of Eastern Isle and I get to meet you on the mainland in the near future.

I can't say much about jerks in town. I've never really met or been bothered by them. River usually sticks to the necromancer robes at night or paladin's tunic by day or her blue armor while in town. Her other outfit is for... special occasions. angel3.gif

I'd like to suggest another thing to keep in mind when playing female characters. They are often more complex than males. Of course I'm portraying stereotypes, but when a guy is hungry, he gets something to eat. When a female is hungry, she has to decide if it's appropriate to eat in relation to when she last ate and when the next meal should be. She probably has an urge for something specific and either has to deal with the guilt feelings of having eaten that snack cake or the longing for having settled for celery instead. Then you add the wedding coming up next month and having to fit in the dress she has or resigning herself to hours of searching for another one. If someone catches her eating, she suddenly feels guilty and suspicious, wondering what they're thinking. Everything has several motives and emotions connected to it.

Best wishes with your journey!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I must admit I'm never totaly comfortable with guys hitting on my female characters. I'm not homophobic or anything. I'm heterosexual Male. It's just and I feel kind of dishonest if I decieve them. I feel bad if I disappoint them telling them I'm Male in RL. But if I told them "I'm Male" it destroyed the relationships/roleplay involved.

Hmm, sounds simple then, make sure the person hitting on your character knows about it before you start something of a relationship with that C. If the person behind it, it's his loss....

Quote:

The inital reason is simple. For guys females are much nicer to look at for the 100's of hour you might spend with a character

That's true icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:

However as I started to play the female character I found I enjoyed "getting under a woman's skin" so to speak. There is a different dynamic going on with respect to your relationships if you're female that you can't experience Role playing a male.

Hmm, to be honest, I don't get this, because if that is so, why wouldn't you try playing a male in the same way. Ah well, I never get women anyway....

Quote:

This might be more information than many of you want to know. I fully expect to be flamed by a bunch of young guys who are still trying to build their image of what it means to be male.

Hrmph, I doubt it, I think people are more mature......
Quote:

I'd like to suggest another thing to keep in mind when playing female characters. They are often more complex than males. Of course I'm portraying stereotypes, but when a guy is hungry, he gets something to eat. When a female is hungry, she has to decide if it's appropriate to eat in relation to when she last ate and when the next meal should be. She probably has an urge for something specific and either has to deal with the guilt feelings of having eaten that snack cake or the longing for having settled for celery instead. Then you add the wedding coming up next month and having to fit in the dress she has or resigning herself to hours of searching for another one. If someone catches her eating, she suddenly feels guilty and suspicious, wondering what they're thinking. Everything has several motives and emotions connected to it.

And this is exactly why I will never understand females.

In any case, it's good that people try to get into their C's that much, if this keeps up, perhaps I will come in-game again........
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

River wrote:
Welcome to the other side, Coral Reef'! I hope you survive the trials of Eastern Isle and I get to meet you on the mainland in the near future.

I can't say much about jerks in town. I've never really met or been bothered by them. River usually sticks to the necromancer robes at night or paladin's tunic by day or her blue armor while in town. Her other outfit is for... special occasions. angel3.gif

Best wishes with your journey!

Thanks River,

This is great information that I never would have thought of on my own. Yet it makes perfect sense when it gets explained to me.

More exampes please!

Another reason why I like playing a woman sometimes is that it's a bigger strech of my role playing ability to portray a girl than a guy. Sort of like I find my Fender Stratocaster harder to play than my Gibson SG. It's more fun when I have to work harder on the guitar sometimes.
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Coral Reef said:
Quote:

ShadowCore said:
Hmm, to be honest, I don't get this, because if that is so, why wouldn't you try playing a male in the same way. Ah well, I never get women anyway....

I don't play my male characters the same way because I believe males and females act differently. Very differently.

My female characters are more interested in clothes, shopping, socializing and gossiping. The worry about party dynamics more. They flirt. They tend to be more interested in arriving at a consenus within the party. They get treated differently than males. And after reading Rivers suggestion they will be watching what they eat and how much.

Coral Reef.

Last edited by Coral_Reef on Wed May 14, 2003 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This I find most amusing I cant remember the last time I had celery instead of cake in fact never I can promise you.But ive never really put on weight wether im eating or not eating.As for clothesI can think of friends girls who not care so much and boys who die to be fashionable.the stereo types are a bit stretched ..Except the shopping that ill give you.Men are terrible shoppers just first shop buy go home.Which is probably why most look so scruffy
gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coral_Reef wrote:

I don't play my male characters the same way because I believe males and females act differently. Very differently.

My female characters are more interested in clothes, shopping, socializing and gossiping. The worry about party dynamics more. They flirt. They tend to be more interested in arriving at a consenus within the party. They get treated differently than males. And after reading Rivers suggestion they will be watching what they eat and how much.

Coral Reef.

Uh, ok that is the most ludicrious thing that I have ever heard. The eating thing is stupid. Don't pay any attention to that and please don't roleplay it.

Society has pushed so many women into eating disorders, I don't think that is appropriate to roleplay that out. There could be people on the server with eating disorders that would find it offensive. It is also a bad example for any teens or younger players out there. It also doesn't make sense because the characters don't gain or lose weight by eating.

Another thing. There are always male jerks that will come on to a girl no matter what she is wearing, what she looks like, how she feels, or her relationship status (married, going steady, whatever).

You shouldn't wear the clothes for other people. Wear them for yourself. I find most girls do this. If you feel sexy and are flirting... wear sexy clothes. If you are feeling more reserved, wear modest clothes. If you are grumpy and don't want to be bothered with sniveling males... wear your armour and keep your weapon handy. Keeping your helmet on is a great way to avoid unwanted advances as well. Then keep that special outfit handy for the more intimate moments. icon_eek.gif
River
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. I chose the wrong topic for rambling neurotically. Of course, this is coming from someone who ignored the bottle of water and bag of pretzels in her lunch bag and instead hit the vending machine for soda and snack cakes. (It’s been a long day, and, see, somehow I still feel the need to justify my actions to imaginary critics.)

Coral Reef, I took your remark about eating as a joke. Was it?

Instead of generalizing and making any more stereotypical examples, I’ll offer this – create a personality you like, and enjoy it. Because you know how to role play, you probably already play a female character much better than an actual female that can’t write / role play.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am glad that the women RPers will change clothes at time, it makes it seem more natural, at times some of the guys too, but I always see the half orcs raiding the town saying want bash with weapons drawn.... icon_evil.gif ugly ass half orcs, godw i love insulting them ic... lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: