DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Mayors and interdimensional jurisdiction

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: Mayors and interdimensional jurisdiction Reply with quote

I was just wondering, since i just read Kraven was usually found on the linux server, whether a mayor of a city has jurisdiction in both versions of his city. Since they are technically two separate universes, and since we never seem to see lord Kraven in Kravenwood I was just wondering how that's gonna work especially since mayors are also supposed to be moderators and can't be in two servers at the same time.
Just wondering...
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
PostTue 10/01/02 10:29am
well the servers Are synched.....  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but what use is a mayor who is never in his city...
besides servers linked or not, from a roleplay perspective both are different versions of the same world, alternate universes so to speak.
It is rather impossible to rule two cities, as is evident from the lack of presence of either Lord Kraven himself or his vaunted guards.
They simply are never there to guard their damn city. The only inhabitant of Kravenwood in Win32 are the stone giving cleric and the merchants and that's it...
BriHurley
PostTue 10/01/02 11:23am
The city is not ready yet when it is ready it will be well maintained.  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when the server goes beta a lot of roblems with law and order in a town will be handled by gamesystems but it still doesn't answer my question about mayors being moderators who simply can't handle two cities at the same time in my opinion. I just don't see that working effectively. And once more, try explaining from a roleplay perspective how one mayor rules two cities in two separate universes...
Bronte
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 7 / 11 EXP: 7 / 11 EXP: 7 / 11
 63%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor raises an interesting point which I too have been pondering.

Until recently the Linux box has always been far less populated then it's Win32 counterpart and subsequently most Events, Wtaches, Guilds etc seem to center around the Win32 World.

Question: At some point will the distinction between the different servers become transparent or non-existent? This seems the only logical step otherwise what we really have are two distinct worlds. We may as well have Linux Mayors,Watches, Guilds, Events, etc, to mirror those of the Win32 box.

</Xari>
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bronte and Falk are on to something there and it's something I've wondered about myself.

Up until the server vault sharing, the two "universes" were essentially parallel but distinct. Now there is "some" cross over but generally speaking the old time Linux crew sticks to the Linux side and the old time win32 folks are over there. Bulk of the action takes place on win32 due to there being more people ... but linux tends to be less laggy and easier to move around, etc.

The schism can't totally be removed and I think there is something to be said for there being like two sets of "leaders" ... one for each server. Or, perhaps, a more logical manner of doing it would be they both have the same "mayors" but each has its own local deputy mayors, etc. That way it's easier for Gesh and Bri to move back and forth between the two servers adding flavor but the general "day to day" RPing of the city stuff would be in the hands of others who would be able to concentrate on one given server for the most part. As it stands now, Eleriina on Linux never has any sort of authority figures around other than Bri's characters and Order of the Shining Blade folks hanging around talking to folks.
Glorin
PostTue 10/01/02 11:01pm
have a dupty mayor that plays on linux be the person on linux but he still answers to the supreme lord.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriHurley wrote:
The city is not ready yet when it is ready it will be well maintained.

By certain people... right kraven? *wink* *wink*
*nudge* *nudge*
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostWed 10/02/02 10:33am
my arm!  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: