DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Celrics....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Celrics.... Reply with quote

ok, I thought all these Uber books were Removed ?! just today, i Bought a Book of riase dead off a Different Player...and to my Surprise...

Their is No Class Resertction on it....i was angery as HELL !!! why are celrics so Useless ?!

Now, everyone, will have this Book, ANd thats not the only thing im ranting about

at level 6, i die i lose 360 EXP (good, fair amount)

Now, Lets Say, Im brought Back to Life, by a Raise dead...I think i should get...for not going to the heavens....10% my Exp back, and maybe 33% or 50% back, for a Full Rez

Now the Above Idea will only WORK, if you Get Rid of all the raise dead books !!!

SO, in short my suggestion is this, and i promise you, if People Play celrics, right (worshiping a god, Ect) They, will Indeed Increase roleplaying.

1. Remove all Raise dead books, players with them already, must DESTORY THEM !!!!!!

2. If you raise some one, the Celric get's 5% of the Exp of the Target Raised, and the Victum gets 10% (put in anti-lame scripts, to stop from Exploiting this)

3. If some one Rez you, You should indeed, get 33-50 % of your Exp back !!

I think this would Improve roleplay a great deal, and make celrics *gasp* rare and usefull......

Suggestions, Comments, Feedback, Flames, or cookies, all welcome.
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with marine, i thought they scrapped the books, ive posted around 5 times on this EXACT TOPIC......... christ im not even a cleric, but it is stupid having the books there, as said before this ridicules the goal of trying to get multiclass parties. Same with true seeing as i said before, same with all the other books, get rid of them totally.

And i will be interested to see the support this receives as it received hardly none the times before...... just like:
http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2914

and anyone going off topic in serious threads like this is being a stupid, immature idiot.

as you can see i am "angry as hell".

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Angery as Hell with Right, Id like to see most or all the books gone my self (cure minior Wounds, isnt that bad)

Anyways...Brihurly, Can we Get some commenting on this ?! Can or will you Remove all books (you could do so by reserfes and Scipting)

Please let us know what other people think....i honestly, think that raisedead, book, will make celrics useless.....*frown* icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably youll want the scrolls removed to at least from anyone who takes a thief level so they can use.All I mean is doing away with the books doesnt in anyway cure the problem.Secondly raather a strange view of Cleric as merely a res machine.Thirdly XP for resssing thats wrong I think if your God allows you to be mercenary charge the person youre raising but get XP no.What Res is now isnt a means of avoiding consequences.If you die you pay for your mistake XP that judgement shouldnt be taken away by Res.What Res does it allows you to avoid the wait the risk to your body.Why should you get XP for res another player and why should your penalty for dieing be alleviated ie XP back if someone resses you.
Nope cant see the reasoning its seems just away to reduce allevate the penelty.

Res isnt Clerics there is Healing and restoration and many other .
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you don't even need to have a theif level to use a Raise Dead scroll, or any other cleric scroll (such as neutralize poison, restoration, resurrect, and so on). And I don't think they should be (the scrolls) totally removed, just unbuyable. And the books on the other hand, I think that they should also be removed until Trade skills are implemented. Then they should add them
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, But useing your gods power would help you understand your powers more

But your point is Vaild as far as the Dead person getting Exp back is

Scrolls, are fine, for they are a "500 Gp a rez" Deal, (or what ever the cost is)

books are say, 6000 gp, For Infinite, Rez's..

Thats whats making celrics useless
Marine436
PostWed 03/19/03 8:07pm
Ugh...im getting angery no one is replying to this....i thought it was a good idea *sheads a tear* kindo where are you ?  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you, guys. I actually think the books should remain, but maybe be given very, very high attribute restrictions. I mean, being able to cast a spell from a book should be very hard to do properly, so for, for example, Raise Dead, you need an Intelligence of at least 14 and a Wisdom of, I don't know, 12? AND a Charisma of 10? I don't know Clerics well. I wish I did.
I wouldn't cry if they removed books altogether tho. I just think that they make sense, they just need to be much, much more restricted.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Marine436
PostWed 03/19/03 8:43pm
i just want over powered books removed....  Reply with quote

Filtered Chaos
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 7 / 41 EXP: 7 / 41 EXP: 7 / 41
 17%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with you on that. All of it. KEEP THE RP ALIVE! hehe. ummm, while were on the topic, you should probly boost up the price of scrolls as well, thus furthering the need of a cleric even MORE! wee.
BriHurley
PostWed 03/19/03 9:46pm
Where did the raise dead book come from I could have missed it and I want it removed!  Reply with quote

Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think a book of res makes a cleric useless,
clerics are not the healing weaklings and res punks everyone wants to make out of them,

a cleric is the most effecient killing/helping machine in the whole nwn

it can buff up allies, it can heal, it can restore, it can raise dead, it can take hordes of enemies down in few secconds, i dont think a book can diminish the power of the all mighty cleric

Cleric power! everything else is just a lesser class

cheers
View users profile Send private message
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriHurley wrote:
Where did the raise dead book come from I could have missed it and I want it removed!

LOL!

OOPS!

I'd say something about those naughty 3.x tester peoples, but...
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Malakalam
PostThu 03/20/03 1:50am
sewers I would assume, its part of the loot down there  Reply with quote

Marine436
PostThu 03/20/03 5:19am
SWEET !!!

Bri, Can you Please Make the ones Already in the System Go away ?! or make them Illgeal.

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... yeah he COULD do that as a matter of fact. Put it into the 'OnEnter' script that it checks your inventory for the item tag 'BookofRaiseDead' or whatever you tagged it, and have it destroyed. Then, remove them from everything else in the module. A pain in the ass, but it could be done. I'm not really worried about it though.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GTang
PostThu 03/20/03 6:44am
That no death until your HP reaches -10 sure made my low level cleric useful.  Reply with quote

Ogt
PostThu 03/20/03 10:01am
no way, i dont want to lose my book, it was a gift!!!!!!!!

why dont you want a raise book !!!!!!!! they be nice

Marine436
PostThu 03/20/03 2:33pm
or at least add

Requirments:

Class Celric.

and make them super rare....

ShadowCore
PostThu 03/20/03 2:45pm
Noooooo, away with books. They make life way too easy. Go Bri!!!!!!!  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: