DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

OSB too large.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: OSB too large. Reply with quote

Recently i've noticed a major problem in OSB. Like the subject says, it is way too big. Not too big as number of people go, but loyal people. We could currently have 200 knights and 10000 squires for all i know, they are just simply not known to all of us well enough. I could go into a server with all osb on it and not know a single one. I think we need to be a little more perservative with our recruiting. Muric Sophi and Grok were excellent additions, they have been here long and are easily recognizable. But some of the new squires, and even some knights, i don't know from a hole in the wall. Some are new to Dysotopia. I think we should possibly revamp our recruitment policies.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14
 92%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with that, except I'm proably one of the people hardly anyone knows due to the fact that I only started playing dyso again a little while ago now...yes...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no programmer but maybe this is possible. Can someone create a sign on the inside of OSB headquarters that when clicked on gives you a couple of choices 1) Who are the active High Knights 2) Who are the active Knights 3) Who are the active squires. This way we can check in game if there is a question on membership and have a quick reference.

By the way Vurg...
How do you do I am Kalor of Kali-Tyr--Knight of the Order of the Shining Blade. icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too large? Hmm, I think I see your point but currently I know who they all are ... I think your perspective is a bit off, Vurg, because you haven't been around a whole heck of a lot lately. I'm going to have a new roster posted and, in conjunction, cleaning out the usergroup.
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i was a bit off, i was including everyone from the old list, even the non actives i guess...even old weyr, bri's character, oni, lots of other guys, just seemed like that squire suggestion page was going nuts with hi im mr. guy i just became a knight here is my squire oh hes a knight, etc
i still think req. before we squire and before we recruit, etc
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking, I agree with you that before you squire someone and especially before you knight it probably IS a good idea to post something about it in here before doing so unless you know for certain it's a non-issue.
*dragonbane*
Adept

XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only knighted Meriarry Yeal/Anna Dubois , Draku Zarian/Kitana Alkaissi, Muric & Grok. All were great additions to the Order. I think most would agree. If you look at the new list, you will see that the Order is in fact rather modest in its numbers. icon_cool.gif
View users profile Send private message
*dragonbane*
Adept

XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I don't know who this Zachary guy is, but he also made me knight him......who squired this guy anyway!? weirdlook.gif
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: