DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

NEWS FROM THE REALMS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O shut up glorin, Conrad and his men, while ill minded, simply do not feast, many of my friends are in the OSB,

Ogt, would destory Dystotopia, in a matter of days

id rather be a drow slave.
-Nel
Glorin
PostTue 04/08/03 7:46pm
I was simply saying a Drunken Man has done more for Dysotopia than Conrad and his Knights ever have.  Reply with quote

Lord Randall
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now, I dinnae quite expect this... talk o' open revolution against the Order and the King. And on the brink o' disaster as well... I note that while there seems to be a number o' people who wish "tyrany" to end, I also note there be quite a lack o' suggestions on how to accomplish such... though I suppose ye simply had killin' us all in mind.

Allow me to present ye with a scenario. A mixed group o' citizens, some o' which are Order members, confront an invasion force, o' as those from Neverwinter prefered to call it, an exploratory group bent on the simple extradition o' what they perceive to be a criminal. Their evidence... questionable at best fer sure. A stalemate ensues. Many decisions must be made on the spot, and the Order takes charge, lookin' out fer the interests o' the land as well as the accused. At no time was the rest o' the group ever told they were nae allowed to share their opinion, it was simply reasoned that there should be only ONE final voice... mixed signals would not serve in this situation. The entirety o' the group acted in general consensus until such time as a third party... the drow... entered the scene. Baited so, some o' our own... those I suppose ye would refer to them as "free spirits" o' "wantin' to liberate themselves from oppression" acted recklessly, and thus those from Neverwinter were destroyed TO THE MAN. Their actions endanger all o' us. Is this the freedom ye be seekin' then, I would ask? The freedom to simply destroy yerself? The only reason Neverwinter dared act in such a way in the first place is because it views us as you would have it be - a society without organization, a carefree mob o' backwater people that have NO right to take care o' themselves.

If'n ye still view the Order, the Law in general, and what we try to do in a bad light, then allow me this one final thought. If we are to be a mob, as ye would have it, then not only will Neverwinter simply do whatever it wishes concerning us from now on, ye might well fall SUBJECT to them. The blood on the ground the pamphlet speaks o' is nae less mine than it be yers. I dinnae want them here anymore than ye do. But yer proposed collapse o' social order will ensure their invitation and eventual acquisition of Dysotopia, at such time ye will have to abide by THEIR decisions, and last I checked they be harder taskmasters.

But I suppose ye'll just release another pamphlet then... even as Neverwinter grinds ye under it's bootheel.

Cragthor Stonehammer
Servant o' Moradin
Knight o' the OSB
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
PostTue 04/08/03 7:52pm
Sounds like Bullish propaganda to me. Go back to your feasts and learn to speak common more fluently.....  Reply with quote

GTang
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider what was lost by the death of those first delegates: Neverwinter's large appetite for our trade goods. Had an acceptable trade agreement been reached, perhaps the prices for our saleable goods would have risen. With that potential benefit, the sacrifice of a few of our people to appease the Neverwinter folks could be worthwhile. A few individuals, possibly guilty, can be balanced against the greater good.

-Lashana
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Gullener
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You speak of the greater good Lashana, and are willing to sacrafice some possibly guilty members of our community for this. Be aware of what you are saying, possibly guilty means that there is a chance they are not! So you would not be just sacraficing them, you would also sacrafice justice!
Be carefull when you make arguments on the greater good, much evil has been done in its name. It is a dangarous path to take, who knows what to take into account, who knows what is the right calculation? I know I do not, therefore I stick to values, and one of them is that citizens must be proven guilty before punished.

Lyander Ilmas
GTang
Adept

XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call it a better order, if you'd like. Someone was responsible for the deaths. Finding the individuals who would appease the victims' kin's anger is proper. Given fewer provocations, I trust that Neverwinter's more advanced methods of jurisprudence would sufficiently sort out the the truth. The guilty are likely to claim innocence. If the suspects don't turn themselves in as requested, they should be considered guilty.

It's sad that all that trade will be thrown away. And for what? Some disorderly, possibly drunken, vagabonds.

-Lashana
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((from Conrad))

The rantings of Glorin so oft remind one of the bleating of sheep ... much noise with little substance and even less thought, yet always sounding the same. It is easy to tear down the walls of reason with the wreckless rattling of sabres or the beating of war drums ... but propose no solution. We collectively stand at a crossroads where an apparently hostile force seeks to impose its will on us as a people ... as astutely noted by Sir Cragthor, if for no other reason because we are seen as disorganized and without a sense of community or honor. The ... ahem ... heartfelt oratory gymnastics of a Priest of Cyric should give pause to all who value their lives and freedom. Such words should make one question which is served better via hosilities ... the will of our people or the will of the Dark Sun.

The Neverwintans wish to take the accused overseas to stand trial, a move I oppose. I believe in the right of the Neverwintan's to seek justice under the due course of law, but such a trial should be conducted on our soil. The case for diplomacy has already been damaged by the careless actions of some already ... those who cannot (or, perhaps more aptly, will not) hold aggression at bay and demonstrate to the Neverwintans that we are not the animals they seem to believe. Some progress has still been made, however, but the leadership of Neverwinter seems to have bought into the belief that regardless of some talk, we are still little more than well-speaking barbarians.

The avenues of negotiation and diplomacy must be explored and exhausted before a move to war is made. We must maintain the moral and intellectual high ground, to demonstrate beyond any doubt that we are a reasonable and civilized people. We must make it so that if the Neverwintans are indeed bent on war and conquest, then they shall be the ones to strike first at an otherwise peaceful and cooperative society. At that point whatever degree of supposed integrity they have shall be forfeited and we will not hesitate to meet steel with steel. Regardless of the enemies numbers or supplies ... our own honor and duty offer no other alternative.
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Neverwintians consider themselves civilized. Why would they consider trading with "barbarians" like us? And their "appitie for our trade goods" is a nice idea but doesn't exist. We have nothing to offer them that they do not already possess, except our land and our people.

While you are milling in the streets, they are planning for the possibility of war. What will become of you if it happens? Many are too busy marching and complaining to be prepared. *takes a leaflet off the ground, crumples it up, and tosses it in the nearest pool of destruction* And the complaints are old and over used. Will you just grab your weapon and charge to the front? Yes, then you will be one of the first to fall. You won't even slow them down as they step over your corspe.

When it comes down to it, Dysotopia will have to unite under a leadership organization. That doesn't just mean joining together for war. It means we need to start organizing for peace as well. There needs to be a common agenda that is spoken with one voice. Having 20 people all talking at once will get us nowhere we want to be. Of all the organizations in this realm, the OSB is the obvious choice to spearhead negotiations. They are the only guild with a history of exhausing all rational and peaceful solutions before unbrandishing their swords.

Nicha
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I volunteer myself as a diplomatic emissary, but I will do nothing without word from someone with authority. Furthermore, I also volunteer myself to preside over the case if the Neverwinter diplomats would allow such a thing. Please let me know if my services are welcome or not.

humbly yours,
Nei
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*In a Speech in the Kravenwood Estates*

And why not let the Neverwintians hold these criminals for trial? The authorities of these lands so far have been unable to control any criminal activity, are the Neverwintians so wrong to judge us as disorganized? Is it not true that we are barbarians? Look at ourselves, We have none to turn to but ourselves, no leader, This is a state of anarchy we are in, Who says the Neverwintians are wrong to judge us as Barbarians?

But what do we do about it? We have been unable to ever hold a court or punish a crime, what makes you think magically it can be pulled together, and over something as large and controversial as this? Let the Neverwintians take the criminals and do what they will with them. The accused are the ones who have started this whole mess so why not simply send them away? Out of our way, perhaps it will even stop that dreaded war you all fear.

And Mister Hollows sure likes to talk much, when have we ever seen him come to arms? When have we seen the OSB do anything about anything? The OSB continues to claim that it upholds the laws, that they speak for the people. What gives them the right to claim this? Does the positive words of Nel make every action of theirs justified? I think not. I hardly trust the word of an infertile woman who makes up for her inability to have children by possibly kidnapping other's.

The OSB as well as other rag tag groups of Paladins of these lands seem to think that they are the voice of the people, that what they say goes? Who besides a Paladin, or Nel can say they completely agree with what a Paladin does? Such "Noble" souls such as Alec Briteshield and West Windbag...excuse me..Whitewind, have showed nothing but arrogance and disregard for all, occasionally Healing others and giving out .5% of their gold to those who are most likely scammers, is hardly the Will of the People. Hell even I have done those things, if I act as cocky as Mr. Briteshield do i get to become a senator too?

Lets not forget the fact that the Order of the Shining Blade makes little public appearances, and interferes very little with the politics of the land, mainly talking amongst themselves over a feast in the castle...they speak for us though. They are a bureaucracy, face it. Let me remind you of the pasts of the other major Guilds in the service of "Good and Justice". The White Rose? Remember them? Lead by a Half-wit Orc Barbarian and his Quick-tongued but not so comprehensive Paladin of Tempus, Kental? And their reckless pursuit of War with the Lost Guard even when the Guard negotiated for terms of peace? How quickly the Rose's Corruption was revealed once they were put into the limelight? How everyone came to see the True side of the White Rose, their power hungry, greedyness was seen to all, The People saw who spoke for them then, And eventually it became their Downfall.

Using the evidence history has provided us I can see the motives for The Noble Paladin Hollow's actions. He has seen how his former allys fell, and notice how eager he was to bring them into his own guild...How he will even resort to Bribery in the form of valuable items, yes. Mr. Hollows has seen the past, his allys fall, and how it happened. He knows that if his Organization is ever brought into a Wide National Conflict, that soon enough its own corruption will be revealed, His own corruption will be revealed. And it is this in mind that Mr. Hollows wishes to solve things "diplomatically", he now sees an oppurtunity to solve this without all the controversy, without all the attention, Let the OSB decide so that the accused will be judged by their own people, but it is made obvious by the above that the OSB and their "nobility" their bureaucracy hold no representation of the people....so why does Hollows do this? He sees an oppurtunity to clear any doubts, to make himself and his blind followers look like what they claim to be "noble" and the speakers for the people....

But they are not the people, it is the halflings, the humans, the elves, the dwarves, the half-elves, the orcs. It is the Dysotopians who are the people, Let them speak for themselves. The OSB hides itself as well as its corruption, appearing only when they see an oppurtunity to spout their propaganda. Yet never have they done anything for the people, never have they acted in the interests of the people....History is our guide here, Who will Decide for us? Dysotopians or Bureaucrats? Let the people decide not arrogant paladins and their nobility....
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And why not let the Neverwintians hold these criminals for trial? The authorities of these lands so far have been unable to control any criminal activity, are the Neverwintians so wrong to judge us as disorganized? Is it not true that we are barbarians? Look at ourselves, We have none to turn to but ourselves, no leader, This is a state of anarchy we are in, Who says the Neverwintians are wrong to judge us as Barbarians?

Strangely enough, I agree with Glorin on several points. We have no central authority figure, we have no system of justice, Dysotopia is currently barbaric. There is no punishments for the actions of the lawless, one can kill and rob just outside the library of Eleriina, and never recieve punishment!

However, Glorin, you're one of the reasons that Dysotopia has never had a court system. When Isendur, I, and Nel attempted to create one, you attacked it mercilessly with your organization. As for Lord Hollows, we reached out to him for support and recieved none. The Order of the Shining Blade may mean well, but they do not enforce laws, and will not allow anyone else to.

As for the diplomacy, the King should be appointing the diplomats, not Lord Hollows. Unfortunatly, our King seems to have no interest in his kingdom. Hopefully the Neverwinter Army will rule over us fairly, since I doubt negotations will ever succede when we have such a chaotic domestic situation. Thanks to this chaotic situation, we have nothing to offer them. We can't even guarentee thier merchant's safety.
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself still have faith Malakalam, I think we can solve this peacefully. I am willing to give as much of my time as I must to prevent war and preserve the soverignty of this Isle. This place can still change, there is still hope. Please do not turn your back on us so quickly. If the king truely is abdicated then perhaps we can for a government ourselves. We can make a good and fair set of laws and a judicial system. However if the King is still in power I respect his authority and hope with will do whatever is necessary to advert war between these two nations. It is just folly to fight over this matter. There is still hope for rationality and reason to prevail Malakalam, please don't turn your back so quickly.

-Nei
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((as Conrad))

The Order of the Shining Blade has generally not made a practice of announcing its accomplishments because doing so would indeed be viewed by some as pure propaganda. Society has many stripes and flavors, as it has many races and faiths ... each is deserving of its own degrees of acknowledgement and voice. We have always attempted to help those who have needed it, but due to the reckless acts of some ever persistant malefactors, there are simply never enough Knights to right every wrong or deal with every perpetrator. So the propaganda machine dones on and on ... it has before and it shall again.

The Order has not shied from action before when it was needed and it shall not shy from action now, if it is merited. Others may speak their hateful words and attempt to spark the fires of war, but the Order will deal with these issues via the diplomatic channels it knows best, first. If the people are against this, then that much will be readily apparent in time ... and if it is war that the people want, then surely they will get it. It is in this way true that the will of the people will ultimately decide whether diplomacy trumps warmongering.

The right of Glorin to express his views is not in question ... the Order has always been, and shall continue to be, content in letting he and others of his ilk enjoy the sounds of their own voices. We may disagree, but we do believe that they are so entitled to express their views. We also sincerely hope that the people of our land will opt for a more responsible approach rather than the lack of an approach at all.
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm....it seems tallies are rather talkative and like to drag stuff out...

well lemme post this letter again just because i dont think any of you SAW IT!!!!
or are you just ignoring me?

AliZee' wrote:
ATTENTION::

I, AliZee' Malderbrook am going to hand myself over to tha tallie authoritys.
However,
i am NOT guilty of stinky murder, or of a being a stinky thief.
i must be assured of tha tallies honesty and fairness...
in order for tha tallies to do this...for them to show me there sincerity towards justice...
they must give ALL halflings individually tha sum amount of 20k GOLD pieces each.
whether this comes from the neverwinters tallies....or tha dyso's tallies....dosnt matter to me....just that my halfling kin recieve tha said amount, and when they do, i will hand myself over.

awaiting your reply,

AliZee' Malderbrook.

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

Yesterday, the Neverwinter forces again come to our shores demanding the whereabouts of Selven, Alizee, and Hurin. Their leader, Sir Lyons, also made an appearance. After a series of insults hurled toward our good citizens, Lyons' demand for the three was countered by Grok's suggestion of holding a trial on our soil. Lyons seemed willing to at least consider it, if nothing else, for the sake of convenience.

My friends later spoke of strategies for war. However, I might suggest another strategy. I wonder if Lyons has a lover? Perhaps we could reason with that person, who in turn might have leverage on Lyons.

Another approach would be to see if we could sway some of Lyons' own crew. Having been at sea, they would appreciate having a friendly cookout. Something like that might be a win-win for us. If Lyons approves it, the crew thinks we're at least a decent lot. If Lyons disapproves it, then the crew may get cranky at the loss of the potentially nice cookout.

A related approach would be to see if we could get friendly with any staff that Lyons might have brought with him ... cooks, butlers, maids, sanitation engineers, etc. Since Lyons is so ... um ... confident ... he may completely ignore the presence of the workers beneath them. If he treats them as badly as he treats us, it is likely that they are an unhappy lot. If so, they may be willing (perhaps with the right incentives) to divulge information that we may leverage to our advantage.

Tae icon_biggrin.gif
Ng'ree
Adept

XP
EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14
 85%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Earedia,

I have searched the land to find some form of Elven Authority, however I have found no-one in the territory, most elves have gone from the lost woods. The shadows of war have forced the elven population to retreat. With the number of my kind who roam these lands and have called Dysotopia home, it would be nice to have an elven representation in the treaty negociations or take part of the war.

I had embarqued to locate the tree of life to ask our elders for help, alas after maint days of searching, and tracking I have not been sucessful at finding them.
Maybe the rest of us Elves will have to rely on the humans to negociate, however please do not let them keep building until all of the forests within Dysotopia are gone. In the mean-time I will keep looking for the elders, there must be an elven village and an some authoritative figures within it. If any of you have heard of such please let me know as it would greatly help the negociations.

Gnobi Chaos Moon Clan
Stupidest Gobo on Dyso
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

I am an Elf and would be happy to join you in search of kin. However, we are a diverse people ... from the Sea to the Underdark. I myself do not fit neatly into the common Elven divisions, as my aunt claims that I am descended from the Volcano Elves. Perhaps it is this pluralism that keeps us scattered. If you wish to convene a counsel of Elven-folk, I would support you in that endeavor.

Ng'ree wrote:
From Earedia,

I have searched the land to find some form of Elven Authority, however I have found no-one in the territory, most elves have gone from the lost woods. The shadows of war have forced the elven population to retreat. With the number of my kind who roam these lands and have called Dysotopia home, it would be nice to have an elven representation in the treaty negociations or take part of the war.

I had embarqued to locate the tree of life to ask our elders for help, alas after maint days of searching, and tracking I have not been sucessful at finding them.
Maybe the rest of us Elves will have to rely on the humans to negociate, however please do not let them keep building until all of the forests within Dysotopia are gone. In the mean-time I will keep looking for the elders, there must be an elven village and an some authoritative figures within it. If any of you have heard of such please let me know as it would greatly help the negociations.

Tae icon_razz.gif
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVERWINTER NEWS BRIEFS --

It has been reported that Sir Raphael Lyons has agreed to allow the trial of the accused murderers AliZee, Hurin, and Selven to take place on Dysotopian soil. While this decision was met with some outrage on the streets of Neverwinter, where the people demanded to see justice take place, Sir Lyons assured reporters by messenger that this decision is for the best of all concerned.

"It is my belief," Lyons said, "that perhaps I have misjudged some of this land a bit harshly. I have had negotiations with their Order of Shining Blade representatives and even their half-bred Orcs are capable of reason and intellect. This Order has asked repeatedly for me to be benevolent enough to allow the trial to happen here on their island and I gave it much thought. As a matter of pure convenience, I believe it shall work ... as I and my men grow tired of this affair. As a condition of my magnaminous decision, however, I demanded the right to choose the judge ... and after careful research, I have placed Raiko Henflyer in this position. Raiko comes to me as a highly regarded Priest of Lathander and who better to shed the light onto the process of justice than a MorningKnight?"

In other news ...

Rumors abound that a lost relative of the Island-King Geshtal has been living amongst us in Neverwinter for many years without incident or notice. It has also been rumored that this relative has been summoned to the island of Dysotopia to step into the mantle of Crown Prince and handle affairs while their King is currently incapacitated. The name of this newly minted monarch has not been revealed, but it has been said that he has spent many years as a merchant marine as well as privateer on the high seas. More details when available.
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is wonderful news! Congratulations are in order to Raiko as well. From our meeting last night I would've never guessed that you had any interest in law, but I'm always excited to see someonen who is. Congratulations and good luck. May Tyr guide your decision.
M-K
PostSun 04/20/03 3:27pm
Nei look up and spell for me A N N E X A T I O N  Reply with quote

Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my... I guess I was so happy over the first part, I didn't even think about the second part... That is a concerning thought. Perhaps some intelligence work is in order. We need to find out their true intentions, they could be telling the truth still. Thank you for sobering me up, sometimes my optimism takes over.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((actually I perhaps wasn't clear in the second part ... the crown prince figure is not being summoned by Neverwinter forces ... but was summoned by King Geshtal's contacts in search of someone to assume day to day administration of the Kingdom until such time that the King is able to do so himself. This person is, however, apparently from Neverwinter himself))
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiko Henflyer wrote:
I admit that in my time at Neverwinter Keep, I often questioned if my studies as a wizard would even help in coming times. I always questioned if I would even be able to conquer the next task, or if I would even live through one more night's rest down the hall from the Lord Nasher's chambers.

But but... if Raiko is a Neverwinterian, then really we have been duped by Sir Lyons. He has merely appointed a Neverwinter citizen who has emigrated to this island. Why do politicians always have to try these underhanded tactics to get away with things. This is so frusterating! Do not be decieved people Sir Lyons is not magnaminous, but instead another sly politician seeking to decieve us all. It would've been better if he would've come straight out and said that he was choosing a Neverwinter official. I suppose we really have no choice, but my respect for this Sir Lyons is greatly diminished.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now hold! Raiko may well hail from Neverwinter, but that does not make him bias.

As a priest of Lathander he is obliged to uphold absolute fairness in all situations. He's Lawful Neutral, afterall.

And although Sir Lyons may be sly, he has done nothing to sway Raiko's decision, merely came to him and asked him to be a judge in the trial.
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean nothing against you Raiko, I hope you do hear the case fairly and objectively, I just feel rather betrayed by Sir Lyons saying that he'd hire a Dysotopian citizen, and ends up hiring one who worked long in the service of Lord Nasher hiself...
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not work in service of Lord Nasher to my will.

My order requested that I work beneath him, and with his mages, so as to increase my mastery of arcane arts. Lord Nasher's libraries are vast, you know.
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*in frantic writing* I know I've been a little iffy about this trial, but I just had a conversation with Raiko. The thing is we were not alone, he was also knowingly meeting with a member of the Jury, furthermore we were discussing the case. Finally he also said that he would and I quote "stand and fight for neverwinter, even if the lands are foreign." People of Dysotopia, something is severley wrong here!

edit: spelling

Last edited by Nei on Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total
Glorin
PostMon 04/21/03 12:14am
The OSB is so good at these negotiations and fighting for the will of the people, aren't they?  Reply with quote

M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Order Of Supercillious Bas***** put your own appropiate ending....Is very good and quick to claim credit.To strut Preen be generally overbearing and arrogant when talking to us poor people.To assume we should respect there inaction.Oh youre very good at having meetings considering things starting to put plans into effect....but what do all those platitudes you trot out sum up too ??.
That you weasel around and do nothing. Oh except give the Island away to NW.
Who rescued the Children from the Sweat shop operating under there very noses....the OSB err NO
Who reunited the Kidnapped with their families the OSB err NO we were having a meeting Quote....we would have acted WHEN after another week when more had died.
Who uncovered the plot in the Fields of Kraven err OSB err NO
Who stopped Nels acts the OSB err NO *Omen* though they have as usual claimed credit for soomet they didnt do.
Who ended the dock strike in Elerina the OSB err NO again.
Who turned the Hordes of Myrkul from the Kraven lowlands the OSB err no
Who removed the mummy hordes attacking the travellers in the Crypts and nearby the OSB err no.

Who allowed the NW troops to Land the OSB
Who promised they wouldnt the OSB
Who allowed the NW troops to walk into Elerina without protest the OSB
Who allowed the NW troops to gaurd the poisener of the Haflings certain members of the OSB
Who allowed a NW loyal servant of Nasher to be judge the OSB
Who has members from NW the OSB
Who found this oh mystrerious missing heir in NW the OSB

why were the OSB in NeverWinter anyway?
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: