DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Introductions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Introductions Reply with quote

I am not one to beat around the bush, as Muric has mentioned in other posts. I have been in the OSB for a time now, and still feel ill adjusted to the guild and its members. I am hoping thought this post that everyone will get to know me a little better and those feelings will pass.

I grew up as one of the three sisters born to an aristocratic, well to do family. I am the oldest, followed by Loslin the fair, and Annika the brave. Being a sort of tomboy, I learned the ways of the sword and shield from my paladin Father, while I received strict instruction of the ways of a lady from my Mother. I learned to be deadly only when necessary, while maintaining a high level of modestly and patience.

I was the first to venture from our family homestead out into the world. A boat brought me to Dysotopia, where I first met Muric. While he was fleeing his homeland, I had no such fears. I wanted to just explore and experience everything around me. Muric helped me do that, and also introduced me to the Order of the White Rose. There, I became like a sister to many of the members. Their goals and mine were similar, so we made a good match. I have always been driven to help others around me, and the WR gave me a base of friends for which to do that.

Eventually, though, things changed for me. What I wanted and what other members wanted were no longer the same things. Incidents weren't handled like I thought they should be, and my frustrations grew. I also began to feel as if I was being taken for granted. My opinions didn't seem to matter, and only my sword was needed. Around this time, Loslin had come of age and was ready for her own adventures. I suggested she come to the island and I would help her acclimate. After she had established herself within the populous, I decided it was time for me to move on.

I went out into the wilds of other realms, seeking new adventures and experiences. In many of the new lands, I kept my paladin training a secret, opting instead to concentrate on more of the fighter aspects to keep me alive. The groups I found myself in the midst of were hardy, rugged warriors that believed in honor only if it kept them alive. I saw many horrendous things and evil hatred between people. That changed me. I am no longer the meek and naive paladin of old. I have lived and survived on my own wit, strength, and determination.

I am not your typical paladin. The fighter in me has run rampant for a long while, too long perhaps. Now, I am struggling to rein those feelings back in and regain my former composure. I am sure my Mother would be appalled to see me now, but I am trying. And that is what I want all of you to know. I am trying.

Nicha
View users profile Send private message
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14
 92%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, good to know. I haven't had the chance to get to know many of you, through fault of my own...largely. In any case, it is truly gladdening that you try, for ultimately it is the effort that one puts in that is the most important. I'm glad to make your aquaintance, in any case...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must...kill...muric...and...steal...nicha...from...him....ugghhhhhhhhhh!!!
icon_smile.gif
Nicha is the best everyone, anyone says anything else they come to me!
hehehe!!!

Vurgy
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
expansia
PostMon 04/07/03 10:35pm
*throws back her head and laughs* Good luck with that, Vurg. You'd probably have an easier time defeating Muric than carrying me off.  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
PostTue 04/08/03 1:18am
This is true. icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: