DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

death for no reason...

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
SunTzi
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 7 / 13 EXP: 7 / 13 EXP: 7 / 13
 53%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: death for no reason... Reply with quote

I have been having several death situations up to now for wich they were no reasons... After talking to some others they had the same thing happen to them as well...
Yesterday after a reset i logged in played 10min in Topaz..died for no reason... got ressed by a party member 5min later same thing happens again.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/album_view.php?id=570

I took screeshots of it. No explaining messages...I dont know if a script is running rampage or sth. Yesterday seemed a pretty bad day for this script for two another colleagues of mine died the same way for aparently no reason. I dont know if they took screenshots aswell...but for the part of starving...he ate jsut before he died.

Maybe anyone can gimme an reason for why this is happening... its really frustrating to see all that xp gone wasted.

Thanks.
BriHurley
PostWed 04/09/03 12:07pm
Hmm could it be death magic from a Kobold???  Reply with quote

SunTzi
Adept

XP
 53%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO i am imune vs kobolds deathmagic in 2ways...first the belt and second my fort is too high... AND there were no enemies nearby... we were standing next to each other talking bang dead i was.
Y
PostWed 04/09/03 12:20pm
do you have the full Screen shot ? and the part before what you posted?  Reply with quote

SunTzi
Adept

XP
 53%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am searching it right now...but normaly if i convert them they are gone...they are too huge too keep. But if i dont fid it i am sure it will happen agian and i am gonna post the full screenshot than.
SunTzi
Adept

XP
 53%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well havent found the complete ones to the previous postet...but i have a new one from just a couple of minutes ago. As to be seen the Healer is dead. Shamane died before him. I had 180+ hp left. It was getting laggy so i started getting rid of all the corpses i produced....Just when I startet I went dead.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/album_view.php?id=572

If you want to ahve the complete unmodified tga tell me. I kept it this time.
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could it be that it sees taking things from corpes as stealing from a dead player?
when this happend before were you also clearing corpes then?
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
SunTzi
Adept

XP
 53%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm when i start thinking of it....probably yes. Its my standart procedure to get rid of them...its way faster than burning and is reducing the lag i get...

So if I put sth. into a corpse and take it out that is dealt as pp a dead devorer? I kept doing that for its the fastest way of getting rid of the corpses...
DaHunter
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar thing happen. Was in the Kravenwood path, killed a troll and was resting. Server crashed, when it restarted and I logged back on I was dead. The server was real laggy then, maybe a creature came and killed me before I even saw it on my screen or as the server was going down...? Dunno.
View users profile Send private message
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

Well odd that you mention this, it happened to me one day. I had died in battle and respawned after my five minutes. I was in heaven and transported to Eleriina. When I arrived at the rift gate in Eleriina, everything was fine. I ran to the inn, and as I walked in the inn door I dropped dead. No messages. Was on 40% hungry. Did not have a weapon in my hand, so it wasn't the guards no "put your weapon away" chatter on screen.

I figured it was because I had died and perhaps there was lag. It didn't happen again, and I was raised immediately as if by a DM. I did lose exp and gold from the second death however.

Weird.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Lemli, dwarves are slow sometimes icon_mrgreen.gif The screenshot explicitly says that you're dead because thieving from dead player bodies is not allowed. And I guess it's because of your fetish for stuffing dead devourers with gold necklaces and then burning them
Briss
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 4 / 20 EXP: 4 / 20 EXP: 4 / 20
 20%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm Reply with quote

gaea106 wrote:
Well odd that you mention this, it happened to me one day. I had died in battle and respawned after my five minutes. I was in heaven and transported to Eleriina. When I arrived at the rift gate in Eleriina, everything was fine. I ran to the inn, and as I walked in the inn door I dropped dead. No messages. Was on 40% hungry. Did not have a weapon in my hand, so it wasn't the guards no "put your weapon away" chatter on screen.

Same I just died in Eleriina twice for no reason with out warning inside te city

Brissa, the dippsy druid.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
BriHurley
PostWed 04/09/03 4:36pm
HMM from looking at the screen shot it looks like you tried to loot a player corpse? Did you?  Reply with quote

dreamin'
Hero

XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he did not. I saw it happen more than once to him and drorry. It's their bad habit of stuffing dead trolls or devourers with silver and gold necklaces.
It seems as if the script thinks that this is an attempt to loot a dead player.
SunTzi
Adept

XP
 53%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...thanks for that advice... I will never ever do that again.... Damn it...couldnt you have told me that when i was diing icon_smile.gif l
GRRRR..Halflings icon_smile.gif
*sniff*
SunTzi
Adept

XP
 53%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just fort he record...i thought it would be the regular death message...i kept getting this deaths so often... How should i know icon_sad.gif
*all poking on the dead dwarfs... *
Romulus II
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11
 27%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes! i thought i was the only one!! icon_biggrin.gif i died three times today for no apparent reason! i tryed reporting to DM but was ignored icon_cry.gif
i think it may be from logging out of er with weapons still equiped...well maybe, but i woke up dead in crypts as well
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dm's sometimes just want to kill you, then it happens icon_wink.gif

No I think they just misclick and use kill instead of examine.... LOL then quickly res you and log off!!

yeah thats it
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Romulus II
PostSun 04/13/03 9:56am
Hehe good to know im in safe hands.... icon_rolleyes.gif  Reply with quote

pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I might have a suggestion for this madness.

This kind of stuff would happen to me alot, especially with trolls... and I think this is why.

I would buff up my Const. and then procede to get hit by posion or somthing that lowered it. Upon resting my all my buffs would shoot off and my health would infact be negative now. I mean, maybe this isn't it. I dunno, it seems like you all are just dieing like flies so i dunno.

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Bugs - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: