DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What's your favorite version of Dyso?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

When did you enjoy dyso the most?
Local Vault
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Just after LV when it became SV
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
That time when Gesh left for his honeymoon and there was a wipe (Oct-Nov)
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
December to the end of 2.x
42%
 42%  [ 15 ]
3.x
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: What's your favorite version of Dyso? Reply with quote

It's been asked about by several people, and I myself would like to know what everyone's favorite version of dyso was.

Myself I prefer older dyso, LV and just after LV up to about November-December. Those were the best times for me.

This may also perhaps give Bri an idea of what kind of dyso the players want. After all, what is a server without its players?

Cast your votes....... now.

Griff
Jon316
PostSun 05/04/03 6:50pm
Local Vault.

Stand Alone.

Raven
PostSun 05/04/03 7:29pm
3.x cause I hardly remember the other ones anymore.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostSun 05/04/03 8:08pm
i think its a little unfair since most of the people now have just come to dyso and only know 3.xa.  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, when I joined till December. That's about just after the first wipe....

It's all because of the stupid players just powergaming. icon_sad.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I liked the one pre-wipe- minus the 'im better than you at dueling' bit, simply because I was forced to make such a character so I could defend myself IC properly.

The RP back then was excellent.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
PostMon 05/05/03 10:27am
Definately 2.x  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 05/05/03 11:11am
Oct-Nov was when I reached my peak of fun, I think. icon_confused.gif  Reply with quote

gaea106
PostMon 05/05/03 3:27pm
2.x  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
PostMon 05/05/03 8:09pm
Oh come ON. WIth the changes to the XP system, isn't 3.x almost like 2.x now anyways, only with more lands to explore and creatures?! Yes, it is.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 05/05/03 8:22pm
lets all be happy  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969 wrote:
Oh come ON. WIth the changes to the XP system, isn't 3.x almost like 2.x now anyways, only with more lands to explore and creatures?! Yes, it is.

You seem to have a "on paper this will work" attitude. True, if the xp system has changed back to how it was in 2.x, then 3.x is better in theory. But in practice, things often have a habit of not turning out as you planned them to.

Most people are choosing 2.x, because that's when all the best players were around the most, and things were a lot better. Adding a few areas to the module doesn't necessarily make it better. For me, it's how many of the older players that I knew from the start are still here. I'd enjoy dyso a lot more if everyone was just leveled to a specific level and are stuck at it. That way no one will go "hunting" for xp and will spend more time roleplaying.

It would be better if a cap was put on your max level. Like for instance, after the next wipe, for the first week you can reach level 5 say, then at the start of the second week the cap gets raised to level 6, and so on. Less time would be spent xp grabbing and more time actually roleplaying.

Griff
Glorin
PostMon 05/05/03 10:01pm
now THATS an idea!!  Reply with quote

Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.x its all about 3.x I love it I use to hate it but now I love it reasons

1. I have noticed taht we haev lost half and half of RPers and PGers in truth.

2. now I will not die for not haveing the best stuff in the module.

3. Dm events... this allows everyone to have a fair chance at recieving items that will mkae them better.

4. the Dms in total are a blast icon_biggrin.gif it seems I am being hunted down by hells army now.... *grummbles* why cant they come in more force.

5. icon_biggrin.gif I have gotten to know Gorb, Acess D or Y as he is on the forums, and Sidd (Conrad) icon_biggrin.gif well with Sidd I am getting along with him now then from before icon_biggrin.gif when I would mess up with wall pushing when I was bored and stuff like that.... Newaz

6. the Xp system actually challenges you now, the Xp being good until you hit level 15 is awesome I love it and I have already said thanks to Bri, on behalf of the whiners, for it since I know the Whiners would never suck it up and say so.

7. ......................... dont ask about 7 I decided not to say it icon_biggrin.gif but its awesome too ask me abotu it IC some time.

8. I have proved many wrong and brought a Wizard off of eastern Isle at level 5 before changes ALONE no help (seeeeeeee it can be done)

thats it I think so my votes on 3.x
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It would be better if a cap was put on your max level. Like for instance, after the next wipe, for the first week you can reach level 5 say, then at the start of the second week the cap gets raised to level 6, and so on. Less time would be spent xp grabbing and more time actually roleplaying.

Damn that's a really fine idea! Seriously! Make it an own topic! kiss.gif kiss.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
DM_Logic
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will admit that I did enjoy 2.x and yes all I did was power game to get my 20th level. After I got to 20th I started to RP more and more. The real credit goes to when I joined thet Scamps that really put some life into the whole RP thing for me. It kinda gave me some direction to my RP. I am not saying I am a good RP'er but least it gave me a base to work from.
I am starting to enjoy 3.x though, there has been lots of DM events and thats what makes 3.x. I do enjoy all the events that have been going on. Death is a little tougher to take now. Whereas in 2.x I would say"Well I can make that up in no time." Now I some times think DOH! Thats gonne leave a mark! Man! yesterday was not a good day for the exp meter. I died four times! Darkovn got me twice, Glorin got me real good. Hehe that was real nice set up by the way Glorin. I also died in a event. Funny though I didn't even think twice about all the deaths I suffered when we was sorting out all the loot! Give and take thats all it is. As Pete would say "A good pay check makes all the troubles go away."
View users profile Send private message
Sep
PostTue 05/06/03 3:08pm
Yes, that was a battle on an epic scale. I was actually sitting there going "AAAA" outloud at my desk. Truly a fearsome array of enemies.  Reply with quote

Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, epic is the best word for it. Never even gave a second thought about dying (other than how I died ... instadeath while wearing death protect???), rather I just wanted to get res'd and back in the battle. Never even checked until about an hour later how much exp I lost, and you know what I didn't and don't care. Was truly fun!!!
Sep
PostTue 05/06/03 5:16pm
Yes, I died twice, but I didnt care one bit. It was great to see us all band together and fight alongside each other.  Reply with quote

Amused Frog
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam! This is what I don't like, living in britain means I miss DM events unless I stay on until 3 in the morning icon_wink.gif .

But 3.x, I joined Dyso during 2.x, and then only made my proper stuck to character about a month before the wipe. During that time though, I had some great RPing experiences and after the wipe, now people are respectable levels, they all are RPing as much as before the wipe, making playing fun again.

Whn I'm not in Topaz with freinds levelling anyway...
Aw shucks icon_wink.gif

ff1hand.gifImage03.gifImage31.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: