DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Torture

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Show signatures  
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Torture Reply with quote

In Dyso:
Say your best friend is running from the law, ur taken to jail by the authortities and in the jail cell you are tortured to try and get you to talk...
now we all know that if u lose a few hp or constitution, ur not gunna talk, because ooc u know that u lose nothing really from it, and ur not about to risk ur best friends life because u lost a few HP, sad but true.

so the original idea was to have the torture device drain exp, which it currently does, When you lose your precious exp then you may be a little more inclined to reveal where u friend is, seeing as u actually lose somethign of value, and if you decide that your paladin or whomever is too honorable to reveal his friend's position and will sit through the torture then thats good rp, if your char is too weak willed then thats also good rp. other than people losing hp and never speaking at all cuz they never...well you understand.

Anywho....With the new Xp system lvl 20 is now reachable and eventually everyone or atleast most people will get to that point, which makes the XP draining torture device useless. and lets those lvl 20s run around thinking they are invincible to the tools of the law...

so i ask you the question, what are you most afraid of losing?
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
PostSun 05/11/03 4:19am
Why not allow it to drain levels? I've seen it done, when the xp reaches the borderline, it drops a level, then goes back to draining xp.  Reply with quote

Raven
PostSun 05/11/03 4:08pm
Then EVERYONE would be talking. No matter what.  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really need anything new, because if this is done to a good RPer, you only need to SAY what you are doing. If something is drained for real then it's not RP anymore. It's more like PG.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Idea....Even though lvl 20 is reachable now, it is a painfully slow process so xp is still very valuable. I think it would addd to the game icon_twisted.gif .
View users profile Send private message
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes, to an extent it would be a good addition.

I believe for level 20s, they should stop draining after 10,000 xp. I mean in RL, you're not going to chop off limb after limb- you're just going to maim them enough so they will talk.

Besides, 10k is more than enough me thinks.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I mean in RL, you're not going to chop off limb after limb- you're just going to maim them enough so they will talk.

Speak for yourself,i love chopping off limb after limb. It takes special skill to keep your victim alive and preferably awake during the whole procedure. It's not that they'll talk because they fear death, they merely need to fear the excrusiating pain i will inflict on them for hours on end that 'll make them talk.
View users profile Send private message
Spears
PostFri 05/23/03 9:31am
icon_eek.gif Sadist?  Reply with quote

RedStorm
PostFri 05/23/03 2:22pm
Ester eggs
WTF,where did i come from

Jon316

XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have an idea, how about making a device like a brain sucker or something so that if you knock someone out (bleeding and disabled) after tying them up in RP terms, you can drain the knowledge from their brains (get xp from them while they don't loose anything) and the device is called a DM???

LOL

that would be some neet RP i think, like a mind flayer or something similar.. mmm.....
Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 05/23/03 4:34pm
Heh, you know Jon if that were to actually happen, people would be PKing ALL THE TIME!  Reply with quote

Jon316
PostSat 05/24/03 3:41pm
then it would add an action flavor to the game, and give a cause for some good rping killers heh heh, make pvp more interesting eh?  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, how about putting them in a jail with two creatures casting darkness and dispel all the time. this would annoy them to death and is bad for their eyes *Wicked laugh* icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that might work, but instead cast that truly obnoxious spell from the 2da known only as. ... "Sphere of Chaos" and that will make them talk, in a hurry icon_mrgreen.gif
Drudley
PostMon 05/26/03 7:18am
Spheare of Chaos has an animation?  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it does, last time i seen it it did anyway, was a wacky smoke filles orb with little snakes all around it, when it hit it went and did some wild stuff like the wild magic back in bg2
Drudley
PostMon 05/26/03 7:48am
Neat! icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Worldbuilders All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: