DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Everyones the same
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Everyones the same Reply with quote

I finally found the guy on the boat, near the uhhh lizard things. I was looking at all the armors he had, so many diffrent kinds and colors. Then i look at other people and everyone has the same really. How come no one has the white dragon armor and stuff?? Or do they all really look the same and I just dont know it?
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sajin wears the robe of ecectrical resistance, and it looks good on him as he is supposed to be a suave charming bard who shows off his chest. He does have a padded armor in case things get too rough and he needs to run away.

He is PRETTY!
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, ha! I saw ya out there Norrec. Well, I can say my character has several "suits." But the Red Dragon Armor in Kravenwood is probably the best. In fact, a pretty good rule of thumb (there are exceptions) is to get your armor from Kravenwood and your weapons from Pringel on the ship in the Iondonna Coast. As for magic items... look at both places 'cause Kravenwood is cheaper. In fact... do this with any item you consider buying from Pringel!
View users profile Send private message
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost *all* the different armors and many of the more powerful weapons will appear different. Most people don't use different types from one another simply because not all of them are that great when compared to a particular armor type for your class. Take the Robes of the Shining Hand for example. They are really the only way to go for a Monk (unless you take the Robes of the Dark Moon).

There are exceptions, but for the most part it's just that there a few suits that are just plain better than the rest.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody looks teh same because everyone wants to be as powerful as possible. And it's roleplay... Image03.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, would a half-orc barbarian be more concerned about how he looks or would he be more concerned that he has the BADDEST armor and weapons he can find?

You know, I've been thinking about making him walk around town naked from now on! icon_mrgreen.gif
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbarians...aren't those more or less meant to use light or medium armor (about studded leather kind)? I am quite sure everyone uses full plate...am I wrong or do I have to call the powergaming inquisition again?
Norrec
PostThu 05/15/03 10:35pm
I use Medium armor and large shield....

So.... basicaly.... everyone just wants to PG? Who would not want to have 10AC vs Dragons?

Ectovult
PostThu 05/15/03 10:49pm
There are no Powergamers in Dyso Image03.gif  Reply with quote

Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power Gaming is a fact of any game. People want the full extent of a game, and no matter what, even if it means Bugbears yeild 10 experience at level one, there will always be powergamers.

You cannot ask to have it impossible to power game without losing massive amounts of players.

EDIT: Adding on-topic post

Nemor, people just want to have good weapons and armor. I don't have any clue as to why, but I can make a guess that it has to do with someone getting them and causing a chain reaction of people accquiring an item after one person introduces that item.

For instance: Gauntlets of Blinding Strike, Ioun Stones.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Barbarians...aren't those more or less meant to use light or medium armor (about studded leather kind)? I am quite sure everyone uses full plate...am I wrong or do I have to call the powergaming inquisition again?

Yeah! Bring 'em on! But be sure to dress 'em in medium and light armors, okay? 'Cause we're here waitin' for ya in da' full-plates!

Seriously, though... the manual says they normally wear medium and light armor... that is true... so why are they allowed to take a heavy armor feat? I mean, what's the point of allowing it if they aren't meant to use it? In fact, I gave him a high dex based on that said paragraph because I thought he wouldn't be ABLE to use heavy armor.

As it is, my barb has a dex of 16 so he normally wears the dragon armor to utilize that dex bonus. So, you see, when he wears heavy armor, he loses most of his dex bonus that could have been put in strength instead!

I've been looking for decent medium and/or light armor with bonus specs that rival the heavy stuff. It either just isn't in Dyso or I have overlooked it. Got any ideas on medium or light suits that can rival the heavies in regard to added bonuses?

And don't start, Kindo!! icon_lol.gif I know what you want to say... "wy should the added bonuses matter unless you are a power gamer?" My reply: because barbs don't give a rats ass about how they look or smell... they just want the baddest weapons and armor they can find so they can kill stuff better! What else is there for a barb to do aside from running around and playing with halflings? weirdlook.gif

Hey, I know! He can infiltrate the OSB and put himself in a political position to administer rule in Kravenwood! icon_rolleyes.gif
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif

It just brings a tear to my eye when I see a barb who actually uses something else than the heaviest full plate there is. They look much cooler in medium/light, and it's also a bit more realistic or something. Oh well...

*is tempted to create a barb*
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you lot blind, Cleo is on all the time, and only uses mid armours. Bah to blind ppl. I think the only RP exception to this rule would be to use orcish FP, but that is.

Technically under PnP you should lose uncanny dodge and movement speed with heavy armour, not sure about rage.

Last edited by Uin on Fri May 16, 2003 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total
Kindo
PostFri 05/16/03 12:14am
You're so cute when you get upset, Uin. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It just brings a tear to my eye when I see a barb who actually uses something else than the heaviest full plate there is. They look much cooler in medium/light, and it's also a bit more realistic or something...

icon_cool.gif Agreed! That is why I am endlessly searching Dyso for decent medium or light armor. I'm open to suggestions. icon_question.gif
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure there was a leather armor called Black Dragon or something. It's Red and black...I think.

Bah, a Studded +2 is cool enuff. If that's the red:ish one...
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Are you lot blind, Cleo is on all the time, and only uses mid armours. Bah to blind ppl. I think the only RP exception to this rule would be to use orcish FP, but that is.

Who is Cleo? icon_redface.gif

Bah! to blind people? Bigot! icon_lol.gif [jk]

Orcish FP? That could work considering my barb is half-orc.

So, any suggestions on decent medium or light suits?
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are decent Mid Armours, my fave armour in the game is the Elemental Chain, a Chainmail from gloth.
Even before gloth you have the Chromatic Breastplate which is quite good (+3 10/- fire acid cold) and Dragon Armour (+5 +3uniST). Both of these also look decent too.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Bah, a Studded +2 is cool enuff. If that's the red:ish one...

It's cool and my barb has and wears it when not in a serious battle. Otherwise, it just doesn't help much when you're hired to help kill the Dark Lord, or something!
not_so_unique
PostFri 05/16/03 12:23am
Thanks, Uin. He uses Dragon armor in battle most of the time.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
PostFri 05/16/03 12:28am
I just wear whatever I can afford, which generally isn't much. How are you people getting all your money :/  Reply with quote

not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

How are you people getting all your money :/

Ha, Ha, Ha! Will keep you safe in return for gold (or preferably shiney stones)!
Cherrn
PostFri 05/16/03 12:49am
Uin is right. And yes Barbarians also loose their rage ability while wearing heavy armour.  Reply with quote

not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to pull this off topic with the discussion of barbs. There are lotsa armors and you can wear 'em for whatever purpose you choose, last I heard.

Dragon armor looks cool, is reasonably effective, and it's medium (for hard core RP'ers).

Think I'll get me a jester's robe for wearing about town or just go in the buff! How's that? icon_lol.gif
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barbarians loose their rage abilith while wearing heavy armor, funny how i always pvped with an 18 barb 2 fighter and if i didnt hae my leet ownage items i could always buy some heavy plate to add max ac and stuff and then rage to get extra strength in those tight wad pvp servers that dont allow custom items except for standard story items, funny indeed, unless oh, you mean in the D&D rules right? sure but this isnt D&D hardcore, many many bugs, like skill point stacking.... -_-

god why does it have to be such a flop for some of the rules that would have only made it better?!?
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

er.. Barbarians lose thier rage ability in armor? since when?
In 3e, the only disadvantage to wearing heavy armor as a barbarian is the loss of fast movement. -- At least thats all I'm seeing in my players handbook.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously dude, cherrn is a little bit confused i think, the supposed all knowledge person got it wrong for once, what a shock, evil cherrn!!!! you were wrong! ok now thats outta the way, no one cares if someone screws up so leave it at that, barbs are fun regardless.... excellent rp opportunities.... heh
Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 05/16/03 6:12am
Hmm... sounds like you should read about my 'Cookie Cutters On Dyso' post that I made in the compaints forum awhile ago.  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course when you go into battle you want best protection to keep your character safe- if I went to battle I know I would.

But whilst in town, I would wear something more befitting my character- yes I do use the white dragon armour for West for RP purposes. Other than that, I play it safe by wearing Jeshan armour.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostFri 05/16/03 10:44am
You guys crack me up! icon_lol.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: