DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Timestop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
X
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20
 80%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

actually timestop does NOT stop time, it just speeds you up to an unbelievable speed. also according to the real rules both protection from evil and protection from good make you immune to any effect done during timestop.

Quote:

solo is completely right about timestop, if you had any D&D knowledge at all besides the newfound lamers that just started playing a D&D game, you would know that timestop speeds you up by 10 10thousandths... effectively making you faster than the speed of light times 10...

And how on earth is

"actually timestop does NOT stop time" Expressing a view, its simply stating a fact, i questioned this and showed that in the manuel, it is wrong.

Then youself posts this

"solo is completely right about timestop" That is not expressing a view its stating a fact, how can you accuse us of ignorning other views, maybe facts that we prooved to be questionable yes.

And finally no, my knowledge is up to scratch but im allowed to state what was in the manuel by the creators and that is something that cannot be argued againt..

And this is off topic, so i sugest you leave it there. icon_rolleyes.gif

Fear is nothing without power
Sariia - A Sister of "The Red Rose"
Eastern Winds - Palidin of Tyr
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
x and raven you F***ing jerk offs, figures some asshole wont even consider the other persons point of view, whatever.

solo is completely right about timestop, if you had any D&D knowledge at all besides the newfound lamers that just started playing a D&D game, you would know that timestop speeds you up by 10 10thousandths... effectively making you faster than the speed of light times 10...

lametards, god dang reading their posts pissed me off, assinine idiots..

Hey f*** you. First off, speed of light isn't even mentioned in the handbook. Second, if you speed up at 10/10000, what the hell does it change? You would be 0.0001 times faster than you usually are.

The game doesn't need to respect your precious little f***ing D&D rules.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
x and raven you F***ing jerk offs, figures some asshole wont even consider the other persons point of view, whatever.

Let's say your little rule is right and Bioware fucked it up. If you are 10000000 times faster than you normally are, then relatively, the time is travelling so slow to a point where it's physical impacts are negligeable. Therefore, time is STOPPED.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
x and raven you F***ing jerk offs, figures some asshole wont even consider the other persons point of view

And why aren't you considering our points of view you f***cking jerkoff, lametard, assinine idiot?

Last edited by Raven on Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total
X
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20
 80%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif

Fear is nothing without power
Sariia - A Sister of "The Red Rose"
Eastern Winds - Palidin of Tyr
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:

Do you know how many D&D rules are ignored or changed in NWN? There is absolutely NO point going for the original ones. NWN is only "based" on D&D rules. Wizards of the Coast didn't put a gun to Bioware's head imposing every little detail to be implemented.

Everything in this thread was going ok until you and your little rant got in.
X
PostSun 06/01/03 4:57pm
*Claps and cheers*, Calls the cheerleaders round

*Go Raven Go * Go Raven Go, Go Raven Go Go, Go raven Go*

Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man you people do not know when to stop, YOU'RE WRONG, live with it!

And saying it's stopped when one person on the planet can act 100000000000000 times faster than the rest is not right either, since everything else is moving the same speed as normal
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell do you mean we are wrong? We are not wrong. We look at things from Bioware's adaptation's point of view. There is no right or wrong.

If a person can act 1 000 000 000 faster than the rest, then time is relatively stopped for him. So what if everything else is the same speed as normal? To him, a second is the length of his life. From a his practical point of view, time is stopped.

Last edited by Raven on Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total
Raven
PostSun 06/01/03 8:27pm
Even if we are "wrong", it doesn't give him the right to use that kind of language, the kind reserved for 10 year olds, against us.  Reply with quote

Drudley
High Elder

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
What the hell do you mean we are wrong? We are not wrong. We look at things from Bioware's adaptation's point of view. There is no right or wrong.

If a person can act 1 000 000 000 faster than the rest, then time is relatively stopped for him. So what if everything else is the same speed as normal? To him, a second is the length of his life. From a his practical point of view, time is stopped.

Blah blah blah, this can go on forever
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
PostSun 06/01/03 8:50pm
Now you are just being ignorant.  Reply with quote

Drudley
High Elder

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm jst sick of it, cause none of us has any "proof"

And no, the NWN manual does not count as proof, it has too many wrongs in it as it is
X
PostSun 06/01/03 10:09pm
Like what? Is it the manuel that is wrong, or is it the game.  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you get it yet? There is no "wrong". Bioware can adapt the rules of D&D the way they want to. If they don't, then there's nothing you can do about it.
Drudley
High Elder

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Like what? Is it the manuel that is wrong, or is it the game.

Both, alot (Not only the TS issue)

Quote:

Don't you get it yet? There is no "wrong". Bioware can adapt the rules of D&D the way they want to. If they don't, then there's nothing you can do about it.

Argh, this has nothing to do with rules. it's just a simple spell description they typed wrong, the description itself changes nothing of the spell.
Raven
PostMon 06/02/03 11:21am
They can type whatever they want. It's their game.  Reply with quote

Nilas
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first off, I'd like to get back onto the topic at hand....

Timestop and its effect on the GAME.....for all INTENTS AND PURPOSES, time is stopped in the mod. I think that since such a large manipulation of time, that a short rest period would do wonders for Dyso. How many casters would be inclined to cast timestop if they knew that for 5 seconds or longer they would be TOTALLY vulnerable? icon_twisted.gif Lets get this back on track guys icon_smile.gif

Now, if you would like to continue the argueing of the wording of some things, perhaps it should go into the off topic thread? I mean, I would love to discuss with you all, the dynamics of chronolgy as its been a light hobby of mine for around 10 years.....and been playing DnD for around 15. icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spell Components...
Everything else is stupid, a 5 second delay after the spell would make it useless for mages. Instead, make it necessary to use spell components, and make those components not too cheap. That will get rid of any unneccessary timestops icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message
Raven
PostMon 06/02/03 8:47pm
The 5% chance of death is enough. No lvl 20 character would want to cast it at a non-pvp zone.  Reply with quote

Nilas
Mortal

XP
 66%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spell components are a good idea, but that invites disaster. As some people will be asking for other spells to have a component added for some reason or another and then you have 20 mages running around with a full inventory screen. Everyone has their own idea of what some classes have that are unbalancing. Next you will be having people complain about Wail and how it penetrates death magic immunity, or how Finger of death is too cheap a spell and should be changed where you get two saving throws like phantasmal killer. The game is not completely balanced...but then again, I've never understood how a cleric can be as good as a fighter three-quaters their level, and have such powerful spells. Yes, yes they are working for a higher power and such....but such is life eh? Anyway, the suggesstion about making the mage rest after casting timestop was sent to bioware, and if I recall they did say something about changing the spell in SoU.
Raven
PostTue 06/03/03 12:14am
I hope they won't screw up all the spells like Blizzard did in LoD.  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have watched raven make about 10 posts in a row and i thought he might be mature enough to let it drop, but it seems that he cant take the heat when hes wrong i guess, too much crushed pride so he has to continue on and complain complain when no one is listen, i am not bothering to respond because he isnt worth my time in the least...

topic lock or something as far as i see its fairly useless to continue discussing this in the first place, i dont think anyone would take time outta the game to fix a spell one way or the other, so this topic is useless... they removed it and i really dont think it's worth discussing, they did it, dont question them.

whatever... i really stop concerning myself with people after a while, why? because its not worth worrying about, they can say their right or they can look at the rules nwn is built on, upto them one way or the other... so i simply say whatever to them.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as we get back on topic, you jump in and want to get the topic locked. What the hell are you trying to do? You disturbed everyone once, and you are trying to do it again? Why can't you just leave people alone? No one wants your opinion as long as it is covered with insults, so watch your mouth.

Do you work for Bioware? Did you make NWN? Do you have any bargaining power here? If you want to complain about NWN you should go complain to Bioware, not insult other people to try and make noise. You, in fact, didn't just say "whatever" and walk on. You stayed and sprayed your worthless and insult-covered opinion on everyone.

Last edited by Raven on Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are childish to have used that language against me and X. Who's the childish an ignorant narrow minded? Why should I let it drop when I am insulted personally by YOU? What makes you right and me wrong? You have no perspective. You badmouth people because you say they can't accept other people's views, yet you are doing the same, so if you want to insult anyone, bash yourself.

Mature enough? What gives you the right to judge? You made a mistake and now you want to squeeze out of it without even an apology?

Last edited by Raven on Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total
Nikina
PostWed 06/04/03 1:22am
Ya that kind of language was uncalled for. This thread all peaceful and you dropped in like a rock in calm waters.  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am childish and used bad language *gasp* oh no im such a bad evil person!!

I don't have to apoligize to you, and yet your still draggin it on dumb ass... what gives me the right to judge hmm? the fact that I can... you have no idea who is being ignorant or wont accept other peoples views... don't preach to me... I don't need your so called intelligent perspective on stuff...and yet you still are going on..

the topic was about timestop annoucing a message, the server creators changed it, so why should you have any say so about it?
... yeah, im getting off topic... sure... sounded pretty much like a rant thread to me when you posts 10 spam messages in a row about me being an ignorant small minded fool...

hehehehehe...

and about the part of working for bioware? no, maybe instead i work for their bosses.. like wotc icon_razz.gif

you never know... lol

anyways you should chill, you went and started ranting and getting all upset and making a bunch of rants against someone for calling you a moron (which you are if you dont know the D&D rules and you try to speak from experience) and then blow up all over me over such a tiny thing like a name on a screen.... lol i feel sad for you...

i only wish you the best in whatever you do, sorry if you got mad at someone for speaking the truth about the situation...

later.. icon_mrgreen.gif
Nilas
Mortal

XP
 66%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sighs* I'm trying here guys...so, I did the next best thing. I did research. icon_smile.gif

Ok, Yes Jon, you are right....the DnD book IS the rules for the PnP game, and as such is the guidline for bioware. While ALOT of spells do not work as they do in the manual, and even the descriptions are only vaguely similiar (probably done to conserve space), I would argue one point. For the sake of arguement and the mod, time IS stopped. It is irrelevant if it is not or not in actuality. If you wanted to get 'technical' time is relative, and it never stops, it continues on and is not percieved as anything at all for those who are caught in the effect. As I type this out, time could have been 'stopped' 100 times but I would neve have known. By point is that real world physics and chronology do NOT apply to PnP DnD, or to Biowares' interpretation of it. Keep in mind, before NWN was released, WOTC had to approve everything in the manual and in the game so that the liscense agreement was fulfilled. So I imagine that if they wanted to make the game manual a players handbook, they would have. Instead, they took and shortened things ot make the manual cheapest to produce while still giving a description of all things that were NECESSARY to the furthering of the game and knowledge of it.

I have been playing DnD for 15 years, Jon, and yes, I feel your pain at alot of the sad misinterpretations of the spells, improper descriptions and so forth, but in essence, Raven is right in that it is Biowares' game and since WOTC approved it, they are backing it. The next logical step would be to call up bioware and WOTC (or email) and see who is right or wrong. But that is just nit picking, and pointless to argue over, as they woudl both laugh for us having such a discussion in the first place.

I'm not taking sides here, and I'm not trying to keep this going. I spent a bit of time looking things up and thinking things through before I posted here. Perhaps it would do everyone a bit of good if we all did the same. icon_biggrin.gif

Be well all
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
i am childish and used bad language *gasp* oh no im such a bad evil person!!

Are you trying to be sarcastic here...? I can't tell... Maybe I'll run it through my sarcasm detector.

Jon316 wrote:
... dumb ass... what gives me the right to judge hmm? the fact that I can... I don't need your so called intelligent perspective on stuff...

Ignorance is bliss.
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nilas wrote:
*sighs* I'm trying here guys...so, I did the next best thing. I did research. icon_smile.gif

Ok, Yes Jon, you are right....the DnD book IS the rules for the PnP game, and as such is the guidline for bioware. While ALOT of spells do not work as they do in the manual, and even the descriptions are only vaguely similiar (probably done to conserve space), I would argue one point. For the sake of arguement and the mod, time IS stopped. It is irrelevant if it is not or not in actuality. If you wanted to get 'technical' time is relative, and it never stops, it continues on and is not percieved as anything at all for those who are caught in the effect. As I type this out, time could have been 'stopped' 100 times but I would neve have known. By point is that real world physics and chronology do NOT apply to PnP DnD, or to Biowares' interpretation of it. Keep in mind, before NWN was released, WOTC had to approve everything in the manual and in the game so that the liscense agreement was fulfilled. So I imagine that if they wanted to make the game manual a players handbook, they would have. Instead, they took and shortened things ot make the manual cheapest to produce while still giving a description of all things that were NECESSARY to the furthering of the game and knowledge of it.

I have been playing DnD for 15 years, Jon, and yes, I feel your pain at alot of the sad misinterpretations of the spells, improper descriptions and so forth, but in essence, Raven is right in that it is Biowares' game and since WOTC approved it, they are backing it. The next logical step would be to call up bioware and WOTC (or email) and see who is right or wrong. But that is just nit picking, and pointless to argue over, as they woudl both laugh for us having such a discussion in the first place.

I'm not taking sides here, and I'm not trying to keep this going. I spent a bit of time looking things up and thinking things through before I posted here. Perhaps it would do everyone a bit of good if we all did the same. icon_biggrin.gif

Be well all

Finally someone responded without being an ass (thank you)

yeah seriously, you played D&D for 15 years? same here, and while i know i probably shouldnt blow up at people because they dont know the truth, i get mad because the knowledge is getting lost, not enough people will remember it, but as i posted earlier while raven spammed so much, i asked him to just drop it the first time, but he went on and on and on.... like a broken record player...

anyways

yeah... bioware would probably call us all idiots for arguing over something in the rules, so how about this, just shutup and play!

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: