DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The new form of Powerlamer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit..you got me.

Anyway.Think of it.If no one noticeses you then your not making enough of your char.ofcourse it then sux to have a low charisma char who is rp'd as a quiet chap with no favorites or anything,but that's just the way it is..
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really really wanna say, charisma in not physical attractiveness, that attribute was removed a long time ago, charisma is how much you basically "stand out in the crowd" so to speak...
Drudley
PostMon 05/26/03 6:26pm
Well, unless it is your pure uglyness that stands you out, then you shouldnt have alot of charisma...  Reply with quote

Jilessa
Master

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
charisma in not physical attractiveness, that attribute was removed a long time ago, ...

Seriously?According to 3'rd addition D&D it does...

Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness,
personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. It
represents actual personal strength, not merely how one is perceived
by others in a social setting.
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physical attractiveness is a small part of it, but think about Britney Spears: she's got absolutely no charisma although she's certainly attractive by todays standards. icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jilessa wrote:

Seriously?According to 3'rd addition D&D it does...

Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness,
personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. It
represents actual personal strength, not merely how one is perceived
by others in a social setting.

I draw attention to this part:

Quote:
It represents actual personal strength, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting

for instance: Hitler wasn't terribly attractive at all. but his IMMENSE skill at pursuading brought him the leadership (GIVEN dictatorship) of his country. this would give him at least 20 CHA, simply with his ability to hold audiences raptured.
also, Bill Clinton was a very persuasive/charasmatic man. there are many instances where people had said that his physical presence at some meeting was tremendous. and very hard to resist when he asked a reasonable thing from you.
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
DM_Logic
PostTue 05/27/03 9:06pm
Little Tea Pot please go back and read you history books. It wasn't chrasima that helped Hitler. Now your Clinton example is really good.  Reply with quote

Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Usually I don't put in my two cents worth in these rants about DM's....BUT lately it seems that every dumb ass power gamer is chomping at the bit to take a round out of them. WHY? Is it because you missed out an a certain uber item/XP from an event or are you just plain immature? I'd wager both!

Lately I have seen more DM involvement than ever before, and I am glad to see it! And no I haven't been in an event everytime I log in, I've actually only been in one dm run event since 3X began. I just happen to have a ton of fun RPing and sometimes, just SOMETIMES a dm is listening/watching and rewards it. I don't rp for XP and I have NEVER gotten any uber items from a dm.

I think the dm's do a good job for all the crap they put up with from lameasses that complain and run to the forums to tell everyone how "misstreated" they were. Personally I don't Know any of the DM's but I have read enough shit on this topic to know that there are always gonna be jerks who just can't get it through thier head that the DM's are there to help you have fun, pissing them and the other members of the Dyso community off isn't get you anything but hated.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever consider the possibility, Ariia, that is exactly what they are after? There's an old saying that says that any kind of publicity (even of a bad sort) is better than none at all. I've come to the conclusion that there is a good chunk of players who suffer from acute victimism ... they aren't happy unless they are being persecuted ... if not by other players, then by the admins, dms, moderators, etc. That's where they get their fun ... crying about how they can't just do what they want without being "held back by the man."
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM_Logic wrote:
Little Tea Pot please go back and read you history books. It wasn't chrasima that helped Hitler. Now your Clinton example is really good.

I dunno, there are plenty of accounts of people who were "hypnotized" when hitler spoke. Even reasonable and otherwise rational people bought into some of hitler's evil crap when he spoke.
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true Conrad, but still, they claim they want a better server and better DM's but the truth is, We have a lot of good DM's, they are just acting like babies b/c they aren't the ones getting all the XP or items or what ever.....its just attention (like you said) and when they don't get it, they try and ruin it for eveyone else and make everyone else doubt the DM's/admins/mods whoever ....

Dyso is what you make it. If your going to sit and whine and sulk b/c you were not invited to be in an event than yeah dyso is gonna be shitty for you(because you make it that way ), but if you make the most out of having certain players tied up with an event you can make your own fun...Open the doors and the possibilties are there...

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was reading over this and had to say thanks to tp for helping to make my point, like i said charisma doesn't really define how physically attractive you are, that stat is very wacked out of tune... you could have a charisma of 8 but still be very attractive physically, but it means that you are a loner and don't like people, or you could have a charisma of 20 and be able to make anyone believe your story, but be as ugly as melted butter... lol.... anyway..
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

We have a lot of good DM's, they are just acting like babies b/c they aren't the ones getting all the XP or items or what ever

Actually, they can get all that kinda easy you know. Levels and items, piece of cake. icon_wink.gif
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's true, but they want like massive xp for a dm event, or even a full level, and they want leet godly items of ownage from it that they cant already normally buy in stores -if- they tried, still, i guess its upto the player whether they are going to RP or not...
Jilessa
Master

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hum well i do agree with you jon,but you can set your attractivness to what ever you please.forinstance you could have a char who's very good looking ,but doesn't have that great a personality...BUT it is supposed to work both ways...

Anyway.I think that people are way to concerned about getting items.The exp for rp i think is good because that's just a motivator for keeping up with the rp.But if people who don't like not getting items on events and whine so much about it they should look under the category action...

Also i feel that some poeple here are waaaaaaaay to concerned about not rp'ing.I mean,like yesterday someone complained about me asking Y to give us some vapires so that the player event could be even better.That seems to me like the person is really afraid not to rp and honestly i think that's because he's insecure about his rp.seriously.why not make the best of every possibility?

Face it.some of you really should get more confident about yourselves.Try making a rogue.that usually helps...
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Quote:

We have a lot of good DM's, they are just acting like babies b/c they aren't the ones getting all the XP or items or what ever

Actually, they can get all that kinda easy you know. Levels and items, piece of cake. icon_wink.gif

Thats an offer I cant refuse.... icon_wink.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: