DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A sermon before the Altar of Helm ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: A sermon before the Altar of Helm ... Reply with quote

((as Conrad))

It seems, Brothers and Sisters, that perhaps we have not been proactive enough ... it seems that we have evil goblins walking the streets and in league with those who would seek to cause harm to the Crown and to our way of life. They bring their forces to our cities and rally their troops openly telling all who will listen that death is near. There is indeed a coverging wave of evils upon the lands ... and as unnatural as it should be, it seems they are quite content to work together against the very fabric of society. One would normally count on some of these evils to challenge each other, each side wanting what the other has ... but ... no ... that natural order of selection is not happening.

Perhaps the fault is our own in being too forgiving and too welcoming of different people with different agendas. One would think that such a vibrant exchange of ideas would result in a vibrant and evolving society ... instead I see much moral decay and decadence. Brazen displays of it, even! The evils that be are now content to rub the noses of all in their schemes ... as we have always been content to try to see their "better side." The flippant nature of these malefactors sickens me deeply.

I accept my degree of blame in expecting that our manner of conduct and forgiving nature would enlighten those who led shadowed lives ... but I come to the conclusion that the time for talking in some cases is over. I am a proud Helmite and Helm stands as the Watcher and Gaurdian God ... I have heard his whispers to me in my dreams, the subtle way he can speak with the faithful ... urging me to remain vigilant and cautious. I have done so, but I have also allowed myself too much leniency in not dealing with those who openly declare their intentions for doom to the lands and people I am sworn to protect and serve ... that we are all sworn to protect and serve. Not any longer and not any more.

I implore you all to keep your eyes and ears open ... do not let acts of evil go without question. Surely let them plead their cases ... however weak and feable that they may be ... but it should be known to those who broker in terror and evil that the Order will stand strongly against them ... to the point of eliminating their taint from the face of the world if need be.
Muric
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*listens intently to the sermon, nodding in agreement*

Lord Hollows, your words are wise as always. Perhaps the time has come for some of the evil-doers to feel what it is like to be crushed under the mailed fist of justice. Force is the only thing that some of them are capable of understanding.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Argus))

Whoooo-hoooo! Butt-kickin' fer goodness, Ah do declare! Ale fer all! :: burp ::

Y'all know, bein' somethin' of a woodsman meself, Ah've got pretty good observation skills. Ah do also declare nuthin' better than sneakin' 'round in the shadows where the evil thinks they ain't got company. Ya kin hear and see alot from the shadows ... yessirree ... will be muh pleasure to silence a few snake-tongued devils if'n I catch wind o' their stench o' evil.

:: cough cough :: Ahem, Ah'm not endorsing jess slittin' their throats at first sight ... that ain't right. Gotta give'em some rope first ... then they kin be hangin' themselves quite nicely.
Lord Randall
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Careful Conrad, your Minsc is showing... icon_smile.gif ))

Indeed lads and lasses, this be exactly what set me mind to turmoil those weeks ago. I must implore ye on behalf o' Moradin... o' any god o' creed ye hold yerself to, to nae only listen and reason, but to act quickly and decisively. I meself dinnae when I should, and fer that a farmer bled his last upon the lowlands o' Kravenwood. Fer this inaction I dinnae know if'n I can e'er truly be unburdened from the weight o' his death. I can only seek to do better, to raise arms against the legion that yet sweeps the land.

And when I be sayin' legion, I'm meanin' it fer sure. The drow still bubble yet beneath the surface... I fear the last o' Ne'erwinter's reach has not yet been felt. Ancient dragons, horror's o' old, and questionable new arrivals to this land all have come to bear. These we fight without question, fer we be knowin' such as evil. Is nae the underhanded backstabber as guilty as those enemies which lay before us?

I fer one have bit me tongue and held me wrath fer far too long. Fer all those quibblin' that we nae act... I would hope to be silencin' their words. As our Lord Hollows has thus laid the charge, so I will answer his call. I look to meet ye where e'er we be needed, and to smite those that would oppose the King with such terrible vengence so as to make those who e'en yet THINK to act in wicked ways shudder and recoil from fear o' colosal retribution.

May the Hammer o' Moradin crack the earth assunder beneath the feet o' our enemies.

Cragthor
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: