DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Logic of Collective punishment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Show signatures  
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: The Logic of Collective punishment Reply with quote

I understand the long history of collective punishment.hitler did it to curtail resistance movements...Stalin to control the Kulaks and resistance similarly.The good old Israelis do it it to control the Palestinians.Comrade Maos inheritors do it so often in China...and Gorb does it on Dyso.
Also considering the glowing sucess that these methods had in stopping resistance and leading more people to acceptence of the status quo do we have hope that this latter day form of collective punishment will do any better?.
personally I think it just makes the grievers laugh and believe they have more influence than their purility deserves **look i took doewn server im uber yah**If annoying just delete ban ignore colllective punishment always hurts those who did nothing and rewards the perpetrators.
View users profile Send private message
Falkhor
PostSat 07/05/03 12:34pm
Obviously doesnt work, cause they just change accounts and come back or are let back in. Not my problem anymore though.  Reply with quote

Ogt
PostSat 07/05/03 12:36pm
what did i tell you you ainīt got the balls to leave for good! dissapear already maggot!!!!!!  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure showing your true face finally, ogt. Shitfaced fucked up moron who can only get his kicks from whining incessantly, insulting and taking a crap on everyone.
You think you're cool? Goddamn, you have no clue how pathetic you are.
You're a sad drugged up sycophant who'll never amount to anything in life.
Way cool, "dude"!
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol youīre cracking me up, when have i ever whinned show me a post, lol, shut that dirty mouth alraedy your poisonous tongue is scaring me

omg omg im laughing so hard at you my stomach hurts omgs omgs

hmmmm my oggytroopa is not showing up i need to make this post bigger lets see

ummmm

ummmm

cheers

Last edited by Ogt on Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignoring always works and is very cheap even costs no time .You see one of the main reasons for such behaviour though not true in every case is the scream for recognition by those who otherwise would be walked past overlooked.it is an attempt to achieve a self importance they feel denied .Responding wether positive or negative ..banning..collective punishment...in effect feeds that self delusion that what they say think has an importance or influence.For by reacting you do actually agree with there point of there self worth if even by default.personally i found Passive resistance better just ignore let them scream away in the dark.If no one hears the tree fall is there a sound?.In game just organize lynch mobs.

As the above posts came while typing im sloww.....Ill add if there was no reply to the first then the matter would be dead ..IE if ignored action reaction feeds itself ..ignore is so much easier
Ogt
Elder

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and just so you get more pissed off falkhor, i was unbanned 1 and a half to 2 months ago, if i didnt come back until yesterday ,that i took a look around , itīs because, unlike you, i do have to balls to stick with my decitions "cheers"
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're so right, M-K. You have a perfect example right here. Ogt wouldn't be such an asshole if he didn't get attention from it.

I'm not so sure ignoring would work as administrative means though. I don't know really...isn't it just easier to just get rid of them?
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is correct. And I'll illustrate with an example:

I get banned from dyso permanently. Being a spiteful bastard, I decide to whine in the forums about how the mod sucks and hurl a few insults here and there. Result: I get the server taken down for half a day. I'm laughing my head off. It seems I do have power here even though I've been banned. How I love to make everyone suffer just because I've been banned. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! icon_twisted.gif

Gorb, it's understandable how you get so frustrated with shit-for-brain lamers like this, but it's hardly fair when they go on a childish outburst and everyone has to suffer for it. Just perma ban them from the forums and the server and take it further if necessary.

Griff
Ogt
Elder

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh kindo im sorry if yesterday when i was in dyso i didnīt answer any your love tells where you said you loved me and missed me ,and that you wanted me to make you love pasionatelly OMG that was gross, itīs a fun screenie though

but i kindda know what a false person you are , and now that i hurt your boyfriendīs falkhor feelings, well of course i know you will try to put crap on me, anyway, cheers and juuuuubilation
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've changed my mind. I thought you went out of line sometimes, but I've always considered you to be an OK guy. Being Swedish and all. But in a matter of hours, you've shown what a total ratbastard you really are. I'm disappointed.
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add my voice to those opposing this collective punishment. I feel that this method of punishment has no positive qualities. Furthermore, instead of raising resentment against a player, it instead increases dissatisfaction with the server. I feel as though I'm in 1st grade again. I understand perfectly well that this is your server and those are your machines that run it, for that I've said thanks a number of times; however, I feel that actions such as these lead to the further decay of this server. I'd like to see this server succeed as much as anyone here, I do not see the point of making the hard work that you and others have put into this server go to waste because somebody said something you don't like. This entire situation has been handled in the most childish manor I could imagine. I've tried to support the DMs/Mods of this server since I've been here, but when will this crap end? Please quit destroying this thing that so many people have so much time into building. Compromise and tolerance can go along way...
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably stop playing altogether if I could just get peace from one last thing... but until that day...
icon_cool.gif
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can tell you I've been getting along on Dyso fandabby over the little while, I doubt you've seen me moan in ages.

Big dissapointment this be...
Glorin
PostSat 07/05/03 10:51pm
When did dyso suddenly get players? everytime im on there there is only 7 or 10 people on..if theres more players ill come and do stuff  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostSat 07/05/03 11:16pm
about 25-30 on at the moment  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. Let GorbGuy do what he wants. He takes the time to do all this work for us, he will do it the way he wants. Hehe, again, if you don't like it, leave! icon_biggrinno.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: