DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ohh gorbguy u so silly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: ohh gorbguy u so silly Reply with quote

(Note: the post has nothing to do with Gorb neither is it directed at him, except that he is funky and doesn't like LVers)

I haven't been in Dyso in likes a month because First off I am bored with the Game itself not Dyso, To all those people complaining about the Mod...When has the mod itself ever been good? when has it ever really compared to those "large" mods with all kinds of quests and stuff...Never. But it has always been good because of the Player Interactions, yes Players. You create new areas, new quests, new creatures, for the players to find and for players to make what they will with them...

I was disappointed that no Guild took upon the oppurtunity to use those many deserted houses in Jeshan as a Guild House, instead they wait for some big castle or something implemented by the developers...Those houses were I think one of the best if not the best addition into the Mod, because they were not specified for anything, they were left for the players to do what they will with them! Think of the conflicts that could happen! One Guild takes up the house as a HQ and another guild at another time does the same, eventually one of them finds out that the other one is using that spot and they either agree to share it like goody goody two shoes, or kill eachother for control. all in good fun!

People cannot rely completely on DMs to give them their fun and open conflicts. It is the players and their guilds that create these conflicts. it is up to the players to stand up and do something. Look at The Black Paladin (M-K) for gods sakes! Look what she is trying to do and do something about it! This could create a wide conflict between players, something once again memorable!

Alot of people say "ohh those LV players only liked LV because they were uber pimped out blah blah blah" well thats a big fat lie. That was maybe like 10% of the reason why I liked LV. In LV there was a strong player base, It was fun, so was 2.x and the beginning of 3.xa untill everyone left. In LV It was fun because our Kravenwood Militia was close to Gesh and Kraven(Bri). We would undergo quests they would give us as the Mod was being developed. Gesh would give us a little hint as to what the quest was, then we would go to Kraven and ask him about it and he'd give us another hint! It was like a fucking single player campaign only all partys involved....were players not NPCs!! On the Eye of the Dragon Quest I remember was extremely like Single Player! Me and Ape were hanging in the pit one day and some guy comes in with a huge dragon dressed up in this blue armor and spear, his name was Galf i think. We started asking him about where he got his armor, tried to pressure him into telling us where the Mountains were. He told us about the Dragoon tests and etc. Come to think of it he was probably Gesh in disguise lol. Next we had a whole party searching all over the Mod for a hidden door, untill after 2 weeks or so Glith gave us a huge hint and I found the Door and Loki and I went and fought the Chaos Dragon, later helped out by Glith, Black Dragon, and Dederic. But yea, I hope You understand now why those "old players" liked LV so much, i hope that brought a little more insight for you, because not everyone that played LV is this major powergamer out to destroy RP, ok?

NE WHO.. Dyso has always been about the player interaction, not the mod. the most memorable Dyso times were with players causing conflict with players. brief summaries found here: http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=62259&highlight=#62259 But i think the reason why there is nothing to do in dyso right now is simply because there is no one in dyso right now, there is no room for player conflicts. Thats the problem. I remember we used to have a full seerver everyday, hell we hit the record for most people in a server at once. 68 or something like that..that was along time ago. Now i see like 7 or 10 at the most people in there...The solution to all Dyso's problems sits with that....and since everyone else is like lvl 18 or so i'm forced to level up my lvl 5 thief by myself. So i say, get some Conflict going, (look to M-K!!!!) and get more people in here, thats my solution ne ways listen or not.

Last edited by Glorin on Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
PostSat 07/05/03 5:03pm
yeah... there aren't any guilds any more... it's kinda boring that way...  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... well... recently I *have* been seeing lots of players. They might all be n00bs, but players none the less. Its just all the players you are used to seeing are no longer there. Time to make new friends and move on! So... hopefully you aren't just trying to piss Gorby off and make him close the server again because that's really not cool.....

I have no problem with dyso is the way it is right now, I'm actually starting to like it more infact. I admit, I don't play it that often, but its like you said, I'm bored with Neverwinter, not dyso.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that there have been some really good steps to making this server better, both in how it runs and the actual module itself, and the content of it...

NWN needs some graphical updates too... right now they're kinda... Bad...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316

XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Launches 32 greater missle swarms in under the course of a half a second*

*crash*

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too pimped out.... I just took out a 30000 hp creature in about a second...

I FORGOT That The Special Stuff with... the ... new... spells... o m g ...

Keep your graphics to yaself, that was sweet.... icon_twisted.gif
Romulus II
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11
 27%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant find dyso at the mo for some reason so couldnt check this out.. icon_confused.gif
But are those houses not in no PvP area icon_sad.gif and i didnt think you could enter them either.
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like Gorb guy and i couldn't think of a title for the topic so i named it that, No offense intended and its not directed at ne who specific.

ill have to edit it then

Everytime i've been on the server theres only been like 7 people there, how in the heelal?
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
The_Wretched
PostSat 07/05/03 11:26pm
Yeah, what's so special about this 7 players for the server ? Is this the upper limit or what ?  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
PostSun 07/06/03 12:50am
yep, glorin is right. i totally agree 100%  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Teapot wrote:
yeah... there aren't any guilds any more... it's kinda boring that way...

Well, I left because there was next to no support for guilds and player politics.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Ariia
PostSun 07/06/03 3:45am
exactly why I hardly ever play here anymore......  Reply with quote

Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariia wrote:
exactly why I hardly ever play here anymore......

And where do you go now my dear? icon_wink.gif
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no ur not supposed to talk about leaving, this is how to Get Dyso back kicking again! player conflicts!! Thats what has always kept it running and thats what will keep it running!!!! don't leave! kill eachother!!!!

with a valid rp reason of course
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'll say is, there where more people in 2.x, and more things to do. I also understand that Dyso has been going under a few changes in the past few months so things obviously couldnt stay the same.
One thing I do not understand is how a few of you people can say "good ridence to those tha leave". The "Old Timers" as the've been labled were major influences in the mod, they were the ones that got adventures going, battles started, and all around fun was had by all.
I agree that Dyso was about the people and the experiences we have together. The "Old Timers" like Tiarella Jones were actualy great people to play with, and when they left, I did notice a drop in the fun....and thats why we all play, to have fun. Those of you that are newer to the server wont ever be able to experience what i got to, and I truly feel you are missing out in that. I watched those people like Grok and Tiarella start out, I got to watch Glorin when he was truly powerful and feared, leading the LGoG(And from a bystanders point of view then, it was exciting to watch icon_smile.gif ). I got to battle the mighty LAZ...and get my ass handed to me icon_wink.gif. Many people complain about the "power levelers", but they dont realize all the rp that went on during those times. The last truly fun event for me was when the Druids Circle rose up againts the OSB HQ. It didnt really go anywhere, but it was fun getting the guild together and being able to have that rp event. And we really did alot more rp then. People didnt worry about lvl's, or money, they just wanted to have fun. One thing I also noticed is that there were alot less personal hostilities at that time. For those of you who would disagree, look at how many people played during the times of 2x and how much complaigning there was then vs. how many people there are now vs. the complaining.
Glorin is right, more conflict is needed, but so are truly good players like what we used to have. Although I do enjoy playing with alot of you, we lost alot of the good players, and I truly believe we lost alot of the fun.
The part that saddens me the most is the guild I'm in. Snares worked hard to make something special for Dyso, the Druids Circle. He inspired the new recruits to rp to the best of our abilities when it came to druid issues, and he always had time to help train new recruits. Once 3.x came, everything changed. All the guild did was power lvl so that we would hopefully reach high lvls. Now guess what people.....the guild is virtually no more. You have no idea how much I enjoyed the druids guild here in Dyso, most of us have become friends that play elswhere now, and Snares ideas have spread to other worlds. But no more in Dyso until some change occures most likely.
Over time I saw things in Dyso deteriorate until we reached this point. There is a post that someone has labled "Political Strife....Your thoughts please", and this post is made by someone who looks to be quite new here. Is this the impression that new people are recieving, there is nothing much here? Think he would have said that last November? What he does see is alot of the compaints (and yes even mine) that are posted here, and alot of the whining when someone in game doesnt have something go thier way.
This is the first time I've said anything truly negative about Dysotopia on these forums, in fact I've argued in Dyso's defence many many times. Tonight I'm reading the forums and it's hitting me as to what's happened....even though most of you are good people to play with, we've lost the truly inpirational players that gave the motivation to do quality adventures. We've lost the "Old Timers", as they've been labled, and it's truly a bad thing to see because despite what alot of you newer people might think, they helped create Dyso and helped turn it into one of the most popular servers for NWN. Now Dyso has lost it's apeal, and it's lost it's bigest leaders in rp'ing when the "old timers" left.
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if there's noone here anymore, than there is noone to kill......

and if there is people to kill, there is people to complain about it and run crying to the DM's...it ALWAYS happens..... Whiners can't take it and ruin it for everyone.

Thats pretty much the big reason i quit playing as much as I used to, Whiners

The people that can't get it through thier thick head that its a free mod that someone (or some people) put together for a bunch of people who like rp and haveing fun/ NWN to get together and play..... FREE, but what do they do, they bitch and complain that this sux, or that dm is a hardass, or this guild has a better guild hall that thiers, you name it they bitch about it,not enough xp, not enough uber items, blah blah blah, its the same shit being complained about day after day.

It really ruins the spirit of things for everyone, especailly the guys (and gals if there is any) who made this place to begin with.

I started playing in January, so that my hubby and i could game together, seeing as how this was his hobby. and I got addicted to it right away. but after months of playing and listening to everyone complain all the time (after 3X began) I got a little bored and didn't come play any more. Then I came back, made some new friends, had a lot of fun, and then they all started going elswhere, because of the same reasons I have, and a few others (but thats another rant entirely). I am not saying this to tell people to leave, I will always think of dyso as home, but for now, I am taking a break from gameing here as much as I used to, Maybe when i come back the community won't be as hostile and childish as it is now.

You say the powerlamers have left? but most of them were the ones who had been here forever and KNEW things,People like Tia Jones, Red Hashmere, Laz, Snares,OGT etc.... they were the ones i partied up with when i was new here and didn't know where to go or what to do, Keep in mind that I had never played DnD before or this game called NWN, they helped me ooc and IC they were the ones you saw sitting in Elriina talking about guilds and stuff, they were the ones who you wanted to get to in game and be a part of the action, but now they have gone and so have ALOT of the rp, but most of you won't admit it.

powerlevelling doesn't mean you can't rp, it means you want to realize your full potential. Sorcs have some pretty wimpy spells at lower lvls, and other chars aren't as useful either, you tell me a sorc is beneficail to have in your party when they die in one hit, and can't cast any helpful spells?!! if you want to rp, thats great, but not being able to utilize the other options in game b/c your to low level is no fun either. Part of Gameing is leveling, thats a lot of fun, to watch your char grow and learn new things....there can be a balance,

I know when I was new here, I made a char and powerleveled her, just to be able to hold my own and not get taken advantage of, when I went exporing on my own. After that first few weeks of getting to know people and places, I used her to help newbies, there are quite a few you could ask that I've helped. So powerleveling isn't all bad! After that initail char was made, I made a new one with a story etc... and just took it easy rp'ing every time I logged in. And she became a major player in the Druid guild. There is Balance! Just because someone's idea of gameing isn't the same as your shouldn't mean they are wrong.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GODDAMNIT """""""""roleplayers"""""""""" IF THERES TWO POSTS WHICH YOU DONT LABEL AS "whining crap" then PLEASE let it be the two above.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know Ariia, Hashmeer just might be returning to spice things up icon_wink.gif *hint* *hint*
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Shin2k
PostSun 07/06/03 6:35pm
*Complains* I want to see more ducks in Dyso *End of Complaint*  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: