DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I salute you my Friends...you made Dyso great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: I salute you my Friends...you made Dyso great. Reply with quote

With a sad heart, I bid goodbye to my second home..Dyso. Nowhere did I find such a comunity on-line, and I hope we shall see each other soon.

A special thanks to Conrad, who stayed and tried for so long to keep us together. Our leader, mentor, and friend...before, and beyond..you are the best.

I hope to see you in Tusken, or where ever our paths lead us.

*Grok bows....and walks away from the OSB keep, his shining blade held close to his chest....a tear in his eye*
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is still reading this ...

I just wanted to say thanks for the fun and helping to make the Order the one organization in Dysotopia that endured throughout virtually everything.

It was brought to my attention last night that I was not a "rah rah" cheerleader of a leader and I didn't exactly buddy up with the members of the group. To these charges I plead guilty and will also say that, were I doing it all again, I would do it exactly the same. The members of the Order are screened and picked on the basis of their being able to RP the points that the Order holds forth as true. If you are doing those things, you don't need thanks ... you just do it and doing so is its own thanks. With me, lack of commentary implies things are decent enough and I am content to let people do their thing without the feeling of me looking over their shoulders all the time. I am no micromanager. I usually only speak up on issues when I think people are getting it all wrong.

There will be some semblance of the Order on the other side of all this, I do believe. I may or may not use the same name ... but what is in a name anyhow, eh?
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

Dear friends,

Thank you for all the good times and for the priviledge to join OSB. I was away on a biz trip from Friday until today and didn't get a chance to say "bye bye," but please know I'm thinking of all of you. I also hope to rejoin with you someday soon.

Tae icon_razz.gif
Lord Randall
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My, what becomming busy redoing your house and keeping up with friends will do for your Dyso career....

It's taken me the better part of an hour to digest everything I missed, including the lead of a secession of six which appeared to be Order members united. At bare minimum it was glorious in it's unity, and I have to say with many points I agreed.

Neither here nor there, the matter is moot I believe. I for one saw things coming to a head perhaps a month ago, and it was my general disgust (a strong yet acurate term) for the disregard of the common, happy player caught between the Powers of Dyso and those willing to complain it to death that drove me to seek Dyso less and less, though I sought no other substitute server either.

My friends and comrades, I cut most of my NWN teeth on Dyso, though my RP experience extends further back. As such I remember it fondly, in both 2.x and 3.x varieties. It will take some time for me to break myself of refering to NWN as Dyso, for in truth it became that inseperable to me. And yet with each passing day I find it easier, perhaps simply because I see at least one light on the horizon.

To you all who I fought with and against, inspired and followed, I thank you all for the ride, and the honor of being in this Order. Though perhaps I was closer with some of you than most, I can honestly say each of you at some point enriched my time here.

Though Crag will retire and rejoin his mountain kin, I myself will not simply fade away, though for a time I shall not continue on to Tuskan or the server to come. In fact, I very likely will check the forums on occasion, should they continue on. Much like the explosion of certain wildflowers, however, I think this bleak point will only seed the world with a number of promising possibilities. With perhaps a little luck, I will meet you again there.

I also thank you for reading ridiculously long posts. icon_smile.gif

Crag, Gilgamesh the Bard, Vincent Krael, Ralph Quickswing, and perhaps another one or two.

PS - I post my farewell for nows here, although perhaps too late, because this here was my core Dyso family. May the Hammer o' Moradin be smitin' yer enemies, where'er ye may be findin' yerselves.
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: