DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

General Talk thread (general info/talk posts)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Show signatures  
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: General Talk thread (general info/talk posts) Reply with quote

You should wipe all the old threads and we can start new ones Todd, we are pretty much starting from scratch for now so we should clear this place and make it easier to navigate for the new guys starting to come in.

Ben
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben I am gonna give you the moderator tools as well so you can help me do that as deleting this sort of old volume is ... difficult. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
PostWed 12/11/02 3:07am
Good lord I am crying as I watch my post total drop through the floor. :/  Reply with quote

Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: Whine Whine... Reply with quote

Cry and Whine, I dropped about 40 posts lowering me from master to adept, now I'm just another low posted face in the crowd... emot-yum.gif
Conrad Hollows
PostWed 12/11/02 12:59pm
Oh well, if I stay with my usual posting pace, all will return to whence it was. Heh. The forum in here needed an enema anyhow.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and hey, is this Jackula a squire? He's asking me about being tested for knightood ... I don't recall him officially becoming a squire. Maybe I missed something somewhere, which is always possible.
Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Yea... Reply with quote

Yea, Jackula asked me about it the one day when i gave Lazuil the squirehood so I told him basically what we were about and he liked it so I told him he could be a squire if he wished. However I really don't think he's cut out for Knighthood, he's a bit of a power gamer and mixes ooc/ic alot. He also seems to act a little hyperactive at times too. BTW His char was accidently saved in my char vault and then didn't go away and a copy was made so now I have a level 14 version of his monk in my vault lol. At any rate next time I see him on I'll let him know, unless you think otherwise, but I don't really think he's Order material...We have to draw the line somewhere icon_smile.gif
Conrad Hollows
PostThu 12/12/02 2:58am
I don't want anyone with a picture of a feces-filled bowl as his avatar in my flippin' organization. I don't like his name, either.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, Ben ... DB told me you said that Delalia couldn't be in the OSB due to Lady DB being in the roses. In this instance I am giving a bit of a provisional knighthood all factors considered. It's not like we are at war with the Roses, they are about as close as we have to an ally in game. Albeit Conrad is still a bit bothered by Laz's actions the other day. They did not sit well with the noble Lord Knight.

Also, above and beyond this, I fully intend to recruit away a few of the Roses in time. Not by force or anything, but I do believe that, as events happen, they may find themselves seeking to distance themselves from the Roses to a group more in line with their own personal beliefs (Nicha Aylows and Lady DB come to mind here, with some others). icon_smile.gif It just doesn't strike Lord Knight Hollows well that lawful types would be running with a group that embraces very much a chaotic bend.
Lazuil Oniryukain
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the wrong thread to post this in but what the hell. I have joined the OSB with Ein today, Conrad has given him knighthood. So meow icon_lol.gif ....hmm....well I will be offering my rl friend a squirehood with his LG(I need to check first to be 100%, this will of course affect whether I ask him or not) monk. I will be sure to post when and if I get more on this. Until later I bid you all a fare thee well....*bows* icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lazuil Oniryukain
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amerideth Ju'Rendis is a human with LG alignment. I gave him an offer for squirehood and he accepted, so keep an eye on him icon_smile.gif.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this thread has little other redeeming value, using it for updating on some recent squire additions works for me.

I also spoke with Aramil Ventura the other night ... who, everyone knows, is probably not long for the Roses any more. He might join with us, he may opt for some other options. I do think it's a strong possibility that someone like Doug Fearinsen and/or Father Doug does come into the fold, however. If you see either, spread them a little love, eh?
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so who do we have definitely playing with any regularity at the moment ...

Conrad Hollows, Brant Lanneman, Vurg Hancien, Keyla Lanneman, Tarrik Lanneman, Lazuil, Amerideth, Delalia, Ein, Lady Dragonbane, perhaps Father Doug (not sure yet). am I missing anyone?

Also the suggestion has been made for an alignment relaxation ... I'm not terribly in favor, but I'll put a vote up for it.

One other order of business ... as you may or may not know Zel of Stargate (and the other Stargates for that matter, it would seem) is now working for the Kravenwood militia and Lord Kraven has provided the growing Kwood militia a mansion to serve as an operations center. I have been told by Lord Kraven himself that the OSB is welcome to utilize this building should we need it. I have accepted that gracious order ... tho this would not be an HQ for us, that will be elsewhere ... but it does give us a place in Kravenwood should it be needed later.

The rational here is that the Kravenwood area has been having problems with the insurgent group the Lost Gaurd as well as the White Rose conducting their military operations on Kwood territory. Lord Kraven is looking to us to help stem the tide of these hostilities a bit, when possible.
Conrad Hollows
PostSun 12/15/02 1:06am
Add one more ... Llewlan (the neutral good variety magic-wielding master magi heh) played by the ever-ready Arniz.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
PostSun 12/15/02 1:23am
Add another ... I am on a roll ... of course I see much as a DM, can't help but not to.

Solo_Core's LG fighting machine ... Anurion.

Arniz
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27
 22%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ola!

Im honored to be in this glorious guilde!
Since i was once in the inner circle of The White Rose and im in the mages guilde aswell (under the leadership of African Ape) i hope there will be no kind of "give infos from one guilde to the other guilde" but i will do my best to avoid it and try to be loyal.

To be honest im not really sure if Ape is the real man for being the leader of the mages guilde anyway.
I remember his actions in ancient times ( before the apocalypse-wipe-day) as he was in Kravenwood an killed everyone passing ,cause he was bored. we will see...........

At last i have one little suggestion: Maybe Conrad should remove "dead" chars from the OSB rooster to get a real view of the members. For Example Aspen left Dyso, and i havent seen Akar and Asterith around since the wipe.
Maybe they are still active or they want to return after the tradeskills are implented, but ive seen it at the WR, at leat 50 % of their members are no longer active and that was one of the reaons i left.

So much for know
Cya
Llewlan

Btw My total support to sign in One of Dougs Chars.
Yay Doug! icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trimmed down our list quite a bit to only those who have at least posted once or twice (or made some contact) within the past few weeks. Akar, Asterith and Phoenix do pop in here from time to time, so I have left them for that reason. As time goes on and we recruit newer folks, more trimming can begin.

I don't want to put anyone in the position of spying elsewhere for us. If you WANT to do that, then that is one thing ... but I won't order it. I would, however, ask that if you know that some group IS going to move on us, please slip us some sort of a warning, even if its vague. icon_smile.gif

Laz told me the other night that the OSB was "irrelevant" ... well, let me give him the benefit of his wording ... "No offense, but since the wipe, you're irrelevant." I told him we were slowly scouting people and making decisions on folks to recruit. His reply was "well that doesn't do me any good, we need allies now." As much as I hate to say it ... some folks have commented that Laz has gotten to be all about Laz lately and not so much helping newbs and the things like that. Laz's slaughter of a helpless pixie (which Conrad WAS talking to) in front of Conrad convinced Conrad that the White Roses's leader has somehow lost his way.

That being the case ... efforts have redoubled to give the people a group of adventurers who seek to uphold the general laws of the land and look out for the common good of all.
Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it seems that the major focus of the WR is right now to fight the LoS, LGoG and make cavern runs.
its ok since the LoS and LGoG declared themselves more or less evil
But anyway this isnt the WR guilde i joined some months ago
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone needs to make some coin now and then but when you get to sit at the DM console like I do, you see some trends. Laz is always amongst the first to rush quests when he's around. He's like manic about it. This sort of thing just fuels the stuff we ran into this evening ... do it the right way to find out someone wall pushed in front of you.

I don't like it but I grin and bear it ... and the guy who WPed in front of us IS one of the Roses.

after that second crash in like 10 minutes, I decided to take a little while off to websurf and such. I hope I didn't miss anything good. Justice served, I suppose, there hadn't been a save so the guy didn't get any of the treasure anyhow unless he relogged.

I really want us to coordinate some efforts to patrol the ogre forests and Eleriina valley helping out the lower characters. Also the people in here, who are considered Knights, are also encouraged to scout and observe others and perhaps recruit them as squires. Keep in mind some of the nasties are now trying to "clone" other chars and play them ... the Kental-Sin is NOT kental-Sin, for example. We are not so much looking for people coming to us to join ... we're looking for the worthy and ask them ... so by all means get to know them before you ask them (or have known of them for some time).
*dragonbane*
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted everyone to know that Lady Dragonbane has cut all ties to The Order of the White Roses. You may want to add Lady, Elsa Dragonbane, Azrael Dragonbane & Delaila to the squire list or whatever. Also YaY Llew!
icon_mrgreen.gif .......One more thing, please do not relax the guild requirements! --------------------------------- Truth, Honor & respect-Dragonbane
Conrad Hollows
PostSun 12/15/02 2:55pm
Welcome aboard in full effect, as it were, Lady DB. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Um a little note Reply with quote

Just a little note along personal guidlines for admission I use that might be helpful for you recruiting Knights out there. For one, I try and keep all my recruits for squire on the lowdown, as of my Jackula mistake, ugh that guy is not only gross but really bothersome on the forums lol, I try to make sure squires A:roleplay well for our LG, NG, LN guidelines. B:Try to pick mature players who can handle acting like adults in conversation and in action aka:Vurg is the classic example of a wrong choice in this manner... emot-yum.gif Just kidding buddy. C: I make sure to let squires knwo that while they don't have to keep their squirehood a secret we aren't exactly trying to gain any unneccessary attention at the moment and it woul be apprecaited that they kept it quiet except with close friends, exactly what Jackula was not kind enough to do, you can check our the general guild forums for one or 3 of his separate threads of him begging to join the Order...
Once a squire knows all this, tell him (sorry about the gender things ladies and lady characters but I'll just use a male pronoun to make this quicker) he has about a week long trail period during which you and your "agents" will be keeping an eye on him. Agents can be other unknown characters to him on your account, friends characters, DM...hehehe Todd icon_wink.gif. But basically keep an eye on him and what he does and possibly even provoke him into some roleplay withone of the other characters. At the end of about a week or sooner if you feel you are that sure (This period varies from person to person but try to keep it to about a week or less for the sake of time and resources) the squire is ready for knighthood you can recommend him to me/Conrad to be promoted. Being the Lord Knight Conrad has the final say in all decisions of Knighthood though based on our system he of course is open to all of your input and will take your support for a candidate at face value. If you somehow convince me as well of the squires readiness then I'm sure he'll also weigh my opinion in on the decision as the Second-in-Command so to speak. (You better Todd emot-yum.gif, I don't function well in dictatorships)At any rate this is basically the process. The only exception I have made personally to this was in the cases of Vurg and Lady DB as Vurg is my friend in rl and I know him well enough of course to admit him wihtout a doubt and I have played with Lady DB extensively even before the big wipe and I knew her well enough to know she was a perfect fit for the Order. Sorry about the nepotism everyone but if anything it just helped me make up my mind faster than I would have done so already from playing with them heh, look at it that way.
Good Lord my posts always because so freaking huge, cliffsnotes is gonna hafat start pumping out guides for my dyso posts so people don't have to take day to read them or figure them out. My thoughts kinda ramble so if an idea pops up,I change the subject, then come back to an idea or something like that, bear with me heh, I'm thinking this up as I go based on what in my head about this all. Well thats about it, and please remember when squiring that Knights, and even myself, technically speaking can only recommend a squire for promotion, only Conrad's word on the matter can make him a full Knight. Ok now I really have to stop or I'm gonna be here typing this thing all day! heh

Ben
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking if the popular consensus of other knights is that someone should be knighted, I won't stand in the way unless I have a damn good reason. That said, I do like to reserve that ability for myself. In times of trouble or unforseen circumstance, Brant/Ben does have the ability to add/remove people from this folder and even knight someone if by some odd chance, I cannot be around for an extended period of time. When the time comes for another tier of command, I will probably create Knight Captains who would answer to the Lord Knight and the High Knight(s) and work with teams of regular knights and squires. At the current time, we are in no way in need of such, however.

In time, tho, I do see there being the Lord Knight and 2 High Knights and then 4 Knight Captains ... and then the rest of the knights and squires.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I've added Doug the Average on a provisional (meaning Lord Knight's discretion to knight on the spot). I'm not changing the roster yet because I am not sure which of his chars he's bringing into the fold. I know he wants to use Aramil as a freelance artist of sorts ... but I do believe Doug Fearinsen and/or Father Doug may be added. I'll leave it to Doug to detail the particulars and update roster accordingly.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be on the lookout for a new squire I have recruited ... new to the mod, as it were. I was DMing some little stuff for him and his buddies and then brought in Conrad to talk to him a bit. The name is Sincardious Estowe, he's a half-elf paladin, if I remember correctly. Can't be there all the time so depening on you others to pick up some slack for me and make the squires feel welcome and check on them, etc. Heh heh.
Doug the Average
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello my new (& old) friends. I am honored that Conrad asked me to join. I look forward to getting to know some of you that I havent traveled with.

I would like you to add Doug Fearinson, Father Doug, Nalwell, and Lord Shinobi. Consider Aramil Ventura a friend of the OSB but basically a freelancer.

Again, thanks for asking me.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
*dragonbane*
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to make my opinion on the O.S.B. known, as far as recruitment. Short & simple, hopefully we will all be looking for quality & not quantity. Take your time & make wise choices.....PRETTY PLEASE! icon_biggrin.gif The integrity of the order is what is most important. We already have a strong base group, we just need to add some talented individuals when we come across them. Also all squires should have to defeat Lady Dragonbane in melee combat before reaching knighthood. icon_lol.gif
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to make them feel bad about themselves with that idea, DB? icon_biggrin.gif

There is a kernal of truth in there, however. With the experienced players it's not so much of a big deal ... but new to Dyso squires don't know what is out there or what sorts of skills/feats come into play most often. If we can get ahold of new players fast enough we CAN provide education so that don't make any terrible decisions.
Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well but i like Dragonbanes idea
If they cant defeat at least 2 of us at the same time they need to train more to become a member icon_biggrin.gif
Nah only kidding. Nice and decent players are hard enough to find anyway

Greets
Llew
*dragonbane*
PostMon 12/16/02 11:46pm
LOL....iwas only kidding about the gang style initiation! Eyecrazy.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: