DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

General Talk thread (general info/talk posts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Lazuil Oniryukain
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meow....I don't think I can't even beat either DB or anyone else in the Order...heh...*sweat drop*...*looks around for a place to hide* I'll be over here... icon_arrow.gif icon_cry.gif
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, Anurion has decided to switch over to the Wolves and has left our little group. I think, perhaps, this is for the better all the way around. I gave him my blessings and wished him luck.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and also for the OOC record ... I suspected Anurion is a "puppet" of the Stargate side of things and was a spy when I recruited him, actually. I wanted to see what might happen. I knew he had some history with the Roses and it looked fishy. I wanted to see what Laz would say to me, amongst others. You can ask Brant, I emailed him about the possibility the other day. There's nothing terribly sensitive in here, and more than likely there never will be. We don't need any big master plans because that's not what the group is about.

Either he didn't find what he expected ... as I think he figured we'd be plotting all these plans of getting all these "evil" groups. None of that here, we're not really oriented as a militia, we're more diplomats and negotiators who can fight if we need to. Maybe he decided to wreak havoc with this new "goodie" guild or somesuch ... no matter, really. Maybe even Laz told him I was sniffing around about his history. Regardless ... Anurion resigned ... which is fine, as it saved me the effort of removing him later after I had my fun. icon_smile.gif

Suffice to say Laz wasn't forthcoming on info ... which tells me loads on what his intentions are. Kinda painted a nice picture for me OOC and IC all the way around. I don't claim to be anything special, really, but I _can_ be one cagey and sly S.O.B. when I really feel like it.
*dragonbane*
PostWed 12/18/02 4:15am
Er....it's O.S.B. not S.O.B.! icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Doug the Average
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25
 84%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laz.......Conrad dont get me started lol.

I worry about the new people that i recruited for WR recently that dont have any idea about Laz's real motives. Several have asked me why I left. I dont want to share my views with them and then I get painted as trying to cause trouble. At the same time, I feel responsible for them.

What should I do?
Doug the Average
Master

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one question (more to come Im sure). Who can nominate someone to be a prospective squire? I have a person that I would like you to consider.

Please set me straight so I dont violate the process.

Thanks

Doug
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general process I think we're going to try to stick to is posting your possible prospects up in here somewhere and seeing what everyone thinks ... as sometimes maybe someone else knows something about them that you don't. Just remember the alignment issues ... they need to be LG LN or NG. Some may try to lie ... spawning a soulstone rules out the evil portion easy enough, but still leaves some loose ends. If its really an issue, I'll do what I can to check in game.

On another note ... I'm now convinced this Wolves group is simply some sort of "cover" for some other activities. Too many new names out of the blue and jumping in with too much knowledge too fast. Groups don't gel like that unless you have folks hiding behind duplicate names and forum accounts. Hey, whatever floats their boat ... this is just an OOC observation. I also toggled our groups listing to hidden in the forums ... and I notice that one of them was the first to post and notice this. I did it because some lame-asses are using that sort of OOC info to develop target lists. Weak weak weak ... but I'm finding there's more and more of that over time.
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: Alright well listen up Reply with quote

I want to put a temporary hold on new recruits for about the next week or so. The only exceptions I'll say are people you know in real life or someone you've known from another mod or known in dyso a really long time. If you've met them in the past month or two in dyso please wait a bit to squire them. Todd and I need to figure out what to do because Red and Golrin want spies in the OSB bad. They saw me and were doing everything possible to get me to reveal some of our new membership and I don't like it. I know Red's just the type to try using spies in our guild and many others are becoming too curious as well. At any rate I'll talk to you next time I see you Todd but we really need to do something about this because I don't think any of us want more Anuirions in here. I intend to do everything possible to keep the OSB clean of miscreants like that.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Anurion was so much a miscreant as someone who is using a LG character totally inappropriately. icon_smile.gif It's the kids thing ... now that they can't see our roster publicly, they're all in a froth about it. Why, I have no idea ... because it's not like we are trying to position ourselves as a threat to anyone. Laz and such were trying to press me on it a bit, too ... as it seems that the White Rose is concerned about any possible recruits we may have.

I don't know as a total stoppage of attempted recruiting is in order, but as you said, I think we need to be doubly careful. We're the secret society these days it seems and while we're not like up to anything .. curiousity makes some of these people get desperate.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something I posted to the moderator board, reposting here so I don't have to retype it all. concerning this whole BoC bit ... and this is OOC info.
-=-=-=-

Falk, Uin and myself met with Jarent to discuss issues and give ideas (several) for BoC fitting into Dyso. Falk and Uin were off after that last crash, and the chaos started again with the PKs and such. I, on as DM, ordered a cease fire to the LGoG and WR, to leave BoC alone for christmas. Our local crew bitched and grumbled a whole lot, but basically did what I asked. I didn't tell them I was playing a bit of the old mind game, but they didn't need to know. So with relative calm now and the various forces not fighting, I started following Jarent around to see how he'd react to our offers of friendship and help on fitting in.

You know what I saw?

I saw him recruiting various people, telling them ...

"Did you know there was a guild war on? You want to be on the good neutral side or the evil side?" and other similar stuff. "We have a whole other server, 60 members." The kicker was telling these prospective recruits "we'll level up as quick as we can and when the rest of our guys get here, we will rule this place."

While LG/WR didn't want a cease fire, I needed it to give Jarent a chance ... he needed a chance to show either he listened to us or he didn't. He couldn't get to that point running scared the whole time. He settled in and relaxed alright ... but not like he said he would.

No thoughts of what to do to appease the locals. No discussions on the ideas we provided so they could fit in. Nothing at all, actually, other than he and his buddies running zone to zone following/scouting WR/LGoG and recruiting along the way. I then had seen what I needed to see and announced that the imposed cease fire was lifted due to other circumstances. I then met with our local guys and explained what was going on so I didn't have to post it publically or repeat myself much. Of course they wanted to know when Glorin would recruit the devious DM for the Lost Gaurd. icon_wink.gif

Basically, long and short of it, Jarent played a nice lap dog when he had three moderators there, but showed a different color when he thought he was alone. He was right back to telling folks how they will rule the server, yadda yadda. I knew something smelled bad when he refused the align change after the talk. If he had been SERIOUS he would have done it. So, basically, I view them as a hazard that will only worsen as they get stronger. It would not amaze me if A Ono and such are connected to them ... but that's another issue. I released our war dogs back to their fun and personally at this point I don't see myself interfering much if at all. We gave Jarent a shot to amend his ways and he blew it. Now payback can indeed be a bitch.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a little heads up ... nothing personal but I am cracking the whip across the board on exploits. Just a word to the wise, don't let me catch you because you will be sorry. That goes for anyone, basically. I see and hear a LOT when on as DM ... you don't want to get caught, trust me.
Doug the Average
Master

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Conrad, help the old fart on this exploit thing pls. Are you talking about stuff like wall pushing or is there something else going on that I dont know about?
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about anything that isn't supposed to be able to be done.

Wall pushing and quest exploits are tops on the list ... quest exploits being stuff like getting the ale run invoice, dropping it, taking another, dropping it, get another, etc etc until you have a pile of them. Not so much a concern for higher level people, but at the lower levels ... it's super cheapo.

PPing and relogging, relogging revenge kills, relogging in general for "instant rest", stacking inordinate ES/UA type spells, and all manner of stuff along these lines also fall into the grouping of exploitive behavior.

Also talking about PKing just for sport, not to mention PPing in transition points and running to the non-PvP zones and then not RPing out any resolution. Taxing/extortion type behavior ... "gimme money/items or you die", generally speaking it's stuff that's all been talked about at one point or other.

Some of it is worse than others and thus the penalties will vary ... but suffice to say, the moderator crew has pretty much decided we're going to start enforcing it more sternly.
Doug the Average
PostTue 12/31/02 8:52am
*writes it all down with his red crayon*  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
PostWed 01/01/03 6:34pm
Happy new year everyone.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
PostWed 01/01/03 7:56pm
Yes indeed ... happy new year everyone. I am currently ... recovering. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to drop a quick like that I've added Aspen back into the folder, here. He's one of our older guys ... you probably all know him anyhow. Welcome back big guy ... it's been a hairy few weeks. Heh
*dragonbane*
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aspen is back?
YAY! Welcome back Aspen! icon_biggrin.gif icon_smile.gif icon_lol.gif icon_eek.gif emot-yum.gif
View users profile Send private message
*dragonbane*
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, just wanted to wish all of the order a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Eyecrazy.gif .........................P.S. Where the hell are Brant & Llew?????????? icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
PostSat 01/04/03 3:00am
Well I have been eyeballs deep in the toolset for the past couple of days. Rewriting the EULA, revising the gloth stuff, etc. etc.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok added Sirris (Uin -- technically a squire, but considering who it is, I think it's safe to say we can add now), and Katrina (Jon) to the folder roster. Considering both of these guys have had some issues with others over this and that in the past, please try to remember we ARE in this for the roleplaying and one character isn't the same as another of a player's ... at least that's the way it's supposed to work. icon_smile.gif I'd like to keep on trying to set a decent example of how people from various "backgrounds" and reputations on the server can indeed play together in an RPed manner towards a decent goal.
Ultrafoo
PostSat 01/04/03 4:57am
Just like to say it's good to have both Uin and Katrina on board.  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, First time here and let me say straight up, so far I am in 7 different guilds with different account names ect, WHEN I AM POSTING here it will be either to help someone (if i decide to help) or posting IC with Katrina
enough said, like on the LGoG forums I post IC strictly with skip if i ever post at all, keep in mind I communicate with the forums SUB MODERATORS to let them know i am still here,

I have played Dyso longer than all of you have been alive I know how to keep information from the people who are "on the other side" do not worry about me though i have played many people before and done some really mean things before aka being people like catti brie or lolth or if you remember, Ryld... i dont think any of you remember RYLD tho as he was here when we FIRST went SV, and bam i was the only level 20 next to Dero Meyne that was on server ATM and i had so many uber items i cant even laugh at it looking back...

immune level 6 below, immune necro, imp evasion ect ect, THE only reason i could never be the ultimate mage killer was because of SPELL exploits, which now with my char "Jonathan" i make ryld look like a sad sack of crap.... funny as hell, cant be damage or hit in melee and saves are 37, the ultimate pvp tank, and with the ele shield bug fixed and my new set up with level 3 and below im basically invulnerable (harm cannot touch me) almost as bad as a freaking LV immune type.. anyways the only problem i have is with uberly gay monsters with 64 ac (dark lord) and only thing that hits is spells and its fun now for me except that every

DAMNED WR has 303474914 seeds of life, 60+ discipline (just to resist my disarms, i feel special) (wonder how they will like lootable corpses the idiots, have rouges just to hurt other players, since death is jack , laz's new char stormarrow blah blah)

and what the hell am i talking about?

forget it, im in the osb again and im happy since i got it legitly this time!!!!!!!!!

i dont post much in private forums but im around, always around, always have been always will be

i keep tabs on every event in dyso... nothing short of a DM knows what i know from sheer skills in ... er... faking.. i suppose you would call it but im starting fresh and new with keeping what i did before im mind but not betraying people like i did.. and hell i might even make my own guild, its very feasible ...

but anyways

later.

(dammit i rant too much some times)
Conrad Hollows
PostSat 01/04/03 1:31pm
Jon ... you always have such an interesting way of putting things. LOL  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea yea i know im just a chaotic evil twisted bastard thats out to kill everyone with a stone of destruction or the dm kill command or start jailing people for every little insult they throw at me IC and ooc and i dont follow the eula im just a power gamer and blah blah blah.... i hear it everyday and i dont really know why i stay around to put up with it, 10000 something servers out there dont think im at too much of a loss, but oh wait thats right, i wont play any other server since i have been in dyso the entire time i have had NWN and never done anything else, when im banned im gone, thats it, im gone with the wind i will find a new game and no one will know who i am ever again...and 8 months of my life spent playing this game and fucking any chance i had at a life and my only option will prolly be suicide because ill be living on the street soon enough over a game that gave me nothing in return but having to deal with "i will have u banned u fux0ring h4x0r!!!" and thats about it

Jon.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scary part is, buddy, is that I can echo some of those feelings. I sit back and look at the time spent in-game or spent on dyso-related stuff ... I shudder. Oh well, no matter, I've had fun most of the way. icon_smile.gif
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cause no one knows how to rp worth a damn except a select few and when you rp an asshole IC people wanna go and blab about you ooc when its a complete ic matter but anyways i dont expect much from anyone especially not even my close friends because naturally i have no judgement and am just a little kiddie that complains when he is pked.... hm....time to edit something...
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey if you shudder at how addicted i am to dyso that should give you some ideas that im not going to go and screw it up or get myself in trouble (at least not much anyway) ic and never( and i do mean never ) get myself into bad trouble ooc, why? its not worth it as i cant pull away, dyso has made me into a freak and im a result of someone that played it too long and too intensely... and noone cares so i happily go around on my way with the best rper of all times -gasp- ameli right beside me playing a lawful good cleric who goes around healing people and saying "oh my" all the time rofl

i just had to say that man it had to be said and now im done ranting on this private and nice forum and im going back to my tactically cold attitude that i love so much... some times its fun to scream at people and no one listen to you

coldly, and always doing what is tactically an advantage-

Jon

"The world is a game, and I play it well"
icon_cool.gif
Lazuil Oniryukain
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyecrazy.gif ....Meow.... Eyecrazy.gif
Doug the Average
Master

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:

I have played Dyso longer than all of you have been alive

As I am 46 yrs of age I doubt that......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: