DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

General Talk thread (general info/talk posts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm 33 ... the game hasn't been out that long. I think he was trying to engage in a bit of hyberpole. icon_smile.gif

I've been playing NWN since the day it hit the shelves ... and got onto Dyso not long after it hit the scene. At the time, however, it was LV and I really have always kinda hated LV servers. Just too much sillyness. When they went SV, I came running back.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it the day it hit the store shelves I reserved a copy icon_smile.gif .... I played when it was LV I liked the sillyness hehe as you can well enough guess, what I don't understand is why if you liked SV didn't you play on linux??
Linux was the other server no one even remembered as it was SV and had the gold dragon in it and was more balanced insofar as non-uber items only the single player items and whatever it had in it at the time for lost woods ect ect no one liked it at the time because it was not much of a server vault, it was always empty almost 24/7 I never seen anyone on it which was odd because then I could not kill anyone with my perfect assassin icon_twisted.gif (but this was still in action at the moment, even being server vault)

So I up and left for the other server but anyways whatever.... it's all good.
I've been playing this too much, that's for sure.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I listened to a few people in chat (why I don't know) that said the Linux was no good ... blah blah ... I did try to start something there but with no one ever around, it was hard to get going and have some fun. The people were on win32 ... but that was LV ... :: shrugs :: when it was all SV, I went back to Linux and stayed there for the most part.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little update ...

Amidst the various talk between the moderators and such about the mayor issue, I feel I should give you all a small warning that there is the possibility that the OSB may end up being rolled into a more instinsic part of Eleriina related issues ... and that being the case, it may need to be redefined and restructured in a few ways.

We're basically trying to centralize and streamline a few things so there is less need to be hopping all over the place and changing hats so often ... i.e. now I am moderator, now I am player, now I am guild member, etc. etc. It's all OOC fueled, but hopefully will cut down on some issues by combining a few other ideas.

Not sure what the bottom line may end up being, but it may go as far as the OSB becoming less-so a player group and more-so an administration wing of the module. Nothing definite as yet ... but I wanted to be fair and give you a bit of a heads up.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well another update ...

Looks like the possible changes for the OSB are not going to be necessary ... and I would like to announce that Bri and Gesh have seen fit to provide the OSB with a wonderful keep off of the Kravenwood Path. With all this stuff settled we can get back to more of our usual stuff and I'd like to try to swell the membership a bit, but not recklessly, of course.

GorbGuy, our server-master, has been added to the list here and is probably going to be joining us with a character before too long.
Jon316
PostFri 01/17/03 6:04am
I thought Jallia was CE... hmm... icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different character for use in the group ... we are, after all, character guilds here, not player guilds. The whole thing with some people thinking they can't join another group with another character annoys me. I won't mention names but a certain large group kinda has that impression because the leadership gets offended if the players want to play with different characters in different groups.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, my mistake then, Jallia was chaotic evil, so I presume GorbGuy made a new character to play with like a paladin? if so then that's good, it's all fun and games, I wouldn't mind him joining at all, he's an excellent role player from my experiences... I've watched him on more than one occasion since I do alotta spying on people, I can say for certain he is an excellent role player... friendly guy too really, if you get to know him I don't have any objections, as for me, I'm all for it.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long as someone can play their role here and isn't taking liberties in mixing what their various different characters know and don't know, I think we try to be about as inclusive as we can be, when you consider that the OSB does have a certain sort of "elitist/we don't just take anybody" approach. Hey, the OSB point of view isn't for everyone ... I readily ackowledge it ... that's why folks can make other characters to play in different ways.
Conrad Hollows
PostSat 01/18/03 2:44am
another little update ... added Kuma to the fray ... who is joining us with Fury.  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
PostSat 01/18/03 6:58pm
Welcome indian girl. =)  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how's everyone doing lately, eh? Just in a purely OOC sense ... ?

In game wise, I've been getting a bit irritated ... the reasons why are covered in a post elsewhere. icon_smile.gif
Marquis Drayfox
PostTue 02/11/03 2:02am
Im doing good. I like my characters and I like the OSB... I still play a LOT.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this whole High Council bit ...

My OOC position on the High Council is really no position at all ... the High Council people are playing a chosen role, so be it. My only problem with it is that many players seem to think that the High Council is the mayor or what have you ... which confuses them and isn't true.

My IC position is that the High Council may mean well and have good intentions, but they are not recognized by the King nor any of the other nobles of the realm. That being the case they cannot embody the law when the creators of the law have not ordained them to act in that manner. While their purpose and aim may be good, they operate not within the law but effectively outside it until such time that King or other legal official sees fit to afford them proper recognition as dispensers of justice.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one more time for those who may have missed it before ... tho it's been said more than once ...

Our alignment restriction bit is not flexible. Characters must be LG LN or NG and must PLAY LG NG or LN. I am getting some mails from various folks about how LG or whatever their CN or CG (for example) characters act and thus think they should be allowed into the Order. The answer to that is simple and short --

NO

If you pick an alignment then you better PLAY that alignment. If you screwed up and picked wrong align, you should notice this pretty fast and make a new character. I don't buy for one second that a level 10 to 20 character was an "alignment mistake." By that point the player decided to stick with it for whatever reason and so they are stuck with it.

Call me a hardass or a purist, but this is the way I see it and this is the way it shall remain. We're leading by example in playing a properly motivated by alignment organization and fitting to all the trapping including having our characters actually BE their played alignments.
*dragonbane*
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have to say I agree with Conrad. It's not like we are desperate for help. I actually do not like when people ask to join us. As stated before we seek out our squires & we should be very selective. We should get to know this person before the OSB is mentioned at all. Some people just think it is cool to be part of a group, but we need to be sure we are approaching quality individuals. plthumbsdown.gif to evil.gif icon_evil.gif SpiningDemon.gif king.gif icon_twisted.gif smile-mad.gif bs.gif
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it is not a definitive thing ... anyone who approaches me about joining often starts out behind someone who didn't, with all else being equal. Mainly because if they are asking about joining over-much, I have to wonder about their motives. People who want to just try to help out others and try to keep the peace/order in game will do so regardless of being in a group or not ... those are the folks RPing that way that we should be most after.
*dragonbane*
Adept

XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH! that's what i meant! cool.gif lily.gif
Uin
PostSat 02/22/03 11:53pm
Small note:

No more Sirris until I get the KotLS in working order (again!). Jase needs a kick up the arse.

Tantara
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 1 / 8 EXP: 1 / 8 EXP: 1 / 8
 12%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as Meriarry:

I had just gotten off the boat last night when I noticed a few interesting things.. someone was casting timestops, but from the OSB area. Although I am not a knight of the order, yet at least.. maybe someday? Anyhow, I took a trip towards the guild house... only to find a side door opened. I took that door inside and found 4 naked people worshipping the shrine and dancing aroundmaking odd noises.. clearly every door had been opened although I didn't see and "real" damage done. I recognize all four even without their clothing and thought you might be interested?

Ogt'
Llonas Sterling
Arn De Gothia
MAGNUZ EMBRIZ
icon_cool.gif
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those wondering, Tantara IS Anna DuBois who IS a knight

Well, going on that list it's pretty easy to say what happened ... Arn is played by Kindo who is a moderator ... and moderators can enter the main gates like a member can. He simply went in and opened the side doors to let the others in, as once they are open, anyone can go in those tower doors.

Hmm ... I'm not so much mad as disappointed. I don't let myself into the Kwood 250 building or the like let alone pull that sort of stunt.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a reminder ... on new knights ... don't forget to get their forum ID so they can be added to our OSB usergroup ... that is one of the points of being a knight in the first place, so they can talk amongst each other regardless of time zone and location via these posts.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok -- Draku and Dragoon's Rage should be added to the usergroup, since their characters are knighted and all. DB wasn't sure how ... so I did it for DB.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I would ask folks to do is to not use the sticky or announce features in here unless absolutely needed. I want the three threads that are currently to remain pretty much at the top ... everything else usually is fine being sorted by date/last read, etc.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple things qucikly ...

It appears that Drache Engel has decided it's more fun to play a CE character so, according to DB, she's basically out of the Order and said she won't be playing her paladin again.

There seems to be some talk about the Druids attacking the OSB ... while the reasoning for this seems to be totally unfounded ... that's the talk on the street. I have no idea why the Druids would decide to attack one of the few groups that pointedly makes it a purpose to NOT be trying to start fights. I can only take it as some bored players deciding they're gonna grief some folks who just want to play, RP, and have some fun. When they've been mopped off a battlefield, then they'll be complaining we are not upholding the law ... go figure.
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

XP
EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14
 92%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, if I may say so...that they might have a reason? Or, what they believe to be the right cause. I doubt that they are just bored. I beleive that if there would be any decent rpers among them, which certainly there are, then it seems likely to me that they have a reason which to their characters seems justified. That is my opinion on the matter, anyhow...

Last edited by Ulath Fynolds on Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging from what DB told me, the reasoning for Drache opting to play an evil character was primarily boredom first and foremost. Other factors "came up" in the course of the talk. Hey personally I don't care what people want to play and for what reasons ... that's up to them. Fact is that this organization is built on an inflexible system involving alignment and playing said alignment ... and if you are evil, you can't be in the Order.
Conrad Hollows
PostSat 03/08/03 11:57pm
Arniz!!!!!

GYGDABH!!!!

icon_mrgreen.gif

Ulath Fynolds
Adept

XP
EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14
 92%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows wrote:
GYGDABH!!!!

An expression of happiness when taken is such contexts. As far as I can tell. See, this is a translation, a free auotmatic service granted by this forum. For more translations, wait...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh ... you might say that, you might say that. icon_smile.gif Arniz is one of those people who if often so very fun to have around. Conrad may be a bit of a humorless stone-face, but his player likes fun as much as the next guy.

One other thing while I am thinking about it ... West ... what is up with the new character again? You change characters like most people change underwear. I don't think I can endorse knighting any more of them ... purely ooc ... it's just getting kinda silly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: