DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A message from Grok Please read

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: A message from Grok Please read Reply with quote

Hello, I miss you guys and gals..since Dyso died...it's been very sad..I hope to get some of us together on a server we will enjoy. Tuskan is still a work in progress..and while I am sure it will grow into a great Mod, for now it needs work. I want to ask, plead, or beg..my old friends to join me in a new world to see what you think.

It's called 5 Relms the web site where the patch and portraits pack is at is

http://www.drunkenwarriors.com

It is a huge patch, but well worth it, for many new thisngs are added, easy to install.

My E-mail address is ad_woo@yahoo.com
I am asking all my OSB friends, my fellow Mod's and all my fellow friends of dyso to contact me, or join 5 Relms and look for Grok or Delgar Silverlance.....and soon Rayla and Melvin....

Also, those who are developing Tuskan please drop by as you may get several ideas to add to your mod.

Since Dyso died, I have been missing you, my friends...please lets keep in touch.

Adam
(Grok)
View users profile Send private message Send email
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on 5 realms the other day ... you left as soon as I got there ... heh. Suffice to say I was fairly lost. Otherwise I have been busy working on zones for the Har-Rhun area when I have had free time.
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok we all miss you too! People like you are one of the reasons I played Dyso so much. A group of us are currently working on a new MOD that we can just play for fun every once in a while, or to stage our own events. It's currently consists of about 20+ maps, and we expect to maybe even double that in 2-4 weeks. It helps when our "Lead Developer aka Guioco Krag" is a programmer by trade at our work. I'm sure you know everyone in our little design group too. We are currently thinking in a little while of maybe inviting some of our old Dyso friends to come RP with us. Let me tell you that your name came up more than once icon_biggrin.gif

This is for you Foo icon_smile.gif
The GFS Development Team
Giuoco Krag (Scott)
Baleric Mos'viel (Adam)
Lythor Alomerii (Kim..Adam's Dad)
Izboliek Vulame (Mike)
Marek (Paul)
Kalor of Kali-Tyr (Me...Dave)

I'll definetly come check out 5 Realms and I'll let the others know that you are there too.

Last edited by Darkshadow666 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkshadow666 wrote:

Giuoco Krag (Scott)
Baleric Mos'viel (Adam)
Lythor Alomerii (Kim..Adam's Dad)
Izboliek Vulame (Mike)
Marek (Paul)
Kalor of Kali-Tyr (Me...Dave)

Funny...i thought you guys were all the same people....Kalor = Giuoco...heh...no idea you were related to Lythor...;/
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've tinkered around with 5Realms a bit and I have to give it a big fat thumbs down. Learning curve is too steep, definitely not new player friendly. Can't say I like the area set up much, either.
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis ok, more time for you to think up things to tell me to do so i can screw em up and make you do em anyways! icon_biggrin.gif
Uin
PostMon 07/21/03 7:47am
I think the hakpak thing makes my solo games crash on save, could be wrong, but it started happening shortly after I downloaded it.  Reply with quote

Grok
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is a lot to chalenge a char at almost any level..and once you learn where the good gear is it makes like much easier..in 5 days I have 1 lv 20, 1 lv 16 and 1 lv 15 char with very nice gear and no consern for gold, and there are lots of monsters (well at least a few) that require a party fo lv 20 chars. It's definatly not a friendly server, but there are a few exceptions...

Heh, guess I'm just lonely for my friends...Laz is bussy with his new star wars game, I have yet to see him there *sigh*..but If you look for one of my chars..Grok, Delgar, or Rayla I will set you up with nice gear and show you the ropes...

Thanks
Adam
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok wrote:
..in 5 days I have 1 lv 20, 1 lv 16 and 1 lv 15 char

Reminds me of Arkania.
Spears
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been playin on Arkania a lot- and I'm already pretty well settled there. If any of you want in, I'm sure I can hook you all up. Arkania seems to have soaked up all the Dyso players, so it hits near home. Ok, the items are quite uber in comparison to old dyso items, but I rather enjoy it (granted not as 'rp happening' as Dyso) since it is similar to Dyso 2.x

Again if anyone wants in:

email: doodah@shaw.ca (no spam here please ;P)
msn : r_e_d_l_i_n_e@hotmail.com (underscore after every letter)
aim : TerrafirmaIR

Even if your intention is not to play on Ark, add me to your lists anyway; it'd be nice to talk to you guys again icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad and i hate Arkania...him for personal reasons, me because Kane is an imbisile and hosts a server in an RP folder and can't rp for beans. The server is a mass of areas with uber items...it's just so crappily made, it has so much potential and it just...sucks. Like krynn.
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrafoo wrote:
Conrad and i hate Arkania...him for personal reasons, me because Kane is an imbisile and hosts a server in an RP folder and can't rp for beans. The server is a mass of areas with uber items...it's just so crappily made, it has so much potential and it just...sucks. Like krynn.

He he...not jealous because you aren't a DM there anymore are ya'? icon_wink.gif Sorry, just couldn't resist foo'....I thought your events were great icon_lol.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and alot of the scamps are on Grey Council Open, in the RP section. It's quite the opposite of Arkania or Dyso 2.x, you are not able to buy anything better than +2.
But there are much better items to get via quests, though you really need to team up to make it to the bosses. At the moment there's not too much RP cause the playerbase is not up to it's old size, server had a downtime of several weeks., but we're hoping for the best. icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarrML wrote:
He he...not jealous because you aren't a DM there anymore are ya'? icon_wink.gif Sorry, just couldn't resist foo'....I thought your events were great icon_lol.gif

Of course i am. But i always did hate the server, even while DMing - it was incredibly messy, and Kane from day 1 refused to RP anything. To prove it, you'll notice i had one level 20 character there in normal playing - and i had him DM'ed to that. I never got xp the real way more than a few chieftans outside of Port Grass, or whatever that start town is called.
Muric
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this thread degenerated quickly from some warm words between friends to the tiresome mod vs mod politics. *sigh*

I also miss you guys. I hope we'll all be playing together again soon. From the sounds of it, we'll be on a whole host of mods. We've got Cobar Arulean (Har-Rhun), Tuskan, Arkania, 5Realms, Dysotopia SoU (Bri), Darkshadow's mod (GFS?), and Grey Council Open already listed. We may end up spread out, but hopefully we can at least get together on a somewhat regular basis for old times' sake.

As for me, I've been helping with the development of another mod not yet mentioned. Along with expansia (Sophi / Nicha) and Lord Randall (Cragthor), we've been helping Balkur / Crupal (an old time Dysoer) with his new mod, though its not open to the public yet. I've also been trying to stay involved here with the new mod (Cobar Arulean or Har-Rhun), but I really can't do much to help at this point as the development team is loaded with people eager to help and more knowledgeable than me with scripting and such. I also pop in on Arkania occassionally because so many friends are there right now.

I'm not in-game quite as much these days, but I'd love to hear from any of you on messenger.

AIM: muricfearinsen
MSN: knoxjimmy@yahoo.com
Yahoo: muric15

Take care. Hope to see you soon.

Jim (Muric)
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction -- I do not hate Arkania. I've only been on that server like twice in my life, I can't hate that which I have hardly played on. What I don't care for there is the politics ... and I have seen plenty of their politics posted on their forums as well as on the forums here.
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be straigh, I wasn't mocking anyone's mod...just wanted to give foo' a hard time because I know he can take it....and, he's helped me out in the past with stuff, so I guess I shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist. Sorry icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Ultrafoo
PostWed 07/23/03 2:01am
Don't be sorry no one is taking it wrong! We're all friends here. icon_lol.gif  Reply with quote

Wehnoka
PostThu 07/24/03 9:01pm
*cries* Gah, I miss all you guys!!! I hope that one day, like Muric says, we can all get together and play again.  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
PostFri 07/25/03 12:45pm
Har-Rhun will be that place...it's coming along so nicely...and i'm so happy i can actually do something this time....*a look of total satisfaction*  Reply with quote

expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto exactly to what Jim said...especially to the thread degradation part icon_smile.gif

I'm doing a lot of FR stuff for a mod as of late, but have talked to a couple of you guys. I miss how we all used to party together. I've pretty much found a new home, though, but it's in the building stages.

I'm typically on YM as expansia2001 if you just want to chat, or at expansia2001@yahoo.com if email is your forte.

I hope everyone is well icon_smile.gif

Marcie
Lord Randall
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hey, why not throw my own hat in the ring here, even if by now things have sort of played out.

As mentioned, I'm involved in setting up a new mod, though honestly I need more time in the day to really work on it. Thankfully we have Balkur and Marcie on the project. icon_smile.gif

My other post in response to Grok's farewell subject heading cleared most of my feelings up nicely, but if anyone gets that urge to talk to me:

LrdRandall (aol)
Darklord R (aim)
darklord_randall (yahoo)

Um, yeah, the names were completely chosen at random... *whistles innocently* Note the aol name would also be for email, but if you happen to contact me that way, make sure the subject heading the first time is outstanding... junk mail seems to be prolific at the moment. And I'd hate to accidently delete someone's message.
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: